Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Anyone else like to cook?

Photographer

James S

Spokane Valley, Washington, US

Yes, cooking is one of my other creative outlets.

Jan 15 06 10:07 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Inferi wrote:
Ghiradelli. . . .no, no, no.  Try scharffenberger and you'll be addicted for life!  Or Dagoba. . .they have some very good organic chocolate. smile

Nah, I'm happy with my Ghiradeli [that Dark Chocolate]...as well as Godiva. Yeah I'll try others and have tried them.

But, Ghiradeli has me all over. Ask my fiance.
She calls me her 'Chocolate Monster' from eating it so much. tongue

Jan 15 06 10:17 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

Angelus wrote:

Nah, I'm happy with my Ghiradeli [that Dark Chocolate]...as well as Godiva. Yeah I'll try others and have tried them.

But, Ghiradeli has me all over. Ask my fiance.
She calls me her 'Chocolate Monster' from eating it so much. tongue

chocolate. . .the darker the better!  Scharffenberger even makes a 99% cacao bar (for baking, of course), but talk about dark and bitter! 

Hey, as long as you know what you like, that is cool.  smile  For me, trying the more pure chocolates had me hooked!  Not just for taste, but they are so much easier to cook with!

Jan 15 06 10:21 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Inferi wrote:
chocolate. . .the darker the better!  Scharffenberger even makes a 99% cacao bar (for baking, of course), but talk about dark and bitter! 

but they are so much easier to cook with!

Well, 40 to 50% chocolate is the best I can do. I enjoy eating it. But, yeah, cooking with it? I'd have to go with something closer to 99%. But, I cook with white chocolate for my deserts and exotic dishes.

Jan 15 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

BTW...The roast was tender and juicy, the soup was just so savory and scrumptious. The cream cheese mashed potatoes were smooth creamy and yummy and dont even get me started on the asparagus! LOL

Jan 15 06 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i love to cook so much, i put my kitchen in my portfolio...i am Iron Chef BCG

Jan 15 06 11:05 pm Link

Model

safiraangel

Killeen, Texas, US

i love to cook. My family laughs because i'll come home from a 12 hour work shift and be puttering around in the kitchen cooking.

Jan 15 06 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

safiraangel wrote:
i love to cook. My family laughs because i'll come home from a 12 hour work shift and be puttering around in the kitchen cooking.

thats because you are soooooooooo hot, you can fry chicken without grease!!!

Jan 15 06 11:11 pm Link

Model

safiraangel

Killeen, Texas, US

*blush* nahhhh

Jan 15 06 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

safiraangel wrote:
*blush* nahhhh

sweety...you are SMOKING hot!!!

Jan 15 06 11:17 pm Link

Model

safiraangel

Killeen, Texas, US

Why thank you.

Uh oh we're hijacking the thread. Quick someone talk about cooking smile

Jan 15 06 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I can only cook by directions on the box. But, I can remove, rebuild and replace the engine in my car if I had to. Plus to computer diagnostics on the big three car maker vehicles up to vehicles built before 2001. Fun hobby just like this photography thingy.

Jan 15 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
I can only cook by directions on the box. But, I can remove, rebuild and replace the engine in my car if I had to. Plus to computer diagnostics on the big three car maker vehicles up to vehicles built before 2001. Fun hobby just like this photography thingy.

I changed the injectors on my grand am before!!...ALL by myself!!! I used to help my dad work on his hot rods as a little girl!!!

Jan 15 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Dee wrote:
I changed the injectors on my grand am before!!...ALL by myself!!! I used to help my dad work on his hot rods as a little girl!!!

Did you appy a little bit of white (lithium) grease to the o-rings before installing them?

Jan 15 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Did you appy a little bit of white (lithium grease) to the o-rings before installing them?

Was a few years ago but I used something and it was messy because it was so hard to pop the injector back in back in with it on my fingers...then I lost every fricking clip as they bounced off EVERy time i touched them..LOLOL But I did it with bloodied knuckles and about a weeks worth of stress taken out on it...LOL

And get this!! I FIXED IT!!! And I drove it for about another year and then sold it!!!

