This thread was locked on 2008-03-24 19:36:15
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > The Greening of MUAs

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

BodyPainter Rich wrote:
David, you have some very important things to say on this topic, but calling shame on Mary, EmElle, and TX does not help the discussion or any cause. They have valid opinions that would be valid whether or not they have anything to sell. I don't agree with all of those opinions, but I don't agree with all Remy or you say here either.

Please keep your personal differences personal and I am asking everyone please to stick to the topic.

Besides that I must say...
Thank you Remy for removing EmElle's quote. If she did not know she was speaking "on the record" it is not very positive to post her private conversations publicly.

TX...calling David and ass is a personal attack, I understand you being upset, but personal attacks only serve to make things worse and more difficult to moderate.

I know enough about everyone who has posted to know that they ALL care about doing right and being responsible citizens....let's start with that assumption and move forward, shall we?

David came here and tried once again to start an argument with me  (please check the entire thread and see where the personal issues started)  ....I am on the record asking him to be brigged, permantently would be nice.  Rich, please do your job on this one....   I was not in any kind of debate with him....he used the thread to promote his own products and try once again to slam myself and emelle...   Im not biting  on this one Rich, I'm going to admin as I was always told to do.  Oh, and I am doing it in public because its all here for the public, I have nothing in private to add

Mar 24 08 07:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

EmElle Makeup and Hair wrote:
Well, until I get an apology, I cannot support you or your methods.  Why?  Because you did not show me any respect when you decided to quote me to "stir controversy".

As to Mary quoting your PM to her, she explained that she asked you the questions here, and she assumed it was an accident on your part to not reply here.  If you did not wish to share your thoughts to the MM public, you should have said so, and she would not have shared.

why in the world would I take a message from Remy answering a public question and not assume it would be a public answer?    Did he say something in his reply that was private?

and for the record, I care as much about the planet as anyone but there was never a problem presented in clear fashion, there was never a solution other then "buy from these companies"  and one company listed carries almost every brand on the market....  this isnt right and so I asked for some clarification...all I got was someone sending me to read a book and another chiming in to promote his own products.... Thats it,,, thats frustrating

Mar 24 08 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

RemyC

Weston, Connecticut, US

Mary, stay on topic, or please leave this thread to those of us who want to discuss these issues.

I am not promoting any product in particular... simply looking to identify what are the green brands out there that can suit the needs of professionals.

You're just here to pick fights. I don't care if you posted a private email or not. Don't make a state case out of it.

Read the book, educate yourself, then come back. At the very list, visit some of the links posted on GreenMUA, not the product lines, the other ones... like the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, and the event they are hosting April 4th in New York.

Mar 24 08 07:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

RemyC wrote:
Mary, stay on topic, or please leave this thread to those of us who want to discuss these issues.

I would love to discuss it remy....  Please answer the simple questions I asked of you....  You never did and do not send me to other sources....please answer them here, you are the man with the cause, you should know what you are fighting for

And we will stay on topic..... I will take david to task with admin now

Mar 24 08 07:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

EmElle Makeup and Hair

San Jose, California, US

RemyC wrote:
Read the book, educate yourself, then come back.

There is a problem with "reading the book" or being referred to other sources. This is YOUR campaign.  What is YOUR definition of going green in cosmetics?  I don't want to read other's definitions, if those definitions are even actually given.  I don't know if you are in 100% agreement with these sources, or 98%, or only 80%.  And if you differ anywhere, where?  Why?  Or do you not know enough about this corner of the industry to give a good answer?  If you don't know enough, why are YOU spearheading this campaign?

The idea is noble.  But if you cannot define the issues, your cause will suffer.

Mar 24 08 07:34 pm Link