Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I need your opinions

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

Okay people, I need some advice.  I found out today that some "anonymous person" is trying to get me kicked out of the graduate program I am in.  they said that I cheated on a final exam, which is not true.  Also, a couple month ago some "anomymous person" tried to get me fired from my job there (my school and work are interconnected) due to my modelling, because I have bondage pics on my profile.  Apparently someone who knew about it was showing it at work during work time and was accusing me of doing it.

Now, do you all think this is a mere coincidence?  I have an idea of who it may be, but there is no way to know for sure.  What should I do??  My boss has already assured me I am too valuable an asset to the lab to lose me for any reason, so I am not concerned about losing my job.  And I know I didn't cheat, so I shouldn't be worried.  I'm worried because someone is trying awfully hard to get me in trouble and I really don't know who or why.  And advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, I think the person in question has something against me due to the type of modelling I am pursuing.  Has anyone else here had similar issues?

Jan 09 06 05:24 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Some people in this world are just plain jealous and miserable.  Sorry to hear about your encounter.  Just remember that if you are doing something a little different, there are always going to be a few small-minded clones out there that will seek you out as a target.  It's kind of a temporary fix for their misery if they can infect others who are not bound by the same boring self-imposed restrictions they choose to live by.  Sometimes, you might run across someone who is just pure evil and does random acts of sabotage for nothing more than sick pleasure.

I wrote a couple articles a while back that might be an interesting read for your situation:

The first is about dealing with the aftermath of a personal attack
http://justchange.net/articles/life/arc … 10179.html

The other is about seeking revenge
http://justchange.net/articles/life/arc … 10179.html

Jan 09 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Ironheart Images

Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, US

Anytime one does something outside what the mainstream, even in the enlightened world of academia, they risk being a target. Currently bondage and BDSM are the latest establishment targets. Its still chic in most circles to bash Goths, BDSM'ers, and other areas on the fringe.

Have I experieced it, you bet. More than a photographer, I'm a journalist. Some of my recent work has been looking at the various alternative lifestyles in a sympathetic light. Here in the bible belt one just doesnt do that. Keep true to yourself, the path wont always be easy, but it will always let you be free in mind and spirit.

Jan 09 06 06:20 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

Thank you Jay and Ironheart.  I know that following any path other than mainstream will lead to issues and others not being comfortable.  I just never expected that someone would be this vindictive as to try and get me fired and kicked out of my graduate program.  I work very, very hard at everything I do.  This is just heart-breaking to me. 

I'm going to hope it is a non issue and just a threat.  Either way, most people I work with know I'm prone to anxiety attacks, so this situation definitely is not helping and I'm sure the person in question knows it.

I have no intentions of changing who I am for someone else.  I just wish people would play fair, but I know that is not how life is.  I hope the person in question has Karma step in and intervene with some sort of justice.

Jan 09 06 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

'Monk

Denver, Colorado, US

Inferi wrote:
Okay people, I need some advice.  I found out today that some "anonymous person" is trying to get me kicked out of the graduate program I am in.  they said that I cheated on a final exam, which is not true.  Also, a couple month ago some "anomymous person" tried to get me fired from my job there (my school and work are interconnected) due to my modelling, because I have bondage pics on my profile.  Apparently someone who knew about it was showing it at work during work time and was accusing me of doing it.

Now, do you all think this is a mere coincidence?  I have an idea of who it may be, but there is no way to know for sure.  What should I do??  My boss has already assured me I am too valuable an asset to the lab to lose me for any reason, so I am not concerned about losing my job.  And I know I didn't cheat, so I shouldn't be worried.  I'm worried because someone is trying awfully hard to get me in trouble and I really don't know who or why.  And advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, I think the person in question has something against me due to the type of modelling I am pursuing.  Has anyone else here had similar issues?

I'd say it's time to be blunt as a brick and just confront the person you think it to be and have a chat with them about it. And if it is them, be blunt as a brick and let them know how fucked up they are for doing such a thing. In other words, chew their ass heh heh wink

Jan 09 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Simple...find out who...and hunt them down and shoot them...your defense???...survival of the fittest...then sue the spineless university that would allow such nonsense.

Jan 09 06 06:53 pm Link