Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Either Your In, or Your Out?

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Who's your early first pick on Project Runway?  Who's watching?

Dec 07 05 09:21 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

My prediction is Heidi and Diana Eng are Out and Santino nailed the opening challenge.  Dan is probably safe even though the bust didn't fit.  Heidi's work didn't have any character and Diana's wouldn't stay together. 

I like that Santino's dress is dyed to match Nina's top.  Can't go wrong with turqoise.

Dec 07 05 09:44 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Maybe just for that show I should get better cable.

Dec 07 05 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I care not. "Reality" shows are not my thing. I get enough reality in reality, and really - it's over-rated.

-P-

Dec 07 05 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Abrams Photo

New York, New York, US

i think santino is going to be top 3

Dec 07 05 11:09 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

Havent watched this season yet but I loved Jay form last season.
Sometimes I think, maybe I should just hang out  by Parsons and when a designers model doesnt show and they go outside looking for one ( like last season) lol I will be there big_smile

Dec 07 05 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I desparately want Diana--and I want her to win.

But Heidi and John were easy picks to get booted.  As was Kirsten. 

If I had good odds, my money would be on Santino, but this year hasn't come out with an Austin Scarlett or Jay personality yet. sad

Dec 08 05 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

MHana wrote:

Seriously, swing by.  We'll watch Lost and Project Runway and drink heavily.  Good stuff...

Dec 08 05 01:58 am Link

Photographer

Simon Gerzina

Brooklyn, New York, US

MHana wrote:

I've been Tivoing what's aired so far...if you're nice I'll put them on DVD for you.

But everyone else shush about it, I haven't watched them yet!  Give me until tomorrow and I'll be all caught up.

Dec 08 05 07:17 am Link

Photographer

Andrew Fortson

Los Angeles, California, US

santino has definitely been the best so far.  but i think one episode in is a little early to decide who's going to win.

Dec 08 05 10:47 am Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

what was up with Andres? lol

Dec 09 05 12:33 am Link

Photographer

Simon Gerzina

Brooklyn, New York, US

You mean completely losing his shit onstage while Michael Kors and Heidi are looking around like "there's gotta be a PA with a taser gun somewhere on this production..."?  My wife and I had to cover our eyes, it was so uncomfortable to watch.  I think he's gone inside of three more episodes.

Dec 09 05 08:58 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Either your in or your out?

My in or my out? Hm. I don't understand.

Is this a thread about belly buttons?

Dec 09 05 10:26 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Shoot the gold dress creator and her cellultie butt model  UGH!!

Dec 09 05 06:52 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

My picks are Santino, Nick Varros, & Kara. 

I am surprised though by the strong representation from F.I.D.M. which is considered to be the 3rd best F.D. school under Parsons & F.I.T.

Dec 09 05 10:54 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Cynthia Leigh wrote:
My picks are Santino, Nick Varros, & Kara. 

I am surprised though by the strong representation from F.I.D.M. which is considered to be the 3rd best F.D. school under Parsons & F.I.T.

It doesn't surprise me since our graduation ceremonies were always trumped by the fashion students and their gowns.  Tradition at FIDM dictates that the ceremonial graduation gown is a blank canvas for the student to do whatever their hearts desired.  I distinctly remember some of the gowns not even being a resemblance of what they once were (class of 2001 woot woot!)

Dec 09 05 11:06 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

Brandon Smith wrote:

It doesn't surprise me since our graduation ceremonies were always trumped by the fashion students and their gowns.  Tradition at FIDM dictates that the ceremonial graduation gown is a blank canvas for the student to do whatever their hearts desired.  I distinctly remember some of the gowns not even being a resemblance of what they once were (class of 2001 woot woot!)

Can't kill us for doing what we do best. ^_^

I actually considered going to FIDM right after I got out of high school because they have a great costume design program, but didn't because I wasn't ready to go to school out of state.

Before deciding on FIT I found out that FIDM actually makes you take 2 yrs of fashion design anyways before they'll let you start their costume design program, so I decided to go with FIT since it's a better fashion design school from what I've been told.

Dec 10 05 07:20 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Challenge No. 2 is about to start.  John and Heidi were gone before the show started and Kirsten was gone with episode one.  Based on what I have seen so far, my predictions are as follows:  Early Outs:  Andrae, Diana and Daniel F.  Mid Outs:  Kara, Guadalupe and Raymundo.  Late Outs:  Chloe, Daniel V. and Zulema. The Wild Cards are Emmett and Kara, though I think Emmett will go early-mid.

