Forums > General Industry > Models w/big heads...

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

^ oh no no I know you weren't referring to her, but she posted saying that she DID have a big head (literally, when she obviously doesn't):

KatieK wrote:
Side note......I have a HUGE head!  Literally.  tongue

I knew you weren't referring to her smile

Feb 16 06 12:37 pm Link

Model

Thea Coleman

New York, New York, US

Shan L Photography wrote:

I'd rather be anything that God made me. Ya know, some of us are naturally thin. One thing I've never understood about people, (mostly women) is why at times, some seem to HAVE to say something negative about the other.

For instance, a thinner girl would say..."I don't like fat girls, I like being skinny, skinny is more attractive"

Feb 16 06 12:38 pm Link

Model

Thea Coleman

New York, New York, US

I'd rather be anything that God made me. Ya know, some of us are naturally thin. One thing I've never understood about people, (mostly women) is why at times, some seem to HAVE to say something negative about the other.

For instance, a thinner girl would say..."I don't like fat girls, I like being skinny, skinny is more attractive"

Feb 16 06 12:40 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Kemara wrote:
Egh! Why is that girls on here have like 5-7 pictures that are NOT great think they're hot shyt?! That drives me nutz! I had 1 girl jump down my throat b/c she had a 18+ pic as her avatar, and I left a tag saying about work/family safe MM... and she emailed me jumping down my throat saying that i'm unprofessional, and that I'm 10x fatter than her+a whale, etc. being all immature! Then she was like oh well I am getting represented by elite blah blah blah.
I feel bad if they do pick her! She seems like she's a concieded brat! I dunno, but I see soooooo many girls like this and it drives me CRAZY! Some1 needs to smack some sense into these people! Yes... i guess photographers and male models get like this too! lol.
So does any1 else come across this problem like every day?

So she was being immature by saying all this too you yes..

I get that.

Yet you slate her pics, posing,attitude and so on quite openly in here for everyone to see and yet thats NOT being immature?

I think I may be a tad lost on this one.

I can understand you being annoyed at her reaction ,that is fair enough..but I dont see how saying in the thread all this stuff about how she looks/whats in her profile and so on is any different to what she did to you in email.

Feb 16 06 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i thought this would be about girls who model for Bratz dolls.

Feb 16 06 12:47 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Sirensong wrote:

I get that.

Yet you slate her pics, posing,attitude and so on quite openly in here for everyone to see and yet thats NOT being immature?

I can understand you being annoyed at her reaction ,that is fair enough..but I dont see how saying in the thread all this stuff about how she looks/whats in her profile and so on is any different to what she did to you in email.

I didn't say anything about her posing, "and so on" etc... I actually left positive feedback on a couple of her pictures yesterday b4 she jumped down my throat.
this thread was made in reguards to other models, not only her... I made the thread, venting...

Feb 16 06 12:54 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Sirensong wrote:

I get that.

Not to mention it was all stemming from unsolicited advice in the first place.

Feb 16 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

BCG wrote:
i thought this would be about girls who model for Bratz dolls.

BAHAHAHA

I wish I'd thought of that first!

Feb 16 06 12:58 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Angel Tara wrote:

Not to mention it was all stemming from unsolicited advice in the first place.

Like I said in my last post... it wasn't actually being directed at any certain person, it was directed to models w/big heads in general, just happend that things kept being brought up about her...

Feb 16 06 12:59 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Kemara wrote:
I didn't say anything about her posing, "and so on" etc... I actually left positive feedback on a couple of her pictures yesterday b4 she jumped down my throat.
this thread was made in reguards to other models, not only her... I made the thread, venting...

I was talking about here in this thread where you have directed things "at"her not at models in general who do this.

Kemara wrote:
If you saw this girls port, I'm DEFINITLY not jealous! Ugh! Work the camera like her... hmmm I'm gonna keep my mouth shut there... lol

Btw this is what she has at the beginning of her port:
ATTENTION! MUST READ! ATTENTION! MUST READ!

Once in a while I get hate mail from models either because they're jealous or because they can't "work the camera" like I can but either way it goes, when you get some experience and professionalism, maybe someone, other than a sapp, might shoot with u(An emphasis on "might").

I just didnt see the need for that or the difference in your ranting about HER being immature and this post above.

But Ce la vie ......

Feb 16 06 01:01 pm Link

Model

LipStickPlus

Irvington, New Jersey, US

Your pictures probably look way better than hers. You know how some females do they think they hot when they not !!!!!! I try to avoid people that act like that. Keep doin ya thang !!!!

Feb 16 06 01:01 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Sirensong wrote:

Kemara wrote:

I was talking about here in this thread where you have directed things "at"her not at models in general who do this.

I just didnt see the need for that or the difference in your ranting about HER being immature and this post above.

