Forums > Model Colloquy > Agency Tells Model to Get Implants

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

no legit agency would call you and yell at you if they are trying to sign you.

i try to follow some guidelines with make-up jobs, i assume they would work for models as well:

1. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
2. trust your gut. you can't put a price on instinct.

Oct 17 05 06:12 pm Link

Model

Queen Adreena

Saint Louis, Michigan, US

Some people are idiots.
Implants are disgusting.

And I don't think any agency, whether it's real, or has a little weirdo running it, should make a judgement like that without meeting you in person.
And you're not even an adult yet, so I find that really inappropriate...

Oct 17 05 06:22 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

MarkMarek wrote:
Now ain't that f**ked up? Though on the other hand, if I owned an agency i would turn down girls with implants cause they're gross.

100% AMEN!!
The silicone population has become too obnoxiously oversaturated ... yuck!

Oct 17 05 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Elle wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me what a bad rap implants get in these forums. To say they are down right "gross" is a very close-minded statement to make. Not everyone who decides on augmentation is seeking some ridiculous "over the top" monsterous looking chest or balloons, some just want to be proportionate. While I agree that getting implants to enhance a modeling career can lead to some serious disappointment, I will say that it has enchanced mine as no one in the world would care to photograph loose saggy delflated skin for breasts. I'm not just referring to topless pics or implied. Even in a low cut top you could see the lose skin in my cleavage. I decided to selflessly breastfeed my 2 children and it left me delated and suffering from severly aged breasts. My motivation was to look and feel youthful as I once did, breasts to match the rest of my "in shape" body~not to be a freakshow or enhance a career.

Please stop making these blanket statements that implants are "gross" or you wouldn't shoot a woman who had them~that's nothing more than a narrow minded opinion . Don't judge til you've walked a mile in someone else shoes. If you asked me 10 years ago if I'd ever do it, the answer would've been "no". At the same time I wasn't judging those who decided it was something they felt they should do. 

Respectfully~

Elle

I have shot models with and without, and I agree with Elle, blankets statements generally show lack of thought.  I've seen implants that you couldn't tell from a foot away and I've seen "beach balls" that you didn't even have to see with the costume off.  If I disregarded models with implants I would have missed out on meeting some very pleasant models to work with.  I think as long as the model get them for her own reasons and not because somebody told them to get implants , more power to them.  If you're an adult and you've examined all the possible issues and complications, then by all means, do what you think will be beneficial for you, either mentally or physically.
My only thought is that they should be in proportion to your frame and shape.

Oct 17 05 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Elle wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me what a bad rap implants get in these forums. To say they are down right "gross" is a very close-minded statement to make. Not everyone who decides on augmentation is seeking some ridiculous "over the top" monsterous looking chest or balloons, some just want to be proportionate. While I agree that getting implants to enhance a modeling career can lead to some serious disappointment, I will say that it has enchanced mine as no one in the world would care to photograph . I'm not just referring to topless pics or implied. Even in a low cut top you could see the lose skin in my cleavage. I decided to selflessly breastfeed my 2 children and it left me delated and suffering from severly aged breasts. My motivation was to look and feel youthful as I once did, breasts to match the rest of my "in shape" body~not to be a freakshow or enhance a career.

Please stop making these blanket statements that implants are "gross" or you wouldn't shoot a woman who had them~that's nothing more than a narrow minded opinion . Don't judge til you've walked a mile in someone else shoes. If you asked me 10 years ago if I'd ever do it, the answer would've been "no". At the same time I wasn't judging those who decided it was something they felt they should do. 

Respectfully~

Elle

https://www.markmarek.com/Images/fineart/fineart_30.jpg

these belong to a friend of mine who also used to think the same - loose saggy delflated skin for breasts. One simple picture can prove exact opposite be the truth. Whether be it saggy deflated skin boobs, huge motherf**kers, airport flat, funny shaped or whatever else - these are yours, your naturals, what mother nature gave you and for this sake they are truly unique. There is the fascination of it all. Yours = Unique compare to Fake = Gross. It's the imperfections that make each thing attractive. Perfect gets easily boring. The girl in the picture could have thought that with nice round firm boobs she would increase her attractiveness. Sure, if there were perfect boobs in the pic, everyone would go WOW, Damn, S**t, That Is Hot... and would move on. The saggy deflated skin ones will not make anyone do that, instead you will go, WOW, that's different, that's pride, courage and confidence right there. I stand behind my statement - implants are gross. Not so for the look of it, but for the psychological effect, though the look sure adds to the overall grossiness. It's the same reason why live rock bands don't use automatic drummers. Because those things will make each beat accurate - it's the imperfections that make live sound sound live. Here they go faster, here slower, now this one didn't sound right cause he hit it wrong, etc. But it lives, it's true, it's sincere. Fake are gross. Gross...

