Forums > Critique > ~HI, New model looking for advice~

Model

Shereen

Salem, Oregon, US

Hey I just started modeling...what do you guys think?  Any advice?
Thank you for your time!
~Shirin

Sep 17 05 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

The plus is that you got some pretty good pictures for your first shoot.

The minus is that you didn't put the photographer's name in the copyright field.  You can go back and do that by editing each image.

Paul

Sep 17 05 08:54 pm Link

Model

Shereen

Salem, Oregon, US

Thank you!
Ok I did it. : )

Sep 19 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Congratulations!  That'll make it a lot easier for you to get more shoots too.

Paul

Sep 19 05 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Shereen,

As Paul said, you did well for a first shoot.  You also picked a photographer who was able to handle some tough lighting conditions without excessive loss of highlight or shadow detail.  The images give a good idea of your look, show a range of poses and expressions; the rest will come with experience.  You'll find some nice locations near Crescent City and the coastal fog of fall mornings or the coming rainy season overcast can be great to shoot in.  You'll find relatively few photographers who work with models on the north coast though, here in Humboldt it's basically me, Mark Lufkin, and lil_pup (MM #9441) doing alt stuff, and Matt Knowles doing a softer boudoir style, perhaps also a few HSU students but they change from semester to semester.  Most photographers here do landscapes or abstracts because they sell better to the summer tourist trade.

So I encourage you to tap into the Portland, Salem, or Eugene market while you're still up there or home on breaks.

Sep 19 05 03:22 pm Link

Model

Shereen

Salem, Oregon, US

Thank you for the advice Ken! I will be in Crescent city for 10 months then I plan on moving back to Salem. It wold be cool to get some shots in crescent city, I love the beach and the the RedWoods. I just hope I get some time.
~Shirin

Sep 20 05 07:42 pm Link