PF DarkPhotographer Male Ypsilanti, Michigan, US My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/PFDark
Mayhem # 668172
Now on Twitter...
If you are local to the AnnArbor MI area and interested in being informed of impromptu modeling opportunities start following me at
http://twitter.com/search/users?q=phunf … on_twitter
This is a place for me to remember why I fell in love with photography. No clients ready to crush you if you screw up. Only you, the camera, and the question "What if?"
I am still learning to use my eyes to see how the world should look, my hands to create that vision and my head to critique its importance.
Most important of all is to have Fun with Photography ;')
Rants and Raves :
This part is to get things off my chest. I dont know what will end up being here but for now ....
2257 and me:...
All 2257 information can be obtained at the place of business listed on the watermark on the photo. I keep mostly normal hours but don't be coming to me at 8AM wanting me to prove so and so is over 18+, I need my beauty sleep.
Playing with rope:...
There are some models out there that are courious about playing with rope. Don't be, it can be a great expierence, It can also be your worst nightmare. There are few simple things to help you have fun and stay safe.
1) Know who your playing with. - I cant believe I said it, it seems so obvious. If there is nothing to indicate someone knows what their doing with rope, don't be the guina pig unless you know them well. You should trust the rigger completely, they hold your life in their hands.
2) Just before the first knot is tied ask "where are the safty sissors" - If they don't have them on-hand, make sure they get them before their needed.
3) If it hurts don't bear it, say "That hurts" - We can't feel your pain, a tight tie is one thing, but too tight or in the wrong spot can cause serious nerve damage from compression. Every effort is made to avoid this but again we can't feel your pain.
4) If your cold say "I'm cold" - It may sound like your complaining but cold hands and feet can be a sign of low or no blood circulation. Smart riggers will hold your hand before tieing to get a base line of your skin temperature so they can tell if things are not right later. We are not trying to be fresh
5) I know this is one that others may not agree with because it CAN be done safely but, my personal rule is absolutely no lines across the front of the neck. Accidents happen, its not worth it to me to take the chance.
So why model for me?
I can only strive to have a simmilar affect as this photographer has had on models. I am truely honored by the people who have let me tie them up and photograph them nude as their first modeling expierence.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/women … cking.html
Did you ever think about shooting shibari but didn't really know how to start? Did you put it off because finding models was hard? Have you not tried it because you feel a little uncomfortable? Im here to help. Individual instruction is available with workshops comming in March 2010.