But Ce la vie ......

Yea like any post, you have to have something relivent or its nothing... I didn't put things that completely put her down, etc. I just put that I was gonna keep my mouth shut(pertaining to the whole "big head" thing". And I posted what SHE has in her port... nothing else really...

Feb 16 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Which is more annoying, models with big heads, or photographers who are led around by their little heads?  :-)

Feb 16 06 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Sirensong wrote:

I get that.

I agree, and I wasn't gonna say anything. But really, if I had a dollar for every time a woman asked me "do you eat?" or "you're so skinny" I'd be rich and would have the best camera equipment around! LOL. I used to get upset when I was younger, but I noticed that only WOMEN would say these things and 95% of the time they were on the thicker side. So I just considered the source on it and learned that no matter how thin, thick, average you are, some yahoo will always complain about your "look" just to compensate for their horrible self hatred or insecurities. It's like blah, if you know who you are..it typically rolls off your back. I've been called ugly, too dark, too skinny, eyes too big, far apart, etc., etc. Usually by agencies or women..lol I don't take it personally, beauty is definitely subjective and in MY eyes I think I'm A-okay..and when I get dressed up to go out, I'm fine as wine yikes)

Feb 16 06 01:13 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

lol... hmmm thats a hard one... but i deal w/photographers more, so I'd have to say the photographers w/little heads(ya never know...) are more annoying. A decent ammount of the models I deal w/are AWESOME, there are just a couple that are UGH! But I'm sure there are photographers, AND models things that get on ppls. nerves... that was kinda what I wanted this thread to be for... kinda like a venting threat about photographer/models aggrivations...

Feb 16 06 01:13 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

I'm waiting for CrazyBenny to insert a link to a person with a big head.

Feb 16 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
I'm waiting for CrazyBenny to insert a link to a person with a big head.

while stantioned at Ft. Bragg...i organized the largest head on Ft. Bragg contest...some whiny baby named george palace won...his head was SO HUGE, it made his kevlar helmet look like a tight wool cap.

Feb 16 06 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

William Coleman wrote:
Which is more annoying, models with big heads, or photographers who are led around by their little heads?  :-)

Not really that little...
It's a black thing!  smile

Feb 16 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

T H Taylor wrote:

Not really that little...
It's a black thing!  smile

LOL, that has to be the biggest MYTH floating around, lol.

Feb 16 06 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

LOL, that has to be the biggest MYTH floating around, lol.

Nah... It's totally true!  That one and the "we are loud at movie theatres" stereotype...  These two... Very true!!   tongue

Feb 16 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

T H Taylor wrote:

Nah... It's totally true!  That one and the "we are loud at movie theatres" stereotype...  These two... Very true!!   tongue

Well I may agree with the second one, LOL but I know from experience the first one has GOT to be a myth, lol. I've dated white guys with huge yikes) and black guys with little yikes) before...so to me, the saying doesn't really hold water..but maybe it your case it does ;o)

Feb 16 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Well I may agree with the second one, LOL but I know from experience the first one has GOT to be a myth, lol. I've dated white guys with huge yikes) and black guys with little yikes) before...so to me, the saying doesn't really hold water..but maybe it your case it does ;o)

This is all about egos so:   "Girl, it holds much more than just water!!!"   tongue
(how sad my life is that I turn an ego thread into a genital/stereotype thread!)

Feb 16 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

T H Taylor wrote:

This is all about egos so:   "Girl, it holds much more than just water!!!"   tongue
(how sad my life is that I turn an ego thread into a genital/stereotype thread!)

LOL!

Feb 16 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

The little head made me check out your page, Shan.  You do nice work!  So did your Mom and Dad!  :-)

Feb 16 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

LOL!

Leaving you a tag cause you are "off the hook (speaking in the parlance of our people...*stay black*!!)!
T.
To my Anglo Brethren:  I'm half Scotch/Irish so... Stay drunk and lucky!!!  smile

Feb 16 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

William Coleman wrote:

The little head made me check out your page, Shan.  You do nice work!  So did your Mom and Dad!  :-)

LOL William @ the little head...thanks William :-)

Feb 16 06 03:45 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I think she probably got mad because you posted the comment for everyone to see instead of sending her a message.

Yep.  People get defensive when they think you're attacking them... especially in public.  You should have just sent her a private message.  (And I don't know exactly what the tag said, but maybe it could have been worded a little differently?)

That aside, she could have been less rude with her response.  Bitchy models are generally not pleasant to work with; even if she really is being represented by Elite, I imagine no one is going to want to work with her for long unless she gets rid of the nasty 'tude.  Even fashion models are expected to be pleasant and cheerful.  The most successful models with the best longevity are also some of the most acquiesing to clients.  They know what makes money and what closes doors.

Feb 16 06 03:57 pm Link