Forums > Critique > i need something.....

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

ok my photos are missing something but i just cant put my finger on it. what is working for me? what isn't? what do i need to change? i want deeper saturation in my colours. how can i get that? can i get some help from the pro photographers out there? models, your input is welcome too.

Sep 15 05 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

How about more clarity?  Your color shot of Dhozal is your best.

Paul

Sep 15 05 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

ok thats a start...anything else

Sep 15 05 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Well, our styles are different so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I like the other shot of Dozal on the wall.  And the shot of Daphne, although the pose is a little lame.  Most of the rest you could pitch as far as I'm concerned. wink  I think you should stick with street photography, which is what you do, but go for more clarity.

Paul

Sep 15 05 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

I srolled thought your profolio and none of the images gave the the desire to click it to see a larger size.  I would suggest you pay close attention to the lighting each time yu take a shot, and scrutize the the results.  I spend a good deal of time before shooting a handful of shots - working with the model or positioning myself to take best advantage of the lighting which is available to me.

So to sum this up it seems to me the weakest aspect of your work is that lighting iwas not a high enough prioroity when you took these shots.  What does seems to be working for you is your Public Relations.

Sep 15 05 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Hey Zach...

Your color shots of Stephanie, Cynthia and Dozal look alittle too contrasty, almost as if they were scanned from a rather contrasty color transparency film.  You lost detail in the eyes of alot of your models, as they are heavily shaded... a sign of some available light images captured with no reflector or strobe fill.  And yes... you might want to turn the saturation down (and a constrast reduction) on a few of those images also... my 2 cents... wink

Sep 15 05 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

ok now thats what i was looking for. thanks.

Sep 16 05 09:00 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Zach Watkins wrote:
ok my photos are missing something but i just cant put my finger on it. what is working for me? what isn't? what do i need to change? i want deeper saturation in my colours. how can i get that? can i get some help from the pro photographers out there? models, your input is welcome too.

They're missing me....LOL

Sorry , I couldn't resist!

Sep 16 05 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
They're missing me....LOL

Sorry , I couldn't resist!

haha, thats cool. i'd love to shoot you anyway.
thats actually why im leaving colorado. the girls dont have the look i want and its so hard to find models. hell, Liz(dozal) wasn't a model. i made her into 1. and now i get no credit in her profile. how sad.
ok well within the next 6 weeks my fotos will be stepping up quite a bit. i finnally have a flash unit and a few reflectors. yay!

Sep 16 05 09:55 am Link