Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Either Your In, or Your Out?

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Ahhhhhh!  I loved Chloe's collection minus the puffy sleeves.  I'm glad she won. 

Parts of Daniels were great, but it was a little off. 

And I thought Santino's was the best stuff we've seen out of him.  I'm sure we'll be seeing him more.

And I agree, what did Debra Messing have to do with fasion???

Mar 08 06 09:59 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

41?

Mar 08 06 10:01 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Chloe wins.

What???

The least put together collection wins season two and the best collection is the first out.

I'm feeling like Mugatu at the end of Zoolander!!!!

I must be taking crazy pills...!

Mar 08 06 10:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jaha Beauty Services

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I agree.  Santino out FIRST!?  Whats up with that.  . .   He didn't even get to fit the models before the show.  But oh well, best of luck to Chloe!

Mar 08 06 10:05 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Chloe Sevigny, Bijou Philips or even the return of Nicky Hilton, someone in the thirty-something design scene as Parker was.

Almost every woman on network television has a press campaign to secure designs from either coast because it's sensible business practice and inexpensive lifestyle advertising with an exposure to seven million viewers.

Throw at dart at New York's Paper Magazine and select someone from the social scene, even Blondie (Debby Harry) would have bee a nice edit.

I was hoping Project Runway would remain a behind the scenes look at the world of design competitions such as Gen Art, but it seems to be coming into focus in terms of mainstream entertainment television after season one, more entertainment, sensationalism and politics, less draping, cutting and constructing.

Patricia Field, Todd Oldham, Mena Suvari, Jaime King, Waris, Paz de la Huerta, even throw in an Olsen twin, but Debra Messing...

Mar 08 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Chloe?? Uggh, I'msorry, but I couldn't get past her stupid looking sleaves. Her lines WERE great, and her dresses, minus the marshmallows on the arms, looked fabulous, but c'mon!

I was rooting for Santino ALL the way, and I think he really got gypted. All season they're like "It's too much, it's too big, tone it down!" and he gives them sophistication with a little bit of flair (perfection, IMHO), and then he's out?? Make up your damn minds, people!

I think Daniel's line was ok. Very versatile, and maybe he'll be back next season.

Anti-climatic, but at least the sleaves come off of Chloe's stuff...lol.

Mar 09 06 12:03 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:
Chloe?? Uggh, I'msorry, but I couldn't get past her stupid looking sleaves. Her lines WERE great, and her dresses, minus the marshmallows on the arms, looked fabulous, but c'mon!

I'm guessing the sleeves on the first design to step onto the runway...???

I was in shock for an hour and my last word of the night is....

"The Lagerfeld Candidate"

Maybe that explains the ending of Project Runway Season Two, even though I love Chloe, something was amiss with the outcome of the show.

Mar 09 06 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Ashley Elizabeth wrote:
Ahhhhhh!  I loved Chloe's collection minus the puffy sleeves.  I'm glad she won.

ME TOO!!!  (As in, see what I've been saying since page 2 of this thread... wink)

I didn't like Santino's because it was above average, but it lacked anything that made it Santino.  He sold himself out and paid for it.  In 12 pieces, he could afford at least one dress that looked like a baboon's ass exploded.

Daniel's was great, but I think he tried too hard to push the literal story that didn't shine through in his collection.  Not that "story" is an easy concept to grasp...but we'll be seeing more of him, and if nothing else Michael Kors wants him to work for him.  There are worse fates than that.

All in all, Chloe rocked it, and excepting those hideous sleeves, hers were the best designs.

Mar 09 06 12:09 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

I loved a little of something from everyone.  Santino's wasn't my favorite but dame, the boy has talent.  Daniel's collection was sophisticated more so than all three but it wasn't as cohesive as Chole's collection.  His collection had looks that will stamp the words, "so last season" as soon as the next season runs.  For the average customer, we want staples in our wardrobe, not seasonable clothing that we will have to replace to avoid looking dated. 

Daniel will land a licencing deal, far more easier than Jay from last year.  Overall he is an amazing designer.  However, Chole is more marketable and the looks are everlasting overall.  I can see wearing her gowns from season to season and vintage Chole gowns for my daughters.  She had red carpet material and that is what the producers want overall.  They want people on the red carpet to wear their winning designer's gowns.  It comes back to the show producers in the long run as far as getting advertisers and sponsors for the future shows.

The show producers made a good choice overall.  They picked someone who is a great designer, has a beautiful collection and by far the furture advertisers will love to sponsor Chole and furture shows.

Mar 09 06 12:12 am Link

Model

Nico Coer

Utica, Pennsylvania, US

the puffs on CHloe's ruined her collection for me. I couldn't really see past those monstrosities. And I'm personally not fond of the color palate.

Daniel's. . . Nice, fairly corporate, but needed some finishing done.

Santinos' . . .

. . .

. . . is the only one I would buy for my personal wardrobe. I hated santino for his lack of observation of the female body most of the season, but these were perfect. I love the color palate, the style, the way that his inspiration was realised. . . Love it love it love it.

~N~

Mar 10 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I love Tim Gunn.

https://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway_2/images/scrapbook/ep102/pic_1.jpg

Mar 12 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

FabioTovar

Culver City, California, US

Dave the design student wrote:
Who's your early first pick on Project Runway?  Who's watching?

I vote for this guy!
https://www.nndb.com/people/440/000031347/hung-sized.jpg

Mar 12 06 08:22 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

FabioTovar wrote:

I vote for this guy!
https://www.nndb.com/people/440/000031347/hung-sized.jpg

YOU ARE WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!
smile)

Mar 15 06 01:31 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Brian, you found my favorite photo series from Project Runway, the finalists and Andre at Red Lobster with Tim, I first noticed the set at blogdorfgoodman.blogspot.com, but the pictures have been archived over the weekend, so thank you again, since this shot wasn't among the photographs.

Andre...!

Mar 18 06 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Emmett now works at Red Lobster.  Or somewhere a littel farther downtown.

http://villagevoice.com/nyclife/0613,za … 27,15.html

Mar 22 06 09:21 pm Link