Forums > General Industry > Comments VERSUS Views

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

I notice I get a lot of views on some photos, yet very few comments. I've often wondered why this is. I see it on quite a few portfolios.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Is it the time involved with typing? Then again, as much time as we spend in the forums, I would find that hard to beleive. :-)

Just wondering, anyone? Anyone?

Feb 16 06 03:24 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I notice in your portfolio, it's many of Kim's pictures that have the higher views. For some reason, her pictures are sparking people's curiousity, but I can't speculate as to why. Well, I guess I can because I clicked on one of her pictures and it was to see her face. I could see her body but I wanted a better look at her face.

Feb 16 06 03:34 pm Link

Model

Sonya Marie

Tucson, Arizona, US

But did you leave a comment..hahaha

I have the same thing happen to me..no really fishing for comments I have just noticed the difference.

Feb 16 06 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

CrazyPreshus wrote:
But did you leave a comment..hahaha

I have the same thing happen to me..no really fishing for comments I have just noticed the difference.

I nrarely leave comments..Thats because I like to look. LOL..

I am just curious because i see tat a lot on MM...I never fish, because it will be a cold day in hell before I leave a comment..LOL

Feb 16 06 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

sounds like question asked...question answered..

Feb 16 06 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Vance... dude... I have an assignment for ya.  Shoot a smokin pic of a fine model here on MM... post it on YOUR page... then... have the model post it on HER page... guess what will happen?  That photo on your page will get 50 or 100 views and maybe 3 or 4 comments... while the same photo on her page will get 200 or 300 views... BUT... she'll get 30 or 40 comments... why?... it's the 'GWC browsin and flirtin with the MM babes' factor... she's gonna get FAR more viewers to her page... while you won't.  This has happened to me half a dozen times here on MM... it goes with the territory... get used to it... wink

Feb 16 06 09:35 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

better yet, for comments, post a pic of a half nude woman with her buttocks stuck out and see how many comments you get!  I'm almost convinced those are the only pics on MM that get comments.

Feb 16 06 09:37 pm Link

Model

Infinite

Pico Rivera, California, US

I'll admit, I've seen photos, I didn't leave a comment just wanted to see it close up, but too lazy to think of something really neat to say about the picture specifically. I'm sure some people don't want to say something for every picture they've encountered. I'm sure it would get boring saying something similar about different pictures after a while. Unique pictures get more comments. so stray from ordinary and you'll get comments. Creativity captures curiousity.

Feb 16 06 10:08 pm Link

Model

Chaya Phally

New York, New York, US

Feb 16 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

I have a couple of duplicates in my pics with images that the model used.

The view ratio is between 5/1 and 10/1 views on the model side versus the photographers side.

IF THEY ARE NUDES/IMPLIED/FETISH

The ratio seems to drop to about 2/1 for clothed shots from what I've seen.

LOL - Photographers - The Rodney Dangerfield's of the internet image business.

VintageV

Feb 16 06 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Comments,  views,  tags,  friends,  favorites, shout box,  photo of the day,  showcases,
Golden Poop awards, 

Just .............

Pay Me Now.

Feb 16 06 11:20 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

someone say pay? money? got my attention

Feb 16 06 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Views of an image is the best way to tell if the image is worth keeping in your port. People instinctivly click on an image that they are drawn to either because of its composition or its subject matter, thus the views that an image receives is the truest test of the photos verasity, not how many comments you get.

Comments probably bare more value in our minds for two reasons, one most people enjoy being acknowledged, and secondly we have been taught that true art warrents a reaction... And if we receive no comment after a view we see that as no reaction, and thus makes is feel a tad unacknowledged for the work. Comments are nice, but the views are what is important.

Feb 17 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

my least favorite picture in my portfolio has like 12 comments. one of my favorites only has one. no idea.

Feb 17 06 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Torrence Williams

Dallas, Texas, US

Vance wrote:
I notice I get a lot of views on some photos, yet very few comments. I've often wondered why this is. I see it on quite a few portfolios.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Is it the time involved with typing? Then again, as much time as we spend in the forums, I would find that hard to beleive. :-)

Just wondering, anyone? Anyone?

I think sometimes it depends on the picture. The ones with plenty of views, but very few if any comments are pics that spark the curiosity, "hey nice pic i wonder what this looks like bigger" :click...... Versus pics that may not have alot a views in comparison to others but are highlt commented on.  These are the pics that really really make a statement to the viewer. It touches them in a manner in which they just have to say something about it...

Feb 17 06 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

For my part, I leave comments only if there is something different, unique about a photo or unless someone's looks just blows me away. The same old glamour is fun to look at, but doesn't warant a comment (In my opinion) unless it is truly unique.
(Can you have an oximoron that is a whole sentence?)

Feb 17 06 11:49 am Link