Forums > Model Colloquy > Has anyone ever heard of this?

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Or can someone explain to me please what they are or are not offering here? It's very confusing.

http://www.superfashions.tv/

Dec 26 05 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Wil with one L

Malibu, California, US

From their "about us" page:

ABOUT US

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORLDWIDE INTERNET SHOPPING HEADQUARTERS is an e-tailer, as well as a retailer of fine clothing, fashion apparel and accessories for men, women, teens, children, toddlers and babies.

Having been in business for many years, we have a reputation for selling exceptional quality clothing.

WORLDWIDE INTERNET SHOPPING HEADQUARTERS takes pride in making your online shopping experience extremely exciting and rewarding. Our professional staff is known for being extremely knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. Your business is appreciated and we show it by giving you the best service possible.

Thank you for visiting our site. Please drop by again soon. We update our site often, so visit regularly to see our new collections.

Dec 26 05 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Wil with one L

Malibu, California, US

Oh, in terms of model-related services (from their contact page):

-------------
"If you desire to APPLY TO MODEL (All Ages, All Sizes, No Experience Required, All Work In Model's Hometown Area.) Please send ANY PHOTO (can be snapshot) to: [email protected]

Once you receive a Modeling Contract and you have questions, please contact Ron at: XXXXXXXXXXXX"
----------------

Looks super-shady. I would shy away from any "opportunities" you might find here...

Dec 26 05 01:28 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Thanks for your input Wil.
I'm gonna have my Mom read it all over too but anything that is this confusing, can't be all that great.
In the contract they sent me, it looks like it says that I take my photo in the outfit of my choice...that they provide for me and pay for..then they put my photo on their site for advertising the clothing company of who's clothes I am wearing and I get paid paid based on how many people click on my image...like a paid website.
Of course, I (my parents) have to pay a "security deposit" of about 289.00 to get started. Then, they say they'll give me a $1,000.00 shopping spree through their site with their partners and I get paid a percentage...5% I believe..of each sale.

It's SO complicated but that is what I got from it anyway.
I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried it.
Obviously some people have because they are on their site...or so they say.

Dec 26 05 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Jessica L wrote:
I (my parents) have to pay a "security deposit" of about 289.00 to get started.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run - don't walk - in the other direction from this one. It's an OLD scam.

Studio36

Dec 26 05 07:09 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yep. Worldwide is back!!

Surprised they didn't offer to make you a vitamin distributor. lol

They also claim home-shopping and Old Navy & JC Penhy catalogs modeling.

modelrep and Ron and WorldWide. Haha. Same ole' song, same ole' tune.

Dec 26 05 07:24 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

LOL Thanks!
That's what I thought.

My mom said.."300.00???You gotta be freakin kidding me!"LOL

Dec 26 05 07:26 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Oh Brother......
NOW....they're claiming to be booking models for UjENA???

I deal with UjENA swimwear. Regularly....

These guys are advancing rediculously.

Folks at UjENA will be thrilled to hear about this.

Dec 26 05 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

So they changed their name. They used to be called the W.I.S.H. shopping network. Same scam as before.

Awww, this brings back some memories. The wish network is a scam that goes back to the beginning of the internet. I'm surprised their still around. I mean hell they were ripping people off before other famous scamers like E-models/ Options Talent/ TCT/ Whilimina Scouting Network/ ????? was even a gleam in some con mans eye.

Most message boards have banned them years ago.

There is a photographer in the bay area that has been watching wish and had numerous run-ins with that Ron guy for years. I'm sure he could tell you more than you want to know. his site is http://www.ucphoto.net/wish/ here is his e-mail [email protected].

Wish also claims to be a christian company. Strange as I've never read in the Bible "Tho shall shrill gullible models out of theirst money and cause much heartache with false claims". Hummmm, must of been one of those commandments way in the back.

I love the part where he says if he puts your photo on the internet you now have a tear........ an internet tear...........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dec 27 05 07:07 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Angelus wrote:
Oh Brother......NOW....they're claiming to be booking models for UjENA???

yeah like ujena actually paid for talent (hired a model or photographer)....that is a funny thought.

Dec 27 05 07:24 am Link