Forums > Critique > Just curious what you may think...

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ok, after weeks of contemplating, I finally decided to ask for opinions.

Bring it on people smile but please don't be too harsh, thanks!

Sep 17 05 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

First, you're NOT ugly. wink

The last photographer you shot with went a bit too heavy on the Photoshop stuff.  And you have a very round face.  That calls for short lighting to thin it down some.  On the pics in the yellow dress, you're too close to the background and he's shooting down on you.

Paul

Sep 17 05 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

dadikongbaduy

Manila, Arkansas, US

medyo malusog pero maganda at mukhang mabait.

Sep 17 05 03:58 pm Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

As it is obvious I'm just starting out, I still am looking for different (hopefully more pro) photographers who are willing to work with me.  But thanks Paul for confirming what I'm not heheh smile Just wondering though re: the yellow outfit, if it was re done heeding your tips and by another photographer, would the results turn out better?  Or maybe the outfit just didn't compliment my body type.
---
Dadi, malusog at mabait? Aray wink Salamat din smile

Sep 17 05 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

If you're shooting TFP, it wouldn't hurt to try the yellow one again.  You can always pitch them.  But you may be right about body type.  I looked again and I'm not sure it'll work.  I like the black outfit better.

Paul

Sep 17 05 08:50 pm Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damn it, that's why I stick with black clothing heheh.

I'll try the yellow outfit again some time later...and I won't be too close to the background.

See? I listen smile

Sep 20 05 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

PinayVampyre wrote:
Ok, after weeks of contemplating, I finally decided to ask for opinions.

Bring it on people smile but please don't be too harsh, thanks!

I'm finding it hard to believe you're 23 smile  You are very pretty and young looking.  Just need more work to provide more diversity to your profile.

Sep 20 05 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

PinayVampyre wrote:
Damn it, that's why I stick with black clothing heheh.

I'll try the yellow outfit again some time later...and I won't be too close to the background.

See? I listen smile

I agree the yellow is not your best outfit and may not be your best color, but if you replaced the yellow in thee images with any other color you would not have flattering images.  They are poorly taken and the poses were a mistake.  Get a shorter photographer next time, or one that is sensitive to your needs.

I think you look good in black but I think the best color images for your skin are the green ones.  Paul and I have had a disagreement about color vs black white in another thread so I do no want to bring that discussion up again however I would look at some of the traditional ethnic costume colors from your ethnic group if you can these usually are very complimentary.

Here is a URL – the best I could find in a few minutes.  It contains an article which roughly describes how to choose the right colors for your skin tone.

http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/_c/c-315.html

Sep 20 05 03:46 pm Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks Jester :-)

I'm slowly 'diversifying' my port heheh.  Any suggestions how to go about doing that? Different poses, different outfits, different expressions or would it be up to the future photographers I'm gonna be working with?

Sep 21 05 08:44 am Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ProShotPhoto wrote:
I agree the yellow is not your best outfit and may not be your best color, but if you replaced the yellow in thee images with any other color you would not have flattering images.

***What if the outfit was black?

ProShotPhoto wrote:
They are poorly taken and the poses were a mistake.

***That was my fault.  The poses were my idea since the photographer was my then bf.

ProShotPhoto wrote:
Get a shorter photographer next time, or one that is sensitive to your needs.

***He's still learning. 

ProShotPhoto wrote:
I think you look good in black but I think the best color images for your skin are the green ones.

***It's funny because I never wore green and it turns out to be the best colour for my skin.  Recently just trying to be more open-minded when it comes to wearing clothes other than black.

ProShotPhoto wrote:
Paul and I have had a disagreement about color vs black white in another thread so I do not want to bring that discussion up again however I would look at some of the traditional ethnic costume colors from your ethnic group if you can these usually are very complimentary.

***Interesting.  Is there a site I can go to to look?  If not, I'll google.

ProShotPhoto wrote:
Here is a URL – the best I could find in a few minutes.  It contains an article which roughly describes how to choose the right colors for your skin tone.

http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/_c/c-315.html

***Thanks Pro, I tried reading it last night but I couldn't understand it sad  I think I'm warm.  I'm not sure.  I'll keep trying though heheh.

Sep 21 05 08:59 am Link