This thread was locked on 2008-10-21 19:26:22
Forums > General Industry > In praise of MATURE MODELS

Model

CeeCee71

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Been a while and checking in! Hope everyones doing great!

Aug 23 08 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

DRL - imagography

Austin, Texas, US

sunnyskys wrote:
39 next month for me smile

An early Happy Birthday.
You have a fantastic portfolio.
Keep up the great work.

Doug

Aug 23 08 03:46 pm Link

Model

CamiAnn

Los Angeles, California, US

Bump...have to keep the thread going for Brooklyn Hill...LOL!

Aug 23 08 05:22 pm Link

Model

ThinkingBig

Nunn, Colorado, US

Toshima-bijin - DRL wrote:
Let's hear it for MATURE MODELS. 

Mature models have a sensuality that comes with age, wisdom, and confidence; and this sensuality comes through in their images. 

I find that mature models are willing to experiment with poses and locations in the name of developing artistic images.  That explains why mature models have portfolios with a variety of images that go beyond straight portraits.

Finally, it is my experience that mature models are punctual, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. 

So a tip of the lens cap to mature models.
I wish there were more of them.

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

Doug,

May I also say that I have come across some fresh models and I would consider myself a fresh and for sure not a mature model, but I know that many that I have run across as of fresh models that just recently came to the industry or field, have shown up early for shoots and are willing to do anything. I have only had 1-2 bad experiences with fresh/new models. So I would say, don't always go with a mature model over a new model. I bet that some us just starting out who are really in it for the long haul, will be just as passionate and driven and all that you say that goes with mature models!

Just my two cents!
Peace
Gabi

Aug 24 08 04:46 am Link

Photographer

STUDIO 236

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Natas Vandele wrote:
I love mentally mature models.

well we all do, but these day they are hard to find......

Aug 24 08 04:49 am Link

Photographer

DRL - Toshima-bijin

Austin, Texas, US

ssbbwgabi wrote:
Mature models have a sensuality that comes with age, wisdom, and confidence; and this sensuality comes through in their images. 
I find that mature models are willing to experiment with poses and locations in the name of developing artistic images.  That explains why mature models have portfolios with a variety of images that go beyond straight portraits.
Finally, it is my experience that mature models are punctual, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. 

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doug,

`
May I also say that I have come across some fresh models and I would consider myself a fresh and for sure not a mature model, but I know that many that I have run across as of fresh models that just recently came to the industry or field, have shown up early for shoots and are willing to do anything. I have only had 1-2 bad experiences with fresh/new models. So I would say, don't always go with a mature model over a new model. I bet that some us just starting out who are really in it for the long haul, will be just as passionate and driven and all that you say that goes with mature models!

Just my two cents!
Peace
Gabi

Gabi

Not sure we are on the same wavelength.  You seem to be equating mature with experienced (as opposed to "new/fresh.") That certainly was not my intent.  Modeling experience is not the key element of interest described in the original post.  The maturity described in the original post refers to the beauty and wisdom the one derives from life's experiences.  The "maturity" described in the original post refers to a certain hard-to-define sensuality as opposed to sexuality. 
Looking back over the 98 pages in this thread, I come to the conclusion that it takes a certain level of maturity on the part of photographers (and models) to recognize the sensual beauty of mature models.  (As evidence, see some of the 'negative" comments that less-than-mature photographers have posted in this thread.)

Doug

Aug 24 08 10:50 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ssbbwgabi wrote:
Doug,

`

Just my two cents!
Peace
Gabi

Gabi

Not sure we are on the same wavelength.  You seem to be equating mature with experienced (as opposed to "new/fresh.") That certainly was not my intent.  Modeling experience is not the key element of interest described in the original post.  The maturity described in the original post refers to the beauty and wisdom the one derives from life's experiences.  The "maturity" described in the original post refers to a certain hard-to-define sensuality as opposed to sexuality. 
Looking back over the 98 pages in this thread, I come to the conclusion that it takes a certain level of maturity on the part of photographers (and models) to recognize the sensual beauty of mature models. (As evidence, see some of the 'negative" comments that less-than-mature photographers have posted in this thread.)

Doug

Lets also not forget the comments from some of the less than MATURE models as well as some of the NEGATIVE comments of a few of those not so MATURE models.

Aug 24 08 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

DRL - imagography

Austin, Texas, US

Studio 925 wrote:
I completey forgot that she is mature aged, and a Mom of an older teen to boot!

https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080622/04/485e12557ffa8_m.jpg

Excellent shot - excellent model.

Aug 25 08 08:31 am Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Just checking to say...

YoO HoO!!! I'll be shooting with the fabulousity known as RA Friedman in two weekends!!! I'm so stoked to be collaborating with another photographic artist I just love!!! He's at -> https://www.modelmayhem.com/62630

Aug 25 08 05:10 pm Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Seems like this thread will need a part 2 as well...

YoO HoO!!! Toshima started part 2 right here
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=337033
in this thread!!!

Aug 28 08 08:27 am Link

Model

Debstar71

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Never say never..its never too late, maturity is very important in a model and in the photographer too... well done to all the models over 30!!!

