Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > moving to new york

Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

If anyone knows of a website where I can find roomates or if anyone knows of a room for rent in NYC (preferably Manhattan), please let me know.  I'm planning on moving there in May.  Thanks smile

Jan 17 06 01:30 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Annalyn wrote:
If anyone knows of a website where I can find roomates or if anyone knows of a room for rent in NYC (preferably Manhattan), please let me know.  I'm planning on moving there in May.  Thanks smile

www.roomates.com

craigslist too

Jan 17 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

*EEP*

You're moving away before I even get to figure out a concept to shoot with you!!!

Damnit...why do all the good looking women have to move to New York!

Jan 17 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

raveneyes wrote:
*EEP*

You're moving away before I even get to figure out a concept to shoot with you!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...*decides to keep answer to self*

Jan 17 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

raveneyes wrote:
*EEP*

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...*damn double post*

Jan 17 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Shutterbug5269

Herkimer, New York, US

Annalyn wrote:

Hopefully you can come out to Upstate, NY sometime.  The scenery is really nice !

Jan 17 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i dont want to hijack, or post a competing thread...but DAMN NYC is EXPENSIVE...$325 bucks for a ONE NITE stay in an "okay" room...F NYC...i can see why people are so rude and ALWAYS upset.

Jan 17 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

BCG wrote:
DAMN NYC is EXPENSIVE...$325 bucks for a ONE NITE stay in an "okay" room...F NYC...i can see why people are so rude and ALWAYS upset.

exactly

Jan 17 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

You can be my roomate. And I'm only a 3000-mile commute from Manhattan.

Jan 17 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

David Klein

Brooklyn, New York, US

craigslist is great.... and check it every day

David

Jan 17 06 02:55 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

I LOVE NYC!  GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MOVE smile

Jan 17 06 04:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

I know you want to live in Manhattan but, places in outer buroghs (sp?) are much cheaper! You will pay half as much as you would in "the city" plus depending on where you are it is like a 10-15 min commute on the subway.

There are some places you can stay in NYC that can be cheap but is good only temporaraly. When I was in between apts  I stayed at Hotel Riverview at 113 Jane st. Its in thw west village and payed 300 a week. The only downfall is you have to share a bathroom and its an old hotel.
While you are there, there is a buisness called Roomfinders. I used them a couple of times. Its 75$ but they can find you a room for starting 100$ a week!!!
You just tell them where you want, how close to subway, yadda yaddda.

Good luck to you- you will love it.

Jan 17 06 04:32 pm Link

Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

A great place to live in NYC now is Spanish Harlem... people are now starting to call it Spa Ha.  It's supposed to be "the new SoHo".  The only sad thing is now the natives have to move out because the rent is increasing.  But you can get a really spacious 3 bedroom apartment there for like $1500/month.  The crime rate there is also significantly lower than the village or other areas of Manhattan.

Jan 19 06 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

don't forget to bring your handgun!
j/k- its a great place to live...i just wouldn't want to visit here.
welcome to nyc!

Jan 19 06 06:47 pm Link

Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

I actually have lived in NYC for a year before (when I went to college).  I lived in a Jewish Y (the YWHA).  There were communal bathrooms and I stayed in a room that was basically the size of a walk-in closet (like maybe 10 x 10) and it was $1200 a month!  I think that's because it was on the upper east side and there were security guards at the door.

Jan 19 06 09:56 pm Link