Forums > Critique > critique me, go on :)

Model

Jacinta Lee

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

just added some new shots and they need to be looked at tongue

well, just asking nicely if you'll help out

cheers!

Sep 15 05 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Jacinta Lee wrote:

cheers!

Hi Jacinta,

I like the two mandatory bikini shots despite the purple legs. The wild frizzy hair looks cool.

The reason your legs turn purple is due to lack of blood flow to the skin. Two suggestions to help before or during a shoot: Rub your thighs up and down with your hands for a few minutes, this help circulate the blood and the friction helps generate a little heat or have a small hair dryer close by will also help. They sound weird but they work.

And you look great with the boobs you have!! Hope this helps.

Sep 15 05 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Fiz

Hanover, Illinois, US

I love the one against the brick wall.  The red shot is very cool, though it seems the red is too strong, and obscures the beautiful tangle of bodies, which in my opinion is the art of the photo.

Of course, my opinion + one US dollar will get you about a half liter of gas here in the states

Sep 15 05 06:06 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Jacinta Lee wrote:

cheers!

I think, The "I like the pretty colours and I like not smiling, shot" is one of your best as well as the one of you in the white dress. A great improvement from the last shots. Keep up the good work! big_smile

Ciao
Angela
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sep 15 05 06:13 pm Link

Model

Jacinta Lee

hey, thanks for the positive feedback guys!

so I'm not doing anything wrong? I mostly only have images from 1 photographer up (because she was damn good)

so looking to do lots more work, hopefully get some really good quality stuff^^

Sep 16 05 02:43 am Link

Photographer

ARCHER

Youngsville, Louisiana, US

I don't think you're doing anything "wrong", it's just that your inexperience is showing.

Stop fretting over your body, you're perfect. Start putting passion into your work, stop "posing" and start "being"... immerse yourself in the fantasy. Physically, you're there, emotionally, you're detached.

A pretty girl will get a glance but a mysterious soul will grab attention.

Woody

Sep 16 05 06:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

I am not sure if you want a crit. on everything or just the new ones.
SO, that being said.
Your headshot, the avatar should be on your comp card.  Is it on the front?  If not, your agency should re-do them.  There is no shot on it that really shows what you look like.
And the shots with the geometric halter top need to be redone or let go of.  A shot where your face is a different color from your body is unacceptable on a comp card, not to mention your portfolio.
The shots of you in the bikini are good, but the purple legs have GOT to go.  It looks bad.  Almost every model I have ever worked with goes purple in the studio.  You should have had body makeup or the photographer should fix this.  It is just bad.  And excusing yourself for it does not make a difference.  Make the photographer retouch.
I think you have a strong book, if you make these changes.
Your headshot is beautiful.
The red shot is cool.

Sep 16 05 08:11 am Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

ARCHER wrote:
I don't think you're doing anything "wrong", it's just that your inexperience is showing.

Stop fretting over your body, you're perfect. Start putting passion into your work, stop "posing" and start "being"... immerse yourself in the fantasy. Physically, you're there, emotionally, you're detached.

A pretty girl will get a glance but a mysterious soul will grab attention.

Woody

I am going to copy this statement and put it on my wall for the models who arrive and think they simply sit and look pretty and fame will arrive.  I havestuggled withthe wordstoexpress exactly this  Thank you for your help.

And I exhothese remarks to Jacinta Lee

Sep 16 05 09:18 pm Link

Model

Jacinta Lee

inexperienced? moi?

but of course!

but I'm really beginning to love this. at first i used to shake when being photographed...damn shyness. i feel very comfortable now. no, not comfortable...creative

just like when I'm drawing or writing really.

can't wait to have some more shoots and putting more fire into them. i'll show you again when I have them smile

Sep 16 05 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

Your shots are definitely upgraded. It's good to see the improvement. When it becomes 2nd nature, you're going to be flammable. I'd like to see more expression and fluidity. Your hard posing is still timid and your sexiness is mostly external, presently. The time is coming though.

Sep 18 05 07:28 pm Link