If you have seen Season One and have a basic grasp of the show your guess is as good as mine, but for now I am sticking to my instincts. 

The Final three will be:  Nick Verreos, Santino Rice and Chloe

Dec 14 05 05:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

I miss Austin Scarlett.  He was so much fun.
I agree about there not being a great stand out personality in this round.  I didn't watch this week.  I guess I should put it in the TiVo.
I would have to watch again to see who I would pick.

Dec 15 05 08:22 am Link

Model

The Crimson Kitty

Hackensack, New Jersey, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Seriously, swing by.  We'll watch Lost and Project Runway and drink heavily.  Good stuff...

I'm ALL about LOST! LOL

Problem is that Master Tivo tapes Law and Order the same time as Project Runway.....but I'll see if I can start taping the recaps! big_smile

Dec 15 05 08:25 am Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:
I miss Austin Scarlett.  He was so much fun.
I agree about there not being a great stand out personality in this round.  I didn't watch this week.  I guess I should put it in the TiVo.
I would have to watch again to see who I would pick.

I love Austin.   If I do full on fashion design I want to have his head about things.

Dec 15 05 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Simon Gerzina

Brooklyn, New York, US

I think Runway also reruns late at night the same week as the new episodes air.  You ought to still be able to catch it.

I saw Austin on the subway a few months ago, dressed in head-to-toe black leather with a little ascot around his neck...somehow that made me really happy at the time.  smile

Dec 16 05 06:45 am Link

Model

Joelle

Seattle, Washington, US

If you go to http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/ and click on schedule you can check out when the episodes are running...I actually started watching this show because of this thread (ran over this thread yesterday and decided to watch the little mini-marathon that came on yesterday) - and now I am addicted!

I want to be a designer when I finish up here at CWU so it's fun to watch this show and see the challenges and what people come up with.  So far I like David F and Santino.  I think they have some really good ideas and have been able to exexute them very well.

Dec 16 05 07:16 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Speaking of Austin, someone mentioned last year on an internet site that they went to High School with him and that Austin was a lot older than the 23 he told the producers.  I think Austin looks older than I am (I just turned 28 yesterday) and I also think that it is not likely that Wendy was 39, though age is a funny thing to guess at times.

Dec 17 05 08:05 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

Dave the design student wrote:
Speaking of Austin, someone mentioned last year on an internet site that they went to High School with him and that Austin was a lot older than the 23 he told the producers.  I think Austin looks older than I am (I just turned 28 yesterday) and I also think that it is not likely that Wendy was 39, though age is a funny thing to guess at times.

It's possible someone's trying to steal his 15 mins, he lied, or that the Producers told them that they were going to change their ages if they were on the show.  (Hey, if someone told me I had to pretend to be 2-4 yrs older or younger to get the opportunity of my lifetime, then so be it.)

Dec 17 05 09:10 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Carra said that the place to hang out would be outside of Parsons during filming, while that's an idea, a good place to hang is at the Gen Art events in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Dec 17 05 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Star

I think Santino is too much of an asshole to last till the final 3

Dec 17 05 10:36 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

The interview is also a part of the process, so yes, saying the wrong thing can mean that you are out.  Don't think that Nina Garcia or Michael Kors won't remember a bad attitude, becuase each week to us is a day or two to the Project Runway crowd.  Yes, though he is talented, his ego might put him out of the show early.

Dec 17 05 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Also I think Nick isn't very memorable.

I actually had a friend who made it through all the interviews in LA and know that they re-taped the invitation to the semi-finals of the show after the people were selected. The whole thing needs to go on personality. The judges will remember people, not designs. For me the real hero of the show is the techno girl, she seems so neat.

I will have better predictions after next week, but I also HATE the african-american girl, her whole I get all the hangers and shelf space cause I want them seems disrespectful of the other people living there.

Star

Dec 18 05 01:52 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Star wrote:
For me the real hero of the show is the techno girl, she seems so neat.

Diana effing rules.  She's so my favorite.

Dec 18 05 01:10 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

agreed, i like Diana also.
Santino is an a-hole, but i'd buy his designs.
Zulema s*cks, and I miss Austin!!!

Brian Diaz wrote:

Diana effing rules.  She's so my favorite.

