Forums > Model Colloquy > Hair Matters.... What Shampoo is the best?

Model

LauraL

Buena Vista, Michigan, US

Like other people who have posted said, it really just matters on your hair type. Like for me, I heat style my hair alot with a curling iron or a straitening iron so I use hair products rich in protiens and amino acids. I am in love with Dumb Blonde by TigiBeadHead. It is kind of expensive, but I swear to God it's like the best stuff I have ever used!

Oct 11 05 01:09 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

aveda
matrix biolage
and chocolate bed head

Oct 11 05 01:57 am Link

Model

Mare15

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

For anything you can get off a supermarket/drugstore shelf, Garnier Fructis works for me.

Usually, damn the cost, I'm stocked up on shampoos by Lush. Rehab rocks my world. Cynthia Sylvia Stout runs a close second (and its made with BEER!). Lush products are super natural (not supernatural) and worth every penny.

I'm not keen on their conditioners though. Haven't found one that works for me.

But yeah, expensive. lush dot com

Oct 11 05 12:10 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Some advice I've heard:
- shampoo only 3 or 4 times a week
- change shampoo or use a clarifying shampoo once a week
- head and shoulders helps prevent hair loss (women and men lose hair, particularly as they age)

Frankly shampoo isn't on your hair that long and gets washed down the drain so it's your call but the type of hair you have and the climate you're in should be considerations in selecting a shampoo, case in point
- kinky curly hair has different needs from straight as a stick hair
- fine flat hair has different needs from so much volume i don't know what to do
- chemically treated hair - straightened, permed, dyed, highlighted, whatever - has different needs from virgin hair
- hot and humid climate like houston means a different shampoo and frequency of shampooing than say a dry winter in colorado

Oct 11 05 03:59 pm Link

Model

Brandy McDaniels

Los Angeles, California, US

I have found that Dove shampoo and condictioner works really well for my hair.. and its not too expiensive.. have you tried that?

Oct 11 05 06:11 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I tried Dove and it sucked, I think it's just for people with fine hair. I like Sheer Blonde and for the expensive stuff Biolage.

Oct 11 05 06:17 pm Link