Because life is like a box of chocolate, I am taking a hiatus from shooting in SD, and will be traveling the World on the oceans.
See you MMers when I return... Aloha!
Welcome everyone, and thank you for stopping by!
Someone said "a picture is worth a thousand words", and I agree with that. Therefor I will try to be brief, in order to let you take a look at my port, and if you like it, you can either leave a comment, a tag, or go further into my website www.urakphotography.com
, to see my full potential.
I'm an instinct photographer, and have been lucky to have an amazing photographer teaching me from very young, since he was my dad. I'm a lot into contrasts, revealing shapes and contours if I shoot an artsy nude, and artistic pictures is what I love to shoot. However, I can do commercial, beauty etc. Like I stated above, I have a wide spectrum.
My goal here, on MM, is to interact with people from this industry, and create more beautiful images, and eventually find some paid gigs.
I do TF, which is what most people expect here, but if you are a model, and you send me something, don't do it thinking I'm gonna hire you. It's not gonna happen! Photographers also have bills to pay, and if you want to work with one, respect him/her as much as you would like to be respected yourself...
All that said, I rarely accept friend requests that are not accompanied by a comment, tag or message, and will not request you without that simple sign of courtesy.
As for TF, my standard is to meet prior to the shoot, like a few days before, to talk about the theme, and see how the vibe goes. I work a lot with vibes, and will not force myself, or the model, to work together if there's a weird vibe. We're not paid, so we might as well have fun shooting, right?
Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!
Laurent Kramer, photographer
Fashion and misc.:
- APA Counsulting, San Diego
- Dress 4 Nines (Fashion store for pregnant women, opening in April 08)
- San Diego Civic Youth Ballet (SDCYB), covering most performances, Since 2008
- Some independent dancing events
- The Devil's Playground, burlesque group, Los Angeles
Live Jazz/music/artistic performances:
- Covering many different live Jazz gigs with famous musicians, in places like Dizzy's, Anthology, The Onyx Room, The Seven Grand SD, and many more in San Diego County, or The Mint in LA.
- Member of the photographers team for San Diego Indie Festival V, VI and VII (2009/2010/2011)
- Revolt In Style Magazine (surfing and events shots)
- San Diego Beachlife Magazine
- San Diego City Beat
- The Reader
- Father Joe's 26th Children Charity - official photographer
- Surfrider Foundation Art Galas - official photographer
- Mia Risa Foundation 2010 found raising
- Tailgater's Surfing association
- The University Club's events in San Diego
- Bay Club Marina, Grand Opening
- San Diego City Beat's special events
- Shooting with models willing to share ideas and enjoy the quest for beauty
- Shooting random things and doing my best to make them look great...
Peeps I have the privilege to shoot with:
Models and/or artists:
Carlita SD MM#1416898
Melissa Riso MM#507695
Morgan M Mitchell MM#1073359
Olivia Korte MM#722191
Monica Haleh MM#420784
Tia the Tiger MM#285292
Portia Mango MM#539024
Josh Dunn MM#378488
Staci Ann MM#817639
Tattoo Betty MM#1084332
Patricia Hubbard MM#454127
Julie Ann Cass
Jessica De Col
Danielle Dutro (singer/songwriter)
Lacey Mc Namara (singer/songwriter)
Chanelle Nager MM#456812