Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > will LA be in flames at 12:02???

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Long Beach, California, US

BCG wrote:
i wish these celeb baboons who use their "star status" would focus on getting kids off the damn street and from getting involved in these gangs to begin with.

Actually they do...  I used to work gang prevention in long beach when I was a teen...  Snoop Dogg was extremely active in gang prevention in his city...  Basically when he made it big - alot of the gang violence ceased...  HE poured alot of his own money and time into this issue...  He was a very vocal proponent of the gang truce between the crips and bloods (oddly enough Tookie was also a driving force in this - but too little - too late)...  He's saved more lives and has done more for the community(and still continues) than you or I ever will...
peace
Cip

Dec 13 05 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

BLoPhoto wrote:

Bey I mentioned something similar in a private email to another photographer. I appreciate the honesty of some of the people on this site. It shows where we are as a nation, how people struggle to get past their belief systems and how it is convienient to blame others. I am not condoning the action of any gang members, to include those that bring drugs into the country, traffic weapons or launder money by the boat load. But so many people are incapable of moving beyond selective reasoning-and it is a waste of time to entertain they will experience any revelation.

And the real truth be told, very few of us gives a rats ass that he's dead. In fact, those of us with common sense are GLAD he's dead. Crack (supplied by the US Government) and these dumb ass blood/crips gangs have set us back as a people psychologically almost to the level of when we were forced into enslavement. Look what came from that garbage...

Crappy gangsta music and people who grew up on it thinking it was cool, and raise their kids to think that. why do you think white America was in an uproar when Eminem became one of the hottest rappers out there? Because he reached their children more-so than a Tupac or a Biggie ever could, and I don't blame them one bit for not wanting that shit in their homes. Hell, I don't even want it in MY home or neighborhood.

Dec 13 05 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

The Art of CIP wrote:

Actually they do...  I used to work gang prevention in long beach when I was a teen...  Snoop Dogg was extremely active in gang prevention in his city...  Basically when he made it big - alot of the gang violence ceased...  HE poured alot of his own money and time into this issue...  He was a very vocal proponent of the gang truce between the crips and bloods (oddly enough Tookie was also a driving force in this - but too little - too late)...  He's saved more lives and has done more for the community(and still continues) than you or I ever will...
peace
Cip

Seeing how they created the mess, I expect them to clean it up.

Dec 13 05 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

i would like to quote a TOOL song.
"F*ck LA"

Dec 13 05 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Nicholson Photography wrote:
"F*ck LA"

Also a quote from a Goldfinger song. smile

Dec 13 05 04:03 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Nicholson Photography wrote:
"F*ck LA"

Actually they are quoting Bill Hicks. That whole album was dedicated to him. Let me enlighten everyone:

"L.A or as i call it 'hell-a'. The sooner it falls into the ocean due to a major earthquake and is flushed away like the turd city it is into the pacific bowl the better this world will be. It will leave us the cool serinity called 'Arizona Bay' " - Bill Hicks

Dec 13 05 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

whats wrong with louisiana Now ?
    Oh you meant L.A. which is the correct abbreviation for Los Angeles, LA is the abbreviation for The State of Louisiana

Dec 15 05 07:26 pm Link