Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Is it just me, or does anyone else just stare blankly at the (Announcements) numerous pleadings for portfolios to be clicked on? The urgency and sheer desperation is a little bizarre to say the least. I mean sure, advertise yourself, but excessive begging doesn't inspire me personally to check out someone's work!

Jan 17 06 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

especially since starting a thread does effectively the same thing.

It worked on me anyway!

Jan 17 06 10:55 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

....why don't you come to your senses, you been out ridin' fences....

wait

this thread isn't about cowboys and lonliness?

Jan 17 06 11:08 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Lillith Leda wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else just stare blankly at the (Announcements) numerous pleadings for portfolios to be clicked on? The urgency and sheer desperation is a little bizarre to say the least. I mean sure, advertise yourself, but excessive begging doesn't inspire me personally to check out someone's work!

When I first log onto MM, I see the announcements.  If I see that someone is sincerely and politely asking for a comment, then I do it.  I have commented (good and bad) on more than 100 images in the last couple of weeks.  I think if everyone participated, people would learn what's good and what's not. - That is one of the primary purposes of sharing all this info here on MM.  It doesn't hurt to give someone a critique since your aviator gets posted on their page - it's worth the time to let them know your opinion. - It's a win-win for both parties.  Hats off to the MM programmers for making a viral marketing system that really works.

Jan 18 06 12:38 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
....why don't you come to your senses, you been out ridin' fences....

wait

this thread isn't about cowboys and lonliness?

i got banned for talking about a cowboy movie...watch yerself.

Jan 18 06 07:46 am Link

Model

Lillith Leda

BCG wrote:

i got banned for talking about a cowboy movie...watch yerself.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? But you're from Texas!!!!

Jan 18 06 12:02 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

David Moyle wrote:
especially since starting a thread does effectively the same thing.

It worked on me anyway!

Hmm somehow I can't see discussion being the same as PLEADING!!!!!!!! BEGGING!!!!!!! SHEER!!!!! AND!!!!! UTTER!!!!! DESPERATION!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Jan 18 06 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Lillith Leda wrote:

Hmm somehow I can't see discussion being the same as PLEADING!!!!!!!! BEGGING!!!!!!! SHEER!!!!! AND!!!!! UTTER!!!!! DESPERATION!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

No, he's right. It's the same. Statistically, more people look at you when you start a thread, or participate in a thread. You've somehow cracked the code and gained knowledge of this fact, and are now showing your desperation by beginning a thread about being desperate. tongue

Jan 18 06 01:36 pm Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/ssg54/desperado1Small.jpg

Now we are on topic

Jan 18 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Benny wrote:
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/ssg54/desperado1Small.jpg

Haha oh my god, awesome!!!

Jan 18 06 02:19 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

MEWanoDesigns wrote:

No, he's right. It's the same. Statistically, more people look at you when you start a thread, or participate in a thread. You've somehow cracked the code and gained knowledge of this fact, and are now showing your desperation by beginning a thread about being desperate. tongue

Sooooo, what you're saying is, we're all a bunch of "desperates" then?! tongue

Seriously though, there are tons of "hey new images please check out" which are all cool, but it's the "I NEED COMMENTS, WHY AM I NOT GETTING ANY COMMENTS" that just make me blink in astonishment.

Jan 18 06 02:22 pm Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

Lillith Leda wrote:

Haha oh my god, awesome!!!

thank you, I thought I should get this a bit on topic smile lol

Jan 18 06 02:23 pm Link