Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > geico cavemen

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

someone should shoot these arrogant bastards and put them back into extinction status.

Oct 08 05 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

jeff s

Springfield, Massachusetts, US

I hate those commercials, they are so stupid...........

Oct 08 05 08:52 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

I'm beginning to despise them too ...
All the Geico commercials for that matter!
They were cute when they first started, but now have become annoying ... think they fired the guy who had all the cute ideas .... *sigh*

Oct 08 05 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Well you guys are talking bout the commercial, and you obviously know what the commercial was for, so their goal has been succeeded cuz you remebered.

Oct 09 05 05:11 am Link

Photographer

jeff s

Springfield, Massachusetts, US

Karl Blessing wrote:
Well you guys are talking bout the commercial, and you obviously know what the commercial was for, so their goal has been succeeded cuz you remebered.

Yep, they did succeed.

Isn't that scary.

But a great commercial is the one with the kid trying to get "Bob" to crash the cars....

Is it for Toyota??

I remember laughing when I saw that one.

Oct 09 05 07:20 am Link

Model

dustin or something

New York, New York, US

my favorite has always been the bud ice penguins and in a close 2nd the dog from taco bell.... 

cant get much better than those two!

do be do be do......  wink

Oct 09 05 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Any commercial will get old quick. Do you watch the same re-runs five, six times in an average night of TV viewing? Probably not, unless it's a commercial. Sure, it's only 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes (or 22, if you want to be technical), but it will grate on your nerves after a while.

That said, the first caveman spot was funny - "It's so simple, a caveman could do it!" Maybe I read too much into it, but I saw it as a commentary on the overdose of political correctness that has been overshadowing America for years now. Just when you thought it was safe to open your mouth, bam! There's a caveman right there to call you on that, too. lol

Oct 09 05 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

what's a geico?

(waiting to see who thinks I'm serious)

Oct 09 05 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

jeff s wrote:

Yep, they did succeed.

Isn't that scary.

But a great commercial is the one with the kid trying to get "Bob" to crash the cars....

Is it for Toyota??

I remember laughing when I saw that one.

The best part about that one (which I really enjoy as well) is that it took me several times watching it to realize that they never once show a car crashing.  They edit around it very well and make you imagine that you did actually see (and enjoy smile) the crashing.

Oct 09 05 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Sorry to disagree in your misery... big_smile

I love the cavemen commercials...

But, I have an excuse... I am a foreigner... I am allowed to like weird things... big_smile

Oct 09 05 04:15 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

I am getting annoyed too they play the commercials all the time and it is annoying. the duck was cute at first too then it gets annoying real fast with his voice.

Oct 09 05 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

photoguy42

Toledo, Ohio, US

The caveman commercials were annoying the first time I saw one.

The only good geico commercial was the very first one with the gecko...where he was at the press conference, asked people to stop calling him, and licked his eye.

The best commercials I've seen lately are the capitol one commercials with the barbarian horde. The one at christmas where they're rampaging through the mall was hysterical, and the ones lately where they talk about having to find new jobs are fantastic.

Other than that most of them bore or annoy me.

Oct 10 05 07:34 am Link

Model

dustin or something

New York, New York, US

photoguy42 wrote:
The caveman commercials were annoying the first time I saw one.

The only good geico commercial was the very first one with the gecko...where he was at the press conference, asked people to stop calling him, and licked his eye.

The best commercials I've seen lately are the capitol one commercials with the barbarian horde. The one at christmas where they're rampaging through the mall was hysterical, and the ones lately where they talk about having to find new jobs are fantastic.

Other than that most of them bore or annoy me.

the barbian hode is really funny!

Oct 10 05 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Imago

Portland, Maine, US

UdoR wrote:
But, I have an excuse... I am a foreigner... I am allowed to like weird things... big_smile

You're allowed to like it, but not allowed to admit it wink I've found that I could hide behind the 'oh, but I'm a foreigner, we do things way different over there' only a few times big_smile

Oct 10 05 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

OK... I admit it; I like dthe Quiznos commercial featuring the Spongemonkeys. And it was probabaly one of the most annoying commercials ever aired. But I had never gone into a Quiznos before I saw those commercials, and now I think Quiznos subs rock.

And the other commercial I liked (I can't remember what it was for) was a guy driving in his pickup with his dog, and the dog was driving. They were having a rather seruous conversation, when suddenly the dog saw a flock of geese and drove the pickup into the pond chasing them. That one was way cool... its why I would never let my dog drive my car. Too many distractions.

And for some reason, I like the "chicken" commercial when these people sitting in a car all say "chicken" in differant ways. The girl says it very weird (and better than the guys) and they all just stare at her. Its kind of a stupid comercial, and I can't remember what its for, but its sort of funny.

I also agree that the caveman commercial is a great satire on the politcal correctiveness our country is seemingly obsessed with. In that regard its brilliant, but it is getting a bit old very fast.

Yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

-Pat-

Oct 11 05 07:02 pm Link

Model

Kristina19

Tampa, Florida, US

The Geico commercials are gay, the Quiznos commercials with the talking baby are even more gay, and Rooms to Go commercials with the uptight overacting couple are gay.

I am starting to sound like Andy Milonakis, "the superbowl is gayyyyyyyyy"...

I love the "It must be football season" commercial of the women in the linen store inspecting towels...all is quiet and elevator music is playing, one woman bends down to pick up a towel, and another women snaps her ass with the one she's holding.  Hilarity ensues.

Oct 13 05 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
OK... I admit it; I like dthe Quiznos commercial featuring the Spongemonkeys. And it was probabaly one of the most annoying commercials ever aired. But I had never gone into a Quiznos before I saw those commercials, and now I think Quiznos subs rock.

-Pat-

"WE LOVE THE SUUUUBSSSS!" I loved those critters, looked like dead rats or something big_smile

Oct 13 05 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Actually, the guys in the Quiznos commercial are known as Spongemonkeys, and they are in fact tarsiers; small primates that live in southeast Asia. While I don't think they really wear pirate hats or play very bad guitar, they do in fact exist. You know, its really amazing what you can find on the internet if you don't mind wasting time...

http://www.mybiosphere.com/images/asia/tarsier.jpg

The Quznos add:
http://img.slate.msn.com/media/44/Quiznos_100k.asf

The Spongemonkeys (We Like the Moon):
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

They got a pepeeeeeeer bar!

Oct 13 05 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Marksora wrote:
Roast duck for lunch?

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
With a mango salsa and crispy gecko appetizers!!  lol

BlackRing37 wrote:
]
https://www.tubespot.com/pics/geico-cavemen.jpg

I don't have much of an appetite thank you

No way.  Bring on the roast duck

Apr 18 06 06:04 pm Link

Model

Eunice Pierre-Louis

Atlanta, Georgia, US

And for some reason, I like the "chicken" commercial when these people sitting in a car all say "chicken" in differant ways. The girl says it very weird (and better than the guys) and they all just stare at her. Its kind of a stupid comercial, and I can't remember what its for, but its sort of funny.

-Pat-

I think its for Mcdonalds.

Apr 18 06 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

One of the best commercials ever, for Stroh's beer:  Two American astronauts are on a planet inhabited by gorgeous women in skimpy outfits.  One says to the queen, "OK, so this planet is inhabited entirely by women, you have an unlimited supply of Stroh's beer, and we can never leave?"

"That's right," the queen replies.

The two Americans look at each other, then back at the queen, and one says, perfectly seriously, "We can live with that."

Apr 18 06 06:17 pm Link