Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I gotta bitch about something

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Ok I work at a call center for a home decor catalog. I must say I am so frustrated with the stupidity and lack of common sense from the people that make their orders.  Here are some frequent things that I have to put up with:
1. Will you still honor an expired coupon?

2.  When I explain that I can't credit someone back something becuase I can only take orders (only customer service can do that), they think I refuse to help them

3.  Can you still order this item for me even though its discontinued

And many more... But now lunch! I'm sorry but I had to share

Jan 04 06 11:13 pm Link

Model

Alli B

Syracuse, New York, US

join the club...i work in a call center for a major wireless carrier and i love the morons that bitch about their damn bills when its their fault 95 percent of the time and expect me to do something about it! HA !

Jan 04 06 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

too funny.  Actually great to hear things from the perspective of the other side.

Jan 04 06 11:16 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Oh, I could go on about some of the idiotic things I've heard on the sales floor when I had the nerve to work as a sales associate in a department store.

One thing, was when 12-year-old girls came in with their mom's credit cards wanting to use them. Like they didn't know we actually check the names on the card!

I've had quite a few ask if we had layaway because they didn't have enough money for the $10 shirt they really wanted.

We had sales signs that say "Take 25% off the MARKED price", and some that say "Price Marked is 25%". Most people around here either can't read, or are too ignorant to understand the difference between the two.

We've had many other annoying things happen at the store. It's funny how some people just weren't given anything in the brains department.

Jan 04 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Ahh call center work... I see cubicles... *gags*... I used to work for this company called Stream  (most of us called it .. St. Ream.. as we always got screwed by them)... But anyways we had to do tech support over the phone from MA.... to clients in NY... and these people alot (not all) were as braindead as rocks when it came to using computers...

One lady... "I just spent 4 hours working on a power point presentation.. my computer crashed.. get it back!"

me... "did you save the document at any point?"

her... "No, just restore it"

me... "i'm unable to do so.. if you didn't save it.. we can't restore from a temp file as there's no temp file for that document.. you'll have to start over again on it. "

her... "you people can't do anything right you need to restore this file.. send floor support"

me... "ok i'll send up floor support... " 

i sent the work order to floor support.. they told her the exact same thing i did.. and she understood them better apparently by some odd reason.....

Jan 04 06 11:42 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Wait did this company Stream have an office here in Memphis TN?

Jan 04 06 11:47 pm Link

Model

Sarah Schaf

Wyandotte, Michigan, US

Rebecca Alsbury wrote:
Oh, I could go on about some of the idiotic things I've heard on the sales floor when I had the nerve to work as a sales associate in a department store.

One thing, was when 12-year-old girls came in with their mom's credit cards wanting to use them. Like they didn't know we actually check the names on the card!

I used to work retail and I know what you're saying here, but as long as there is a note with the EXACT signature (and handwriting is obviously the same), I would always okay it and I was a asst. manager.

Not to mention, I am one of those people! Yeah, I'm 22, but my parents don't like me working and my mom hates shopping with me. So she gives me her credit card to get whatever I want. The funniest part of it that I love is when I'll go to Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Tiffany & Co., and I'm allowed to buy stuff from there with no question (by the way, our last names are the same unlike many other people), but then I took my brother to get a jacket that costs $29.99 at some ghetto-ass store and the woman was EXTREMELY rude and refused. Okay, I understand, it's not MY card, fine. But, don't be a bitch, and yes, after she was rude, I DID tell her she was a bitch. So instead, we went right over to Saks and bought a jacket there. This DOES NOT make sense to me. Wouldn't the more expensive stores be on the lookout for fraud, NO they are not.

When I used to work at Coach, we were told NOT to check I.D.'s because it looks bad!? It's an exclusive store and the people purchasing from there do not deserve to be going through all that when they are trying to shop-gimme a break! Only check signatures. That's what they say, but I can counterfit my mom's signature DAMN GOOD!

