Forums > Critique > Some of my photography...

Model

Renee

New York, New York, US

I'm photographer and model... haven't posted here before.
My little sister.
I develope and print myself... used a Canon 35mm. FTB
https://myspace-277.vo.llnwd.net/00201/77/22/201832277_l.jpg

Sep 08 05 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I don't know what FTB is, but I do like the photo big_smile

Sep 08 05 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Stan Goldstein

New York, New York, US

I still like it. 
I still like it a lot. 
I still like it a very lot. 

The world needs to see more of Renee the photog.  It also needs to see more of Renee the model.

AND if you run for national public office I'll vote for you.

Sep 09 05 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Good shot.  Very dramatic- particularly the models' facial expression and camera angle.  Nice job on the lighting.  You've navigated the highlights in a lovely way -such that we are still able to get detail out of the window frame.  Model is well lit, with good detail in the eyes.  There is a well placed background light behind her head that helps establish subject dimension and overall perspective.  Composition is bold, but effective with good subject placement.  Nice depth of field.

Good shot.

Sep 10 05 05:11 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Nello Ryan wrote:
Good shot.  Very dramatic- particularly the models' facial expression and camera angle.  Nice job on the lighting.  You've navigated the highlights in a lovely way -such that we are still able to get detail out of the window frame.  Model is well lit, with good detail in the eyes.  There is a well placed background light behind her head that helps establish subject dimension and overall perspective.  Composition is bold, but effective with good subject placement.  Nice depth of field.

Good shot.

It is a nice photo. I was wondering since you gave such an elaborate detail of what and how she got the shot...Why do you suspect it was a posed and planned shot so much?
It could very well be just a shot near the window.

I would love to hear if she had planned it though the way nello described, that is a pretty good trick to be able to read a photo that well.

Sep 10 05 05:34 am Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
It is a nice photo. I was wondering since you gave such an elaborate detail of what and how she got the shot...Why do you suspect it was a posed and planned shot so much?
It could very well be just a shot near the window.

I would love to hear if she had planned it though the way nello described, that is a pretty good trick to be able to read a photo that well.

Actually, I don't think ALL of it was planned.  I would guess that there was a good amount chance involved in getting this shot.  But I do feel that it was ultimately delivered by good technique. 

Could this just be a lucky shot?  100% chance occurence?  And maybe she had no idea what she was doing when she took the shot?  Sure.  But I don't have any other examples of her work to compare in order to assess her overall capabilities/consistency.

Yes.  Entirely possible that this was "just a shot near the window."  But it is a Good shot by the window and -for whichever reasons- it has Good technical merit.

Sep 10 05 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Barry Treleaven

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Nice light and shadow detail Renee the FTB would be lost on some none canon camera users oh and the fd glass to
regards
Barry Treleaven

Sep 10 05 06:30 am Link

Photographer

hypolux

Atlanta, Georgia, US

WOW I finally am getting to see some of your work behind the camera - in an attempt to not be redundant, I'll not state the obvious strengths/weaknesses of the shot since plenty people already have and I'm not awake enough to say anything remotely interested right now...  But this is a beautiful shot and I love that you're using film, processing & printing it yourself - that alone teaches a person so much about photogrpahy as a whole than can be amazingly useful in sooooooo many instances.  It makes me pause to think about how the things that seem to live in the images a person shoots translate to how one models & who they pick to work with - and for whatever reason, somethings making sense........ah bloody hell, I'm babbling incoherently again - I really ought not type before my morning pot of coffee ^^ 
Just drop me a line when you're around smile

Sep 11 05 09:26 am Link