Forums > Model Colloquy > OMG!! I am in need of an awesome shoot! Help!!

Model

MissMelrose

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

So, I did this paid shoot for a website feature and the pictures turned out HORRIBLE!!  I am so disgusted of them but I signed a release.  What do I do in a situation like that??  I want the pictures off of the site, they are disgusting.  I cried for 2 hours after I saw them!  I want to set up a shoot and get some really awesome images to possibly switch with the ones they have.  If anyone wants to set something up, please let me know pronto!!!  (Make up too, the last shoot I did my own make up and now I know why I am a model and not a make up artist!)

Sep 22 05 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

ChristianBehr

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Well, email  me what your budget is for the shoot... and we'll see if we can't kick some butt for you.  Also, tell me what the site is so we can decide if we want our work there in the first place.

christian

Sep 22 05 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Things oN MM That make you say WTF... (this may become my new fave starting point for postings!)

If you were paid for the shoot by the client it isn't your worry.  This happens all the time; not every model is pleased with the results.  But, that isn't your concern, it is the client's.

If the hack client didn't care enough to provide a MUA and if the shots turned out like crap, well that's their problem.

However, you could go to the client with your concern and have them bring in a photographer and MUA to do the project right if they feel the same way about the results.

Sep 22 05 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

area291 wrote:
Things oN MM That make you say WTF... (this may become my new fave starting point for postings!)

Yep, look for a simple, "WTF".

MissMelrose, is the rest of their website's content just as awful as the ones you're describing? If the rest of their stuff is of higher quality, you might be able to convince someone to re-do it. That really can't be counted on and depends on demeanor of the people behind the project.

If the rest of their stuff is bad, too, hey...you got paid. Hope you were paid well, at least.

Sep 22 05 05:53 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

area291 wrote:
If the hack client didn't care enough to provide a MUA and if the shots turned out like crap, well that's their problem.

However, you could go to the client with your concern and have them bring in a photographer and MUA to do the project right if they feel the same way about the results.

Agreed.

Sep 23 05 01:15 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

MissMelrose wrote:
What do I do in a situation like that??

change your name
get a plastic surgery tongue

Sep 24 05 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I would love to work with you, and have a great makeup artist as well.....hit me up if I can help :-)

Sep 24 05 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

I looked at the images you have posted here. I would not call them crap, in fact I would say most of them are very good. Why not offer some of those as replacements if the client is willing...

Sep 24 05 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

Lady in distress. Not bad for a first post. It will get people to at least look at your page. Very good...

Sep 24 05 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

jonesy67

Deer Lodge, Tennessee, US

Good thing I am an awsome photographer smile
Let me know what you need. I travel constantly but do understand that you are only as good as your worst image.

As for the site... unfortunately not much you can do if you have signed a release. But you can talk with the photographer and let him/her know that you will have to let all of the models you know that he/she suck @#$% through a straw and will direct them to his site to prove it. Maybe the person has a feeling of self worth.... maybe not.

Just be more careful next time.

Jonesy

Sep 25 05 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

MissMelrose wrote:
So, I did this paid shoot for a website feature and the pictures turned out HORRIBLE!!  I am so disgusted of them but I signed a release.  What do I do in a situation like that??  I want the pictures off of the site, they are disgusting.  I cried for 2 hours after I saw them!  I want to set up a shoot and get some really awesome images to possibly switch with the ones they have.  If anyone wants to set something up, please let me know pronto!!!  (Make up too, the last shoot I did my own make up and now I know why I am a model and not a make up artist!)

Move on - welcome to professional modeling.

BTW: Personally, if I were a model, I'd not participate in a project that doesn't include a professional MUA/stylist. As a photographer I won't waste my time shooting without one.

John

Sep 25 05 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

You were paid for the shoot and you signed the release - There's not much you can do about it.  Learn from it.  Do more research before signing up for your next project.  The thing is, anyone with anything on the ball viewing the pictures (if shots are as horrible as you say) will understand that the poor results had nothing to do with you.

Sep 25 05 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

You got paid.  Forget it.

And go talk to Christian.  He is one of the best (IMHO).

Sep 25 05 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Mark-NewStart

Chicago, Illinois, US

Like others would be interested in seeing the end resualt of this shoot you're refering to, but then also having reviewed you MM gallery, I really wouldn't worry, as the caliber of work you have there, just means this bump in the road won't even be noticed.

Sep 30 05 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

MissMelrose wrote:

They must really suck.  I think someone could use a the worst camera in the world and still take awesome pictures of you.  You're HOT!

If you come out to LA, I'm all yours!

Sep 30 05 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

16point2mm

Orlando, Florida, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

Yep, look for a simple, "WTF".

Ooo, ooo, and even better, this is another of the famed, "I won't do nudes, I won't do implieds," with, you guessed it, nudes & implieds in the gallery.  And thagt's not even counting the skimpy Victoria's Secret shots and the wide array of WW bikinis!

Ahh, the amusement...

Sep 30 05 06:32 pm Link

Model

Jason F

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Simple Equation:

Your face + Your Time = CLient's money and Client's product

The solution = You got your money he got what he wanted, just try to look at the tog's work before shooting with them?

Sep 30 05 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

I'll shoot with you if you get out to L.A. smile

Sep 30 05 06:41 pm Link