Forums > Photography Talk > Suggestions studio lighting techniques book

Photographer

Michael LaPolla

Utica, New York, US

Calling all pro's- I need to buy a book on studio lighting for a class assignment for school for next week.Anyone have any books that they have read on studio lighting that was very helpful to them and where did you buy this book? smile

Jan 20 06 06:34 am Link

Photographer

BasementStudios

Newton Falls, Ohio, US

Michael LaPolla wrote:
Calling all pro's- I need to buy a book on studio lighting for a class assignment for school for next week.Anyone have any books that they have read on studio lighting that was very helpful to them and where did you buy this book? smile

Try Borders they have several on the shelf.

Jan 20 06 06:38 am Link

Photographer

East Coast Visual Media

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

how advanced of a book are you looking for?

Jan 20 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I have one, but for the life of me I can't remember what box I put it in.. lol... It was pretty good because it gave an overhead view of the set along with where to place your lights, what kind of modifiers to use and blah blah blah..

It wasn't a very expensive book probably $40, if I remeber I'll look for it.

Jan 20 06 09:10 am Link

Photographer

One Eye Blind

San Martin, California, US

you might try this website

http://www.studiolighting.net/

Jan 20 06 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Megs Corner Photography

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Digital Photography expert "Portrait Photography" by Michael Freeman.  The definitive guide for serious photographers.  It's not a book about lighting only but it covers everything someone should know in portrait work from lighting, poses, background uses, group portraits, lenses and many many more.  It covers all different shots such as children, fashion, activity, photojournalism, city scenes, face shots, head shots and the list goes on. 

I recommend this book not only to amatuers but also to professionals.

Jan 20 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

My bible has been JJ Allen's "Posing and Lighting Techniques for Studio Photography."  Here's a link to it on Amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158428 … 7?n=283155

Paul

Jan 20 06 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Michael LaPolla

Utica, New York, US

Thanks for all your replies......I appreciate it!

Jan 20 06 10:03 pm Link