Forums > Model Colloquy > Don't Book Shoots And Not Show Up

Makeup Artist

Deirdre

New Milford, Connecticut, US

Models who book shoots for TFCD then don't show up may find they won't get called when the shoot is for pay. I use the word pay loosely because sometimes a TFCD shoot may be more valuable to a new model in the way of experience gained then a paid (cash) shoot may be.

Sep 30 05 12:36 am Link

Photographer

David Scherer

There isn't a nice way to really say this.

Modeling is a job. It's serious business and you have to be professional. You are responsible for communicating in a professional manner and clearly so people can understand you. You need to understand sacrifices are needed to get the job done. Modeling is not an easy ride to fame or fortune. That idea is nothing but bullshit and if you truly believe in that story, you are in for a rude awakening. Models also need to be punctual and deliver what they promise. If you say you are going to do a shoot and arrive at 2:00 PM at the studio, be there or have the decency to call ahead if you will be late. If you showed up late for a regular 9-5 job all the time or some days simply didn't show up without calling your manager.......it's really simple.

Donald Trump: "You're Fired."

Sep 30 05 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

As someone who has been flaked on too many times, I've seen what happens to models afterwards. They faaaaade awaaaay........ The bulk of my flakes were wanna bees who don't sign onto sites anymore and have given it up. (Yippee!!!) Models who are truly serious know the importance of being professional from initial inquiry through to the completion of the session and follow-up.

Look at a model's work and check with photographers and stylists as references, as you might to check out a photographer.

Sep 30 05 02:46 am Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

I doubt it can be put any other way properly beyond : Modeling IS a job. To view it anyother way makes it easy to go " it's okay to skip that shoot.." and if you want to be taken seriously, you should treat it seriously. I was never late to any shoot till my trip to NYC was pepered with problems. I had a photog flake on me even..really changes your purspective on the person.

Sep 30 05 05:33 am Link

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

Deirdre wrote:
Models who book shoots for TFCD then don't show up may find they won't get called when the shoot is for pay. I use the word pay loosely because sometimes a TFCD shoot may be more valuable to a new model in the way of experience gained then a paid (cash) shoot may be.

I have my list and I don't forget either.

M

Sep 30 05 06:02 am Link

Model

kmarcell

Gouverneur, New York, US

Dont mind if i add to this forum here that i do have a shoot coming up with mark edwards here,and do say that i look forward to this and i know we will do a great job here, and i will deliver everything i have to him and cant wait for this looking forward to it and all and hope things will change for me in my life here i need the camera, lol lol i would not definatly flake out on anyone here, thats important to do everyshot you can do, even if it isnt paid, your still trying here,and your still getting what you want in the pictures and will they deliver them is the point,and when they do, be very glad for that,and somday things will pick up and will get paid somwhere here, i hope, i could use it, lol lol but in the long run here be grateful of what you get and accomplished here, and it takes time but im trying to push it for my self here wondering if anyone will ever noticed me, and im cute person to,and very sexy to,im not conceded but i know i have what it takes, and i do show myself to the mirror to, lol lol thought anyone would like that one, but thats my say here. well mark heres to us and the pictures, cant wait here ,see you october 9th, wont miss it for the world here. kelly.

Sep 30 05 06:25 am Link

Model

No name

Chicago, Illinois, US

I can't agree more with the people who said "it's a job". I mean it's common courtesy of nothing else. If you commit to something, you follow through, it's as simple as that! Maybe it just comes with maturity for me and the realization that time is precious and so is the respect for/of others.  I am always amazed how "small" the industry is and how "people talk".....it doesn't take long for one to get the rep of being unprofessional, or a "no show".  Your name and reputation is everything, it's all you have in this life, make it a good one no matter what road your traveling on.  If you commit to something, you follow through, come hell or high water, that's how I look at it.

Elle

Sep 30 05 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Julia Gerace

Monroe, Connecticut, US

I've had I think 2 models flake on me....one that was actually on the way and supposedly got lost - hmpf....      I think that sometimes, it's hard to nail down the shoot  but once we have it on the book it usually goes off pretty well -

Julia

Sep 30 05 07:23 am Link