Forums > Critique > Your view.

Model

Caitlin

Providence, Kentucky, US

New photographs. Please give me your honest opinions, let me know what you think.

Sep 18 05 12:52 am Link

Photographer

UneekArts

Wadesboro, North Carolina, US

All of your shots are great. I love the work you and Julia did, especially the fairy look with the wild curly hair. The B&W shots are good as well, they show a lot of mood.

Excellent work, keep it up.

By the way, I passed on my compliments to Julia as well. You both have excellent portfolios.

Sep 18 05 03:37 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Ditto what Uneek said.  But I'd pitch all of the ones in the 3rd row and the last three in the last row.  Keep shooting.  You look good.

Paul

Sep 18 05 04:31 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
But I'd pitch all of the ones in the 3rd row and the last three in the last row.

There comes a time when a critique of the critique is necessary.  The statement you made has no validity if you don't give explanation of the reasoning. 

Why is this important you might ask?  It goes to the credibility in opinion of those that understand imaging models and value of the critique process.

Sep 18 05 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

You're hijacking her thread.

Paul

Sep 18 05 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
You're hijacking her thread.

I don't think so.  I was asking for the critique that didn't provide any meaning to be given more depth.

Sep 18 05 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Caitlin wrote:
New photographs. Please give me your honest opinions, let me know what you think.

I never know which ones are new vs. old. 

And what are you attempting to do with your portfolio?   I think that helps folks determine how to analyze your question.

Sep 18 05 06:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

You would be best suited for commercial work in my opinion and so I would keep from top left to bottom right numbers  6, 7, 17  (thats it, just 3 until you get better photos) I would work on more lifestyle shots, natural hair and makeup and ditch all the attempts at fashion and edgy...they won't get you anywhere in your market.  Thats my opinion.

Sep 18 05 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

I started to write down an explanation why each image should be or not be on your portfolio until I realized I would have to be writing an explanation for most of them.

So I thought it might be better to say keep the images that flatter YOU not the images you think are Kool.  As these could only flatter the photographer if they really are good.

Examples Sunglasses - you are not n the picture you are hidden behind the glasses, the black bandana image is too blurry to be useful for anything, the shot with the necklace in your mouth makes no sense. The big hair do – is not flattering you in all but possibly one of the shots.  I am assuming the images given to you by others to pitch and keep make sense because general this is what I would have said if I felt it was my responsibility to spend the time it takes to check each of them and write you a huge paragraph.

You have a great look – however not many of these shots have captured it YET!

Sep 18 05 06:40 pm Link