Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Looks like OMP is not working, who else noticed 5-20-05

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

Looks like OMP is down for awhile....they must be trying to change a few things around?  Is it down for everyone...I can't get on to it.

May 20 05 09:13 am Link

Model

DIVIANA DEVOUR

San Juan, Puerto Rico, US

Ok yes I just posted that in another forum. I tried to login I couldnt even get on the site. Yes maybe they are revampying the site.

May 20 05 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Daniel Williams

Sunnyside, Washington, US

OMP's downtime has been talked about last night and this morning on the Pacific Northwest models and photographers forum. It looks like whereever you are, OMP is down.

I did read in one of their newsltters that they were changing servers. Looks like whatever they picked, it is not working too well right now.

May 20 05 09:18 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Daniel,

I heard the same thing (about the "server upgrade").

Anytime someone says "server upgrade" I wonder how soon, if ever, I will see them again.

Posted by Daniel Williams: 
OMP's downtime has been talked about last night and this morning on the Pacific Northwest models and photographers forum. It looks like whereever you are, OMP is down.

I did read in one of their newsltters that they were changing servers. Looks like whatever they picked, it is not working too well right now.

May 20 05 09:25 am Link

Model

Heather Sheree

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Its been down for me since about 6 PST last night....

May 20 05 09:26 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I don't mind that they're going to be down. What I do mind is that I didn't get a notification that they were planning some down time and for an estimated "how long". C'mon OMP...just a *little* heads up next time please? It's what we do in Corporate America.

May 20 05 09:39 am Link

Photographer

John Peterman

Troy, Missouri, US

No they are moving there current servers to a new location and adding a few more image servers.  This is going to be a large improvment for the overall speed of the OMP site.

JP

May 20 05 09:42 am Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Nice most of us pay for service - yet not even an announcement....

To big for ye britches...?

May 20 05 09:48 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

They did say something in the last spam letter I got from them about changing servers.  Didn't mention the long down time to do it though.  In the long run it most likely means fewer features and higher membership fees.

May 20 05 10:04 am Link

Photographer

BluesteelPhoto

Harrisburg, Arkansas, US

I don't mind them being down to upgrade services. That's part of the game. More traffic = more hardware needs.

I am a paying member there and would gladly pay here at MM too because I think it's an amazing site.. I'm sure MM will have to upgrade hardware sometime too and that will mean downtime as well.

Just trying to be fair to everybody (a change from my typical self).

May 20 05 10:09 am Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

Posted by V Powell: 
Looks like OMP is down for awhile....they must be trying to change a few things around?  Is it down for everyone...I can't get on to it.

Maybe the finally got into trouble for allowing minors to post very provacative pics on their site! They are nothing but money hungry over there.

May 20 05 10:16 am Link

Model

Asia

Danville, California, US

I just talked to photographer Charlie Couch, he knows the guy that runs OMP and they had a huge crash so that is why no notice was given.

May 20 05 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Anthony Citrano

Venice, California, US

have been continually unimpressed with OMP for a number of reasons.  i hope this is a step toward improving the quality of the service.

May 20 05 10:32 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

May 20 05 11:47 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Just when I said the following message, the OMP website went back online.   I must be a CURSE!!!!

"Look at the bright side....
      ... at least Model Mayhem can now claim that they're currently getting more hits than OMP!"

May 20 05 11:49 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

it goes down alot i've noticed.  they must be up to something big.

lol yeah right

May 20 05 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

DBatesPhoto

LACEYS SPRING, Alabama, US

No clue what they have been doing down there lately, but unfortunately it seems like they have had more downtime in recent weeks than it has been running. Seems at least 3-5 times a week I will try and log on only to see some sort of error message or like today absolutely nothing. Just checked again and it has changed:

Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

JRun closed connection.

May 27 05 06:27 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Member server was up, but not the public server.

May 27 05 10:38 am Link