Jan 15 06 11:39 pm Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

I was a chef for 6 years smile

Jan 16 06 08:14 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

I make a spicy carrot, sweet potato and leek soup that will make you feel like you just drank a cup of pure sunshine.

Jan 17 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Beeson

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I was a chef for 9 years and have the belly to prove it lol

One of my all time faves is braised oso bucco with a sherry reduction hunter sauce with garlic and rosemary  new potatoes and saute veg

Jan 17 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

Winton

New York, New York, US

I love cooking! A kitchen can easily be an artists studio. I don't cook as often as I like though, lol. It's no fun cooking for just yourself anyway....

Jan 17 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

(Quietly writing down the names of all the self-proclaimed cooking enthusiasts. Deliberating how to get a free meal as a "taste tester". teehee)

Seriously, I hated to cook growing up, but now that I'm a newlywed, I have found a love for cooking. I just get really shy and want to be in the kitchen by myself. A good meal appreciated by my husband feels better than conquering the world. I love food so much. It is so delicious. I'm surprised my metabolism hasn't slowed down yet. I'll keep my gluttonous ways til it does.

Jan 17 06 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Infinite Eye

New York, New York, US

I love cooking as well.  Actually, I'm so hungry right now I'm likely to start snacking on my keyboard.

mmmm, f8...

Jan 17 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

photo564

Arlington, Indiana, US

I enjoy cooking almost as much as I enjoy eating. Yesterday I made Saurkraut with Ham Hocks, Leberkase, and Spaetzle. Today was Italian Sausages cooked with Onions, Red and Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Garlic, and Wine, and a side of Cheese Tortellini. Iam willing to cook for models on a TFF basis (trade for food).
And I prefere models who look well fed.
https://www.pbase.com/tk6968/image/24892164.jpg

Jan 17 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Miguel Book 1

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I do love to cooke, specially create new dishes and have good company.

Jan 17 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

Retta

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I love to cook. I can pretty much cook anything except for imperial crab. I have an 8 year old princess who is a little butter ball. I make a devil's food cake from scratch that will make you want to freeze hell over.

Jan 17 06 09:03 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Oh Yes, I love to cook and eat! How I stay 125 lbs, I dont know~! I have been cooking since I was 14 years old, and have gotten really good over the yrs. All my Ex's say they miss my Food the most, lol. Theres something special and relaxing about sleeping late on a Sunday and then shopping at Trader Joes and spending all day in the Kitchen cooking! I cook as organic as possible, and I believe it makes a big difference.

I dont cook much anymore though, being single means I end up eating the same stuff for like 5 days and thats no fun.  I recently realized I am a single woman with 7 frying pans. Theres something crazy about that! But living in Vegas, we now have some really great restaurants and I love going out to eat.

I am really good with innovative pasta recipes, super healthy vegetarian meals, homemade enchiladas, & other mexican food. One of my favorite things to do while traveling is trying new Restaurants, new cuisines, wines, and buying regional cookbooks.  Probably one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at was the Fish House in Stanley Park, Vancouver BC Canada. I have their cookbook and I'd highly recommend it!

And I agree...that Ghirardelli Chococate website is dangerous. I love the recipes on there!

Jan 17 06 09:13 pm Link

Model

sexy beech

BRONX, New York, US

i can cook but i dont like to cook. but i gotta eat.

Jan 18 06 12:55 am Link

Photographer

Dan Haga

Parkville, Maryland, US

I love to cook.  If there are any Maryland area people you would love my Maryland crab soup or my crab stuffed rockfish.

As much as I like to cook my favorite is still a pre-made stuffed shells.  smile

Jan 18 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

we should get together for a cook off!!!

Jan 18 06 11:02 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Now I have made great alcohol browies.

Some people have said that all the good stuff gets burned off.
But I disagree strongly.   Vehimently actually.

I have four witnesses or test subjects that got toasted on brownies.

No water used.  all alcohol.  Maybe not the most efficient use of alcohol but it was damn tasty and we were damn toasted.

Jan 19 06 12:18 am Link