I may sound like a hypocrite, but really I'm just trying to state what pisses me off. *sigh*

Jan 05 06 12:15 am Link

Model

nish 24

Dallas, Texas, US

I work at a video game company and the managers stopped buying vegitarian friendly food for the 6 total vegitarians ( including myself ) when we have to work 80 hour work weeks to get a deadline through.... pisses me off.

Jan 05 06 05:04 am Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

nish 24 wrote:
I work at a video game company and the managers stopped buying vegitarian friendly food for the 6 total vegitarians ( including myself ) when we have to work 80 hour work weeks to get a deadline through.... pisses me off.

That's just mean.

Jan 05 06 05:12 am Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Hehe - Computer Service is the same... Especially military... especially when it comes to high ranked officers...

e.g.

"Hey - my monitor doesn't work"
"Uhm - what does it do?"
"Nothing - it's a black screen"
"Uhm - is it turned on?"
"Of course it is turned on. You think I'm stupid or what?"
"Uhm - can you turn it of please?"
"Hey - that worked"

And I was not kidding. That happened to me!

Jan 05 06 05:13 am Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Sarah Schaf wrote:

I used to work retail and I know what you're saying here, but as long as there is a note with the EXACT signature (and handwriting is obviously the same), I would always okay it and I was a asst. manager.

Not to mention, I am one of those people! Yeah, I'm 22, but my parents don't like me working and my mom hates shopping with me. So she gives me her credit card to get whatever I want. The funniest part of it that I love is when I'll go to Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Tiffany & Co., and I'm allowed to buy stuff from there with no question (by the way, our last names are the same unlike many other people), but then I took my brother to get a jacket that costs $29.99 at some ghetto-ass store and the woman was EXTREMELY rude and refused. Okay, I understand, it's not MY card, fine. But, don't be a bitch, and yes, after she was rude, I DID tell her she was a bitch. So instead, we went right over to Saks and bought a jacket there. This DOES NOT make sense to me. Wouldn't the more expensive stores be on the lookout for fraud, NO they are not.

When I used to work at Coach, we were told NOT to check I.D.'s because it looks bad!? It's an exclusive store and the people purchasing from there do not deserve to be going through all that when they are trying to shop-gimme a break! Only check signatures. That's what they say, but I can counterfit my mom's signature DAMN GOOD!

I may sound like a hypocrite, but really I'm just trying to state what pisses me off. *sigh*

yeah, I got to where I gave up on checking some cards. But, also remember, I am in the middle of nowhere Alabama, and apparently, the crime rate is fairly high here with credit fraud and shoplifters. But yeah, I got tired of messing with the whole thing.

Jan 05 06 09:23 am Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Hartsoe wrote:
Hehe - Computer Service is the same... Especially military... especially when it comes to high ranked officers...

e.g.

"Hey - my monitor doesn't work"
"Uhm - what does it do?"
"Nothing - it's a black screen"
"Uhm - is it turned on?"
"Of course it is turned on. You think I'm stupid or what?"
"Uhm - can you turn it of please?"
"Hey - that worked"

And I was not kidding. That happened to me!

Oh my goodness...don't even get me started on the officers! We have an abundance here where I am, seeing as how I live near an army post that is dedicated to aviation (helicopters). Therefore, almost half if not more of the soldiers on post are officers. I swear that sometimes, I seem to have more knowledge of simple things than they do. Are they really that stupid? Or, are they just letting on like that so people don't ask them any questions.

I once heard this saying: "Ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer."
Also, I heard this one, though: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

So, whichever one of those sayings you think rings true, it probably is...

Jan 05 06 09:27 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

http://www.livejournal.com/users/customers_suck/

Hilarious in that "I'm laughing so I won't shoot myself" sort of way.

And I can report that when I worked for ComputerLand when I was in college, I, me, myself personally, not a friend or co-worker, took no less than three support calls in three months in which the (l)user's problem was that they could not continue a program's execution because it was asking them to do something they couldn't do... (wait for it...)

"It says, 'Hit any key to continue.' My computer doesn't have an ANY key."

To which I gave them the response my boss told me I would need when I started taking support calls. (I didn't believe him.)

