Forums > Critique > Dangerous Locations

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

I would appreciate feedback on my Dangerous Locations series. I'm heading more toward animated scenes over the tired old glamour stuff.

Thanks.

Sep 20 05 11:30 pm Link

Model

Inque

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Your avatar I like the most because of the action and the expression. Since the theme is dangerous locations I think there should be a bit more emotion in the pictures...somethign conveying how dangerous they are perhaps? But I like them all as images regardless.

--Best of Luck,

Kiara

Sep 20 05 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Looks good so far. Lets maybe see some fear or anxiety in those "Dangerous Locations". Perhaps the shadow of a figure thrown in too.

Mark

Sep 20 05 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

JM Dean wrote:
Looks good so far. Lets maybe see some fear or anxiety in those "Dangerous Locations"

Mark

Yup. That's where I'm headed, starting with the one I did tonight with Catrina. It just started by dropping in industrial backgrounds around models shot in the studio (they are all composites), using images from actually dangerous locations. Places you could never shoot a model. The dire situation works very well, though, boosted when a model is dressed inappropriately for the scene. Thanks.

Sep 20 05 11:53 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Jim Warren wrote:
Places you could never shoot a model.

I'm actually a location kinda guy myself. Nothing a Ruger P85 wont take care of smile

Sep 21 05 12:07 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

I like your avatar. The dirty industrial senes are always fun.

Sep 21 05 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

well the composite part looks composite to me.  I feel like I'm watching one of those b movies with fake backdrop.  I don't know enough about photoshop to make it look more real but I'd figure that one out.

And then, it might be because the models were in the studio, but I'm not feeling whatever they're supposed to be feeling.

what are they supposed to be feeling?

Sep 21 05 02:25 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hey Jim,
Thats a great theme idea. Chicago is full of dangerous locations, lol - so you can get tons of background photos there.....and then just add the model for the theme.  Sounds fun.  I'd be up for shooting some dangerous themes...! But I'm booked solid till Oct 10th.

Hey, I thought you were in Las Vegas too?

Sep 21 05 02:32 am Link