Forums > Critique > Is my Avatar out of Line

Photographer

EMB Images

Delmar, Delaware, US

Please comment on my avatar, Sons Final Goodbye.  It was very difficult for me to take this image at the time.  About 12 hrs after this pic was taken, my father passed away.  But I view it has a tribute, a thank you and the loive for him.

Sep 18 05 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Out of line only if it bothers you.  Otherwise it's a great tribute.  My heart goes out to you and your family!

Sep 18 05 07:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Susanne Crawford

Austin, Texas, US

I believe you captured a sacred moment, and it is tremendously beautiful.  This photograph made me cry.  It is incredible when art can move you like this.

Sep 18 05 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

envisage photography

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You had your camera in the right place at the right time...this is a tremendous image. So hard to envoke that much feeling with one photo. The rest of your portfolio is great too....all of your images are extremely thought provoking.
Kudos.
   Becky

Sep 18 05 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

It is a beatifull image .. It is one that I would keep as my avatar for as long as it had meaning to me (ie forever)  Keep up the great work

Sep 18 05 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I looked at it before I read your post. The read your post and got chills down mine spine. I love the shot.

Sep 18 05 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Wonderful tribute - thank you for sharing.  It's something how you've got the complete circle of life depicted in your port.

Sep 18 05 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

The Photo Chick

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

That is the most beautiful image....thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Sep 18 05 09:54 pm Link

Model

Belladonna

Los Angeles, California, US

Totally in line. It reminds me almost a little bit too much about my father before he died. It is a beautiful photo.

Sep 18 05 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

johnnycrosslin

Dallas, Texas, US

I haven't seen every photo on this site, but I'm guessing yours is one of the best - thanks for sharing it with us.

Sep 18 05 10:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

It's a beautiful shot.  I love Blessed Andrew as well (thats my sons name)  not many photos make me tear up, these did.

Sep 18 05 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Savage

Encinitas, California, US

Wow....

Wonderful image and port.

My heart goes out to you....

Thank you for sharing.

Sep 18 05 10:28 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

It's a beautiful and very powerful image.  I was there with my mother when she passed.  This is a lovely tribute to the love between a parent and child.

God bless you and take care of yourself.

Seth

Sep 18 05 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

People do not always get what we do and why we do it. Our family is always there to give us a kind word though. I think your photo is a tribute to your father and your inner power and way of copping with life and the troubble it brings. If you were a painter you would have painted a picture, a song writer would have wrote a song. You just did what you know and are good at.

It's a beautiful way of saying goodbye and I will never for get any of the time we spent together.

That said, I am very sorry for your's and your families loss.

Steven

Sep 18 05 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

EMB Images

Delmar, Delaware, US

I thank everyones input regarding this image.  It was very difficult for me in my mind to justify shooting it, I just felt the need to.  It was the only image I took.  I just didn't want people to think I was being disrespectful at my fathers expense.  All your comments here has helped me realize that it was OK.  Thank you.  Yours in images, Craig

Sep 19 05 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

embimages wrote:
I just felt the need to.  It was the only image I took.

Capturing moments like that is what inspires me and drives me to excell as a photographer!

Sorry for your loss... and congratulations on a historic image!

All the best

Udo

Sep 19 05 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

That is the best shot I have ever seen. May God bless you and yours.

Sep 20 05 12:15 am Link

Model

MegB2084

Keego Harbor, Michigan, US

I love the photo. It's a great shot of a memorable moment in life. It's filled with love and compassion. Make my heart beat harder just seeing it. Keep up the good work.

Sep 20 05 12:19 am Link

Model

Erin Robinson

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

I think it's lovely and very moving.  A beautiful tribute to the bond between you and your father!

Sep 20 05 12:38 am Link