I'm 37 and LOVIN IT!!!!

Kind Regards

Debbie

Sep 29 08 02:04 pm Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

A "Leaves of Grass" promo pic of moi in my port...

18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=8647398 18+
... From Darkness to Light ...

NOTE: In the actual performance another performer wore the lamp shade,
but she didn't want to be photographed for nude promo pics, so I did!

More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkijohnson/ but you must sign in.
Her site is at http://www.nikkijohnson.com/

Oct 02 08 10:01 am Link

Model

K_G

Detroit, Michigan, US

Oct 02 08 11:12 am Link

Model

Anne of Ohio

Columbus, Ohio, US

still hanging on..smile

Oct 09 08 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Michele Cheeseman

Redding, California, US

Oct 09 08 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Michele Cheeseman

Redding, California, US

double tongue

Oct 09 08 09:55 pm Link

Model

Zadie

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I haven't read this forum..I know, shame on me..but I'm old...C'est La Vie...to the old chicks!!!

Oct 09 08 09:57 pm Link

Model

BrandonV

San Diego, California, US

Ok...I will be turning 43 in February 09'.

Does this mean i fit this category of MATURE MODELS?

Oct 09 08 09:59 pm Link

Model

Lynn A

Almost 41...

Oct 09 08 10:05 pm Link

Model

Betty Jo

Riverview, Florida, US

not quite as mature as some of the others, but 32 and mother of 5 here checking in.

Oct 09 08 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Kristin IndustrialG wrote:

Oct 09 08 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Michele Cox wrote:
One in my port is me...... big_smile 42
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=2574024

Very nice.

Oct 09 08 10:48 pm Link

Model

Carmen the MILF

Sanford, North Carolina, US

Oct 10 08 06:57 am Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

I have a little to add...

BKNY-> 10/22: I'm Creatively Posing at MADArts Life Drawing Session!!!

Via images I'm on Fred Hatt's website:
body paint image
light  paint image #1
light  paint image #2
light  paint image #3

And soon Fred and I are going to do a round of blacklight body paint for a shoot. I'm so stoked for that!

Oct 10 08 09:12 am Link

Model

tabitha lynette

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I'm all in too - I'm 34!!

Oct 10 08 09:18 am Link

Photographer

TRUE LIFE PHOTO

Lakeland, Florida, US

SAGEQUEST HERE ;o)

Oct 10 08 09:25 am Link

Model

K_G

Detroit, Michigan, US

AndrewG wrote:
Congratulations.. and yes a beautiful Mature model you are.

Thank you so much! It's nice of you to say that. smile

Oct 10 08 09:26 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Kristin IndustrialG wrote:

Thank you so much! It's nice of you to say that. smile

dont thank me.. it happens to be the truth.. a real shame you are so far away..

Oct 10 08 11:21 am Link

Model

FATIMA SHADIK

Durham, North Carolina, US

What a sweet thread...I pride myself on still being able to get business in this industry...I'm comfortable in my skin, willing to sit, squat, bend, and be adventurous, whatever it takes for a great shot!! I love it when I show up on a set and no one believes I'm almost 40...what an honor!!

Oct 10 08 11:30 am Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

I have a new image up -> Bound and Released
18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=8779000 18+

Oct 11 08 09:31 pm Link

Model

CamiAnn

Los Angeles, California, US

Bump...hi everyone...what's new?

xoxo,
Cami

Oct 19 08 05:04 pm Link

Model

ShonaM

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Nice to see this one still going - if life begins @ 40 - guess that makes me 1! big_smile

Oct 20 08 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Scott Sullivan

West Branch, Michigan, US

Happy Monday Morning to Everyone.......

Oct 20 08 08:10 am Link

Photographer

DRL - imagography

Austin, Texas, US

Wow, glad to see this thread still going.

Oct 20 08 08:16 am Link

Model

Delila B

San Antonio, Texas, US

Stopping in to say Hi again.  39 this year!

Oct 20 08 08:25 am Link

Photographer

Mountain Image

Morgantown, West Virginia, US

ssbbwgabi wrote:

Doug,

Just my two cents!
Peace
Gabi

Gabi, the problem is logistics. You can not shoot a model that does not show and as a percentage younger models have a much worse rate of not coming to the shoot.

Oct 20 08 08:26 am Link

Model

Gail L

Sarasota, Florida, US

Morning, everyone.  Been a while since I've stopped in.  Just turned 51 a few weeks ago and not ready to quit just yet!  Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Oct 20 08 08:35 am Link

Model

1R1SHG1RL

Columbus, Georgia, US

morning everybody its a great day to be over 30 smile

Oct 20 08 08:42 am Link

Model

K_G

Detroit, Michigan, US

Gail L wrote:
Morning, everyone.  Been a while since I've stopped in.  Just turned 51 a few weeks ago and not ready to quit just yet!  Hope you all have a wonderful week.

This kicks ass. Good for you girl!!!! smile

Glad to see this thread is still alive!

Oct 20 08 10:16 am Link

Photographer

DRL - Toshima-bijin

Austin, Texas, US

Interesting to see Part II and the original still working.

Oct 21 08 08:05 am Link