Mark

Oct 17 05 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

That place is a scam. I just looked at one of the links you posted and I saw a model that I know very well and she has never had anything to do with them..Those pictures are all stolen..

Mike

Oct 17 05 08:48 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

MarkMarek wrote:

these belong to a friend of mine who also used to think the same - loose saggy delflated skin for breasts. One simple picture can prove exact opposite be the truth. Whether be it saggy deflated skin boobs, huge motherf**kers, airport flat, funny shaped or whatever else - these are yours, your naturals, what mother nature gave you and for this sake they are truly unique. There is the fascination of it all. Yours = Unique compare to Fake = Gross. It's the imperfections that make each thing attractive. Perfect gets easily boring. The girl in the picture could have thought that with nice round firm boobs she would increase her attractiveness. Sure, if there were perfect boobs in the pic, everyone would go WOW, Damn, S**t, That Is Hot... and would move on. The saggy deflated skin ones will not make anyone do that, instead you will go, WOW, that's different, that's pride, courage and confidence right there. I stand behind my statement - implants are gross. Not so for the look of it, but for the psychological effect, though the look sure adds to the overall grossiness. It's the same reason why live rock bands don't use automatic drummers. Because those things will make each beat accurate - it's the imperfections that make live sound sound live. Here they go faster, here slower, now this one didn't sound right cause he hit it wrong, etc. But it lives, it's true, it's sincere. Fake are gross. Gross...

Mark

How the hell did you get a picture of my boobs and where the F are my stretch marks?

Oct 17 05 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
How the hell did you get a picture of my boobs and where the F are my stretch marks?

Wow, that old woman's powder I put in your drink sure worked. big_smile

Oct 17 05 08:59 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Wow, that old woman's powder I put in your drink sure worked. big_smile

What? A little louder, hon....

((chuckle))

Oct 17 05 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Logan Seh

Lansing, Michigan, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Mark

I wanna know how she wound up with 2 Navals???

Oct 17 05 09:07 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

She's an alien....

Oct 17 05 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Logan Seh wrote:
I wanna know how she wound up with 2 Navals???

LOL, see, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Imperfections !!! That is what you notice. Perfect is boring. Now combine boring perfect with implants and you have the ultimate gross.

Oct 17 05 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Elle wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me what a bad rap implants get in these forums. To say they are down right "gross" is a very close-minded statement to make. Not everyone who decides on augmentation is seeking some ridiculous "over the top" monsterous looking chest or balloons, some just want to be proportionate. While I agree that getting implants to enhance a modeling career can lead to some serious disappointment, I will say that it has enchanced mine as no one in the world would care to photograph loose saggy delflated skin for breasts. I'm not just referring to topless pics or implied. Even in a low cut top you could see the lose skin in my cleavage. I decided to selflessly breastfeed my 2 children and it left me delated and suffering from severly aged breasts. My motivation was to look and feel youthful as I once did, breasts to match the rest of my "in shape" body~not to be a freakshow or enhance a career.

Respectfully~

Elle

Unfortunately, people tend to generalize.  There are certainly instances when enhancement actually "enhances" a ladies figure... i definitely think that is the case with you (especially after two kids...rock on!)  You obviously did not take the absurd route of jumping five breast sizes that day (plus two!) like so many other models before you have; common sense is the key.
In finale...  It does'nt really matter as long as you are truly happy. me:  boobs or no boobs, I don't give a damn... I'm just thrilled if she actually shows up! 
T.

P.S.  To the young lady... Wish I had more eloquent advise but here i go:  You are 17 years old; these guys are scum.  Screw them. Stay away from them.
Good luck cause you're cute!

Oct 17 05 09:14 pm Link