Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > a funny thing that happend today

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Alright I was coming out of church with my fiance, we went down the street to a bakery. After we got there I found out they didn't sell what I needed so as we were leaving, a man came up to us and asked us if we we ar the church. We said yeah and then he basically told us how we shouldn't be hugging or talking during mass, and they he didn't believe we got the message because of that!  Now we weren't even talking a lot because I fell asleep during half of the mass. Anyway after he finishes his speech about that he leaves. He wasn't even a customer at the bakery, he followed us from church to tell us that!  I was actually kinda pised, but what's your thoughts?

Jan 08 06 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

As someone who grew up in a christian family all faiths take their sermons/mass`s very seriously. They figure you are there for the mass, not to socialize during the sermon. You can do that on your own time.

Jan 08 06 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

i suspect he was possessed shortly after leaving the church, by a demon that should mind his own business.

Jan 08 06 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

dont worry about it

" let yee cast the first stone"

Jan 08 06 11:47 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

The Don Mon wrote:
dont worry about it

" let yee cast the first stone"

An interesting aside, I heard from a scholar recently that the "cast the first stone" story was not in the original Greek texts, but added several centuries later where the first appearance of the verses appear in the margins of a monks copy.

Things that make you say..mmmmm

Jan 08 06 11:52 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
As someone who grew up in a christian family all faiths take their sermons/mass`s very seriously. They figure you are there for the mass, not to socialize during the sermon. You can do that on your own time.

I'm not remotely religious, but I have to agree with GM.
Imagine a guest coming to your wedding and talking during your nuptials, interrupting something that you hold sacred.
How would you feel?

Jan 08 06 11:57 pm Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Yeah I get that but we weren't even talking throught out the mass, we  must of said like 2 sentences.   He was also "distracted" by our being close to each other. I was just upset he couldn't tell us after church finished, but had to follow us.

Jan 09 06 12:06 am Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

What the hell is church?

Jan 09 06 12:15 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Nerlande wrote:
What the hell is church?

Apparently a place we go to get shut eye and to catch up on current events. Sounds fun.

Jan 09 06 12:17 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

I say so often on these boards.   

Many people communicate differently.   What may be strange to you,  might have been normal to him.   

The same could be said about religion,  his way might not be your way.

Jan 09 06 12:18 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Envy wrote:

Apparently a place we go to get shut eye and to catch up on current events. Sounds fun.

Insert funny comment that I will edit as not to upset anyone.

*0 :-)

Jan 09 06 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

egyptmachine wrote:
He was also "distracted" by our being close to each other. I was just upset he couldn't tell us after church finished, but had to follow us.

If you were bein all huggy and such, yea, in those circles you might as well have been talking the whole time. They expect you to have your mind on the sermon/mass, not on bein lovy dovy. as for him following you, maybe after mass he had to go do something or maybe he couldnt catch up to you. Part of their thing is to spread the word in any way they can, which to many includes going overboard in many peoples opinion, such as following you.

Jan 09 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

Nerlande wrote:
What the hell is church?

somewhere they keep throwing me out of, hence i gave up wedding photography.

Jan 09 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

egyptmachine wrote:
Alright I was coming out of church with my fiance, we went down the street to a bakery. After we got there I found out they didn't sell what I needed so as we were leaving, a man came up to us and asked us if we we ar the church. We said yeah and then he basically told us how we shouldn't be hugging or talking during mass, and they he didn't believe we got the message because of that!  Now we weren't even talking a lot because I fell asleep during half of the mass. Anyway after he finishes his speech about that he leaves. He wasn't even a customer at the bakery, he followed us from church to tell us that!  I was actually kinda pised, but what's your thoughts?

If he was being polite you should not be pissed. Always try to take things like that in the best possible light. Take it that he wanted you to get the teaching of the mass. Take it that it concerned him enough to follow you to a "suitable" place to talk to you.

Of course a case could be made that he did not get the message because you distracted him. Maybe you mumble in your sleep.

Jan 09 06 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Long Beach, California, US

egyptmachine wrote:

Hey, look on the bright side, at least your cell phone didn't ring smile My wife cantors at our church and each week reminds folks to turn off pagers and cell phones. AT LEAST one cell phone goes off during mass each week.

BTW, a girl that sleeps through mass, a girl after my own heart :;

Jan 09 06 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:

somewhere they keep throwing me out of, hence i gave up wedding photography.

If you didn't show up nekkid that would not happen.

Jan 09 06 01:20 am Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

Merlyn_Magic Photo wrote:

BTW, a girl that sleeps through mass, a girl after my own heart :;

Huh?

Jan 09 06 02:02 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

egyptmachine wrote:

Hmmmmm... so he followed you all the way from the church to the bakery... didnt buy a single thing while there... then had the audacity to bitch at you and your fiance?  One of two things is WRONG about this guy who followed you two from the church?

1.  He's a jealous loser who probably doesn't have anyone to talk to, and even fewer people to hug.

2.  Being a model, you should be aware of one fact.  Models get more than their fair share of STALKERS.  The presense of a boyfriend usually does little to deter them.  Is there any chance that this 'weirdo' may know you from some other plain of existance (like Model Mayhem), other than church?  Keep an eye out for this individual in the future.  If he intercepts you again, or interupts your life, you might want to consider a restraining order... wink

Jan 09 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

egyptmachine wrote:

I really don't believe in religion if fact it should be non-existent, but I must respect other people belief. Falling asleep during service is so disrespectful why go? Please understand to some people church is the road to salvation and he may have found your action hypocritical and disrespectful. Look at it from his stand point.

Jan 09 06 03:32 am Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Select Models wrote:
1.  He's a jealous loser who probably doesn't have anyone to talk to, and even fewer people to hug.

2.  Being a model, you should be aware of one fact.  Models get more than their fair share of STALKERS.  The presense of a boyfriend usually does little to deter them.  Is there any chance that this 'weirdo' may know you from some other plain of existance (like Model Mayhem), other than church?  Keep an eye out for this individual in the future.  If he intercepts you again, or interupts your life, you might want to consider a restraining order... wink

makes no sense at all !

Jan 09 06 03:38 am Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

KARLOS MATTHEWS wrote:
I really don't believe in religion if fact it should be non-existent, but I must respect other people belief. Falling asleep during service is so disrespectful why go? Please understand to some people church is the road to salvation and he may have found your action hypocritical and disrespectful. Look at it from his stand point.

Yeah which is why I honestly don't like goinging unless I feel like it, I work graveyard shifts and I'm always tired. My fiance usually is the one to bug me to get to church, I know its wrong to fall asleep.  But thats not what bothered the old man, I don't even think he knew I was asleep

Jan 09 06 04:40 am Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

KARLOS MATTHEWS wrote:

makes no sense at all !

HE was just a man that went to the same church as I did sunday. This has nothing to do with me being a model, hardly anybody knows that I am.  off subject

Jan 09 06 04:41 am Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Nerlande wrote:
What the hell is church?

hahaha... My luck it would burn down just from me walking through the doors.

Jan 09 06 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Also I'm no where's near religious.. I respect everyone's unless it's forced on me.. Then there's trouble... wink

But yeah that is kinda annoying to have someone coming up to you and mentioning you shouldn't be doing this, that or whatever... It's a free country..  if you were excessively loud I could see someone saying something but just them watching from afar about  what you're doing.. that's retarded.

Sleeping during mass... I'm sure it's just as boring as meetings I attend at work and I'm fighting to keep awake or outcold for a period of time.

Jan 09 06 06:28 am Link