"Oh, that's just another name for the spacebar."

M

Jan 05 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Rebecca Alsbury wrote:
I once heard this saying: "Ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer."
Also, I heard this one, though: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

I prefer to phrase it as, "Ask a stupid PERSON, you'll get a stupid answer." It is a much more common occurance.

M

Jan 05 06 09:36 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

StMarc wrote:

I prefer to phrase it as, "Ask a stupid PERSON, you'll get a stupid answer." It is a much more common occurance.

M

^^ agreed.

Jan 05 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

i work in a maintenance department at a college campus. people call when they need something repaired. the average phone call goes something like this:

caller: i... um... uh... i uh need to... uh, i need someone to come over to my [room/apartment] and fix... uh..... uh... my, uh... [sink/toilet/llama/etc] fixed.

okay. can i get your name, phone extention and room information?

caller: i live in 307.

...what building?

caller: A building.

...what complex?

caller: A building.

and this repeats ad nauseum until i can finally convince them that i need to know which SET of apartments they live in (we own three, and they all have A buildings), and eventually coax all the other information i need out of them, such as WHAT the sink is doing that makes them know it's broken. *rolls eyes*

Jan 05 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

how about

i give the smart ass answers to make them feel stupid

-------------

"excuse me sir do you know were the restrooms are?"

me - " yes " (then i walk away)

--------------------------

"excuse me sir can i use the restroom back there?" ---pointing to the wharehouse (no restroom in there)

me - " yes but i dont think they will like that " / " but you can use the restroom around the corner "

--------------------------

" hey can you answer me a question ? "

me - "one or two because thats one right there ?"

-------------------------

i heard this one from a friend who works for 911 dispatch

dispatch -  " 911 "

caller -      " im trying to get a hold of  9 . 11 but theres no 11 button on my phone "

dispatch -  " this is 9 eleven "

caller -      "no its not what do think i am stupid ? ! ! "

( i love that one )

Jan 05 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Wait, wait....

I'm in the grocery store the other day and one of the stockers was putting back some juice. He asked his coworker "where does this go?" She looked at him and said "right there." He was standing right in front of a BIG AZZ DISPLAY of the juice he was holding.... And he was serious, too.

Jan 05 06 12:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

i have worked in retail for ever and i personally think that every human here should have to work in the customer sevice industry durring christmas season for just one year
I have some crazy stories my most reasent one is ...
we had a $15 off coupon card for custoimers who spent over $75 dollars before christmas , this coupon can be used now and its well a very basic promo you present the coupon and you get 15 bucks off you total purchase, but if you return the item you only get back what you acctually paid, the item came to 20 bucks and with the coupon you only had to pay 5 dollars. Simple right ohhh noo I have had tree in the last week who demanded thier coupon back, but once used it is non refundable and this coupon will expire in two weeks anyway.
I had a woman who first confused the heck out of two employees and then freeked out and demaned to speak with management. Our boss tried to explian it to her but she wouldnt have it , so we endend up reselling the item that she wanted to return and she paid full price for it  and then returned it again, so she is not out anything and didnt gain her 15 dollar coupon back but this seamed to please her. What ever crazy ppl

Jan 05 06 12:26 pm Link

Model

Lady Bronze

Los Angeles, California, US

egyptmachine wrote:
1. Will you still honor an expired coupon?

Speechless.

Jan 05 06 01:24 pm Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Rebecca Alsbury wrote:

I've had quite a few ask if we had layaway because they didn't have enough money for the $10 shirt they really wanted.

We had sales signs that say "Take 25% off the MARKED price", and some that say "Price Marked is 25%". Most people around here either can't read, or are too ignorant to understand the difference between the two.

We've had many other annoying things happen at the store. It's funny how some people just weren't given anything in the brains department.

Brains is what these people lack.   Like when there's a special discount promotion going on, they need to give me the coupon code to give then the discount. These idiots can't even find the damn code, when its right there next the the discount ad.  Like people don't you know how to freakin read!!!!

Jan 05 06 09:07 pm Link