Dec 18 05 06:57 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Well, less than one more day until the next episode of Project Runway.  I'd like to guess that Santino and Emett run into some problems and get eliminated in the lingerie challenge, but you really can't tell with the way that they edit the teaser what will happen.  The blow up will more than likely be a sublime moment that comes and goes in an instant. 

Oh yeah, incidentaly it was also my birthday this week which means that I am now 28 and my ten year reunion is around the corner.  I expect this to be a very good year and time will tell.

Dec 20 05 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Damnit, I'm not in a position to watch this week, so I can't even afford to scroll down.  I'm so upset, I'm shaking.  Grrr...

Dec 21 05 02:44 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Well, two hours until this weeks Project Runway starts.  My only prediction is that Santino Rice is still In, though Emett or Marla could be on the chopping block.  Marla is a 51 year old woman, so she should definitely have an understanding of lingerie, however construction is a different matter entirely. 

Despite the teaser trailer, I'm not so sure that Emett is dead in the water on the challenge yet.  If he does get cut he will likely fall back on the whole, hey I'm a menswear designer primarily and life goes on, I doubt we'll see any tears there.

My big prediction is that Zulema will have a major break down and explosion when she is finally cut.  I wouldn't doubt her getting near boderline violent and saying that the design competition was shady and the judges played favorites, though because Parsons reputation is on the line as a hundred year old educational institution as well as the Elle editor in chief and Michael Kors, it is probably the fairest reality television show on air when it comes to passing judgement.

Time will tell...

Dec 21 05 07:14 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

I couldn't breathe for ten minutes...Santino is in.  I was sure he was gone, he was sure he was gone, I bet you were sure he was gone...  At least I can breathe again now that its all over.

Dec 21 05 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Star

ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY!!!!!

What were the judges thinking? WHAT?

I don't care who wins now, cause the whole thing is tained with them keeping santihole and loosing the talented one. What was with that challenge anyway? Lets have 4 strongest designers go head to head so we can get rid of one of them but keep the crappy mens tailor and 50 year old woman who can't make a pattern!!!!

ANGRY!!!!!

Dec 22 05 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

MUST--RESIST--TEMPTATION--TO--SCROLL--DOWN

(None of my loser friends were nice enough to tape it for me.  And I don't have Star's Tivo.)

Dec 22 05 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

You know, I've liked Santino and his creations so far, but the lingerie was just gaudy. Yek, blech, and eww.

Dec 23 05 12:47 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

The designs Santino did were gaudy, however Daniels designs did lack originality.  Those runway models were twenty year old women with perfect figure, form and bodies, although wearing Daniels designs they looked literaly like fifty year old women's bodies if you focused on the torso and ignored their faces which I did during the final presentation. 

In all honesty, they looked like they should have been holding a Budweiser and a Menthol cigarette (Yes, I was summoning the spirit of Michael Kors since he wasn't on the design committee this week.)

I understand why they made the decision and no doubt it took a very long time.  The Project Runway tradition is that if you volunteer yourself out of the competition, you are the first to go, if you remember watching season one of the show.  Also, Daniel played it way to safe with:  no colors and all black, classic silhouettes with poorly altered lines, the same materials in all three garments.

I personally thought that Daniel had won the competition until I saw what the designs looked like side-by-side during final presentation.  Moving down the runway with dolly shots, cranes and quick cuts you don't have the same perspective as in being in the room.

At least Santino was original, even if he did look a little bit cowardly in comparison to Daniel.  Also, Daniel has been given a second chance and always seems to barely make it out of the design room in time which means that he is always the last person to walk into the room where the runway presentations are held.

Dec 25 05 01:38 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
MUST--RESIST--TEMPTATION--TO--SCROLL--DOWN

(None of my loser friends were nice enough to tape it for me.  And I don't have Star's Tivo.)

Yeah, If I had one of those $75 DVRs from Radio Shack I would record the show and mail you and a friend of mine from Toronto a copy of the show once every three weeks.  But there is no way I am going to be mailing VHS tapes around country.  The last time I checked DVRs were $350, but they came down in price this year.  I'd like to record it and post it in video format on the internet, but there is no way I'm going to have a joint task force kicking down my door for pirating and broadcasting Project Runway on the internet.  Everyone has their limits of what they'll do for fashion...

Dec 25 05 01:46 pm Link