Forums > Model Colloquy > Kate Moss - caught with cocaine

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Rachael wrote:

I'm an not surpised that she was cought with that.  But her skininess is from drugs and young girls look up to her and so they are starving themsevles to death. I was just helping out at a High School Football games last week and I was getting food for the Cheerleaders and the one girl was odering a pop and Candy. and another girl behind her was say "oh look at the carbs." She wasn't but 15 years old. I think women need to Embrace the way they are and eat Right and exercise. but not Stavre yourself or do drugs to be that way. Some think genanics is not ture reason why some are bigger. I work out and eat right but I seem not to be able to get under 180. But I look at all the women in my family and they all are at least about 180 or larger. I think we need to go back to were women have womanly Curves and not Skiny as a toothpick. Well that is my little rant. good luck to all

15 and carb cutting??? that's just wrong

Sep 22 05 04:07 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Ariane G wrote:
It was in yesterdays Yahoo Entertainment News....Kate Moss caught on surveillance tape with cocaine.

Apparently, only after she publicly got caught, she then publicly apologized for everything as it was a violation of her Modeling contract with H&M clothing. It mentioned a clause in her contract that she was to maintain a wholesome image.

Reps for H&M clothing in Stockholm, Sweden say they forgive her and give her a second chance. Now if this was just a new model or one with not much name recognition, do you think she would have been given a second chance?  If it was an average girl, I think she would have been promptly arrested as well.

Is the industry continually that jaded that they will allow ANY "celebrity" to get away with anything? 

Or is this just more media drama, like the Paris Hilton sex tape which made Paris a household name and led to her modeling/acting career?

Wholesome image? Thats cute,lol! I mean, has her agency not seen the sexy topless ads and such?lol
Im not surprised she was doing coke either. Considering the competitive nature of the fashion model business, if she doesn`t do the gig, someone else will. I have known models who have done so much coke or speed to stay up and be able to do more work to be more available that they have been up for 2 weeks straight. You dont really think she was skinny just from not eating much , do ya? smile

Sep 29 05 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Kate Moss has entered rehab. She's trying to deal with the problem she has. She needs support now, not a lot of condemnation.

Perhaps there is a way that those of us who are not caught in an addiction can work to make the modeling industry face the reality of what they are doing and allowing kids to do. We all know models who have left the serious agency life because of too much drug abuse.

There must be somethig that can be done to change this. And before weight becomes the over=riding excuse for using drugs, lets face the reality - that's bull. Drugs are used because they are fun and acceptable in the model world. Lots of people keep thin without using drugs.

Sep 29 05 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Mark-NewStart

Chicago, Illinois, US

Isn't there a gendre of model look referred to as "Herion Sheik" of which Kate would have been a member? 

and to Jessica L......this thread needed your coke line....

Sep 30 05 05:25 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Kate's facing termination of all these contracts and may face prosecution charges.  You know, as much as I despise the notion of ppl doing drugs I'm also aware that almost everybody in the hi-fashion world does it, and a ton of other people outside fashion industry.  I think Kate needed help to get over her addiction but I also feel that she ended up being a scapegoat for a problem that so many other ppl has.  I think what was originally just her cocaine habit exposed and her going to rehab has been completely blown up by the media saying "see, see? she's skinny cuz she's a druggy I knew it!" and "ha-HA! a flaw of a superstar is so marvelous to see".  For that I feel sorry for her.

Sep 30 05 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Is it stretching too much to find irony in that Stella McCartney is a well-known name at the very least partially due to her father's and his friends' drug use?

Sep 30 05 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Robert_Darabos

Saginaw, Michigan, US

when have celebrities not got away with everything?

Sep 30 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
I blame society for the fact that I'm not a cokehead.  I've been force-fed anti-drug propaganda since elementary school.  Thanks for eliminating my right to choose, D.A.R.E. program!

LOL.

Oct 13 05 03:23 pm Link