Model

Porcelynne

MICHIGAN, North Dakota, US

I need to loose weight BADLY. In pursuit to be satisfied with myself.

Please give me any and all advice I appreciate it soo much!!!

Jun 01 05 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

Pretty simple concept, really.

If you eat more calories than you burn, the excess is stored as fat.  If you burn more than you eat, you convert the fat to energy.   Certain foods have worse fat content than others (with trans fats being about the worst). 

For your age and height, there is a reccommended amount of calories you should consume per day.  Eat no more than that and exercise.  It won't come off quick, but it will come off.  I could go on forever, but instead I will suggest either watching the movie "Super Size Me" or reading the book written by the director of that movie, Morgan Spurlock, called "Don't Eat This Book".   Since I started avoiding a lot of the foods I used to eat (fast food, junk food, soda (pop), fried foods, etc, and adopting a more healthy eating regimen (more water, fruits, and veggies, smaller portions, etc.) I've lost weight and, more importantly, I *feel* better and have more energy. 

Now if I can only get to the gym...  smile

In one month (I started on May 1), I have lost around 5 pounds. 

For me, it's really just a willpower thing, and the book and movie finally gave me that willpower.

- Joe

Jun 01 05 02:00 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

I think you look great!

Jun 01 05 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

*smacks forehead, rolls eyes*

Oh for pete's sake.

Come to pittsburgh and let's shoot.  Now.

Jun 01 05 08:10 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

From what I can see in your photos, you do not need to lose weight "badly." IMO, you don't need to lose weight at all. (Again, from what I can see.) What you really need, more than a diet, is a photographer who knows how to expose an image properly. ("Not that models with your skin tone aren't tricky," he said quickly and speaking from bitter experience.)

Now, if you *want* to lose some weight, Joe's advice is dead on. That's how you do it: more calories out than in. I wonder if perhaps more than "losing weight" you want to tone up a bit - many people confuse having poor muscle tone with having excess fat. (I'm not judging - I have more than I need of both.) The only way to do that is to exercise. Period. Which has the happy bonus of also burning excess calories! So it's a two-fer.

The only reason I could see that you would *need* to lose a lot of weight is if you wanted to shoot mainstream fashion, and I don't think you have the look for that anyway, so there's no need to worry about it.

M

Jun 01 05 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Posted by StMarc: 
From what I can see in your photos, you do not need to lose weight "badly." IMO, you don't need to lose weight at all. (Again, from what I can see.) What you really need, more than a diet, is a photographer who knows how to expose an image properly. ("Not that models with your skin tone aren't tricky," he said quickly and speaking from bitter experience.)

Now, if you *want* to lose some weight, Joe's advice is dead on. That's how you do it: more calories out than in. I wonder if perhaps more than "losing weight" you want to tone up a bit - many people confuse having poor muscle tone with having excess fat. (I'm not judging - I have more than I need of both.) The only way to do that is to exercise. Period. Which has the happy bonus of also burning excess calories! So it's a two-fer.

The only reason I could see that you would *need* to lose a lot of weight is if you wanted to shoot mainstream fashion, and I don't think you have the look for that anyway, so there's no need to worry about it.

M

Thank you for saying what I really wanted to say, but was just too exasperated to put into words. 

Jun 01 05 12:08 pm Link

Model

Desiree

Schenectady, New York, US

I want to loose weight too and def. tone up my muscles !

Jun 01 05 04:03 pm Link

Model

Jenni

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Desiree: 

omg shut up, youre like 110lbs. you do NOT need to loose weight. Tone up maybe but dont lose weight. you loose much more weight youll be in the hospital

Jun 01 05 06:14 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Posted by Jenni: 

Posted by Desiree: 

omg shut up, youre like 110lbs. you do NOT need to loose weight. Tone up maybe but dont lose weight. you loose much more weight youll be in the hospital

LOL...OMG I was thinking the same thing.

Jun 05 05 10:18 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

You know because of the media and others suggesting that perfectly healthy women (like the first poster of this thread) lose weight. No wonder there are so many young women who hate their bodies and develop eating disorders. It's really sad. sad

Jun 05 05 06:41 pm Link

Model

Hel Inferna

I probably weigh 40 more lbs then you, you're fine

Jun 06 05 01:50 pm Link