Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Classic Hollywood 30's-60's Wardrobes

Photographer

JME Digital

Tampa, Florida, US

Doing a Shoot In the Tampa Area. I'm looking for the wardrobe of this era. Any ideas where to find such items... Any info is helpful.

Thanks

Feb 22 06 08:11 am Link

Model

Sari

Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Hi!

Well I can give you several tipps. You can try on ebay, 2nd Hand stores and ask #118 where he shops the clothes for his shoots (I know he has a biiiiig collection, maybe he even borrows you something if you live nearby?!)

Hugs,
Sari

Feb 22 06 08:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

check out fabric stores they often have patturns , especially in the halloween section of the patturn books, then find a fabric and a seamstress. shouldnt cost too much smile

Feb 22 06 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lord-ent

St Catharines, Ontario, Canada

http://www.silverscreenloungerie.com
They are in Austraila, but they seem to have lots of stuff from those eras.

Feb 22 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Jeanette Thompson

Germantown, Maryland, US

Ebay is a good resource.  I know there are a couple companies that manufacture the old fashioned girdles and bras too (and some in some really nifty colors).  I saw a distributor at Fetish Con but now can't remember the name.  Do a google search for vintage clothing too and see what that gets you.  Also, as was suggested, find some patterns, pick out the fabrics you like and hire a seamstress.  Some of them are surprising affordable.

Feb 22 06 08:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

divas touch

Miami, Florida, US

VINTAGE CLOTHING AND RETRO HOLIDAY GARB! Velvet dresses from $25.00, sequin bag - $12.00, shawls from $25.00, silver sequin shoes - $15.00, Costume Christmas pins - $15.00 each. Visit Yesterdaze Antiques, Mount Dora. Phone 352/735-4876 wd4

Feb 22 06 08:49 pm Link

Makeup Artist

divas touch

Miami, Florida, US

Here's more knock yourself out

La France - 1.4 miles NE - 1612 E 7th Ave, Tampa, 33605 - (813) 248-1381
Squaresville - 1.6 miles W - 508 S Howard Ave, Tampa, 33606 - (813) 259-9944
Sherry's Yesterdaze Vintage - 3.3 miles N - 5207 N Florida Ave, Tampa, 33603 - (813) 231-2020

COSTUMES in Tampa, FL on Yahoo! Local.Results 1 - 10 out of 14 total results for Costumes in Tampa, FL (About this ... Sherry's Yesterdaze Vintage. (813) 231-2020. 5207 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL ...
local.yahoo.com/FL/Tampa/Retail+Shopping/Clothing/ Costumes;_ylt=A0Je5unWelJD8.oATcSgNcIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtM2E... - 112k - Cached - Similar pages

VINTAGE USED CLOTHING in Tampa, FL on Yahoo! Local.VINTAGE USED CLOTHING in Tampa, FL on Yahoo! Local. Get Ratings & Reviews on VINTAGE USED CLOTHING with Photos, Maps, Driving Directions and more.
local.yahoo.com/FL/Tampa/Retail+Shopping/Clothing/ Vintage+Used+Clothing;_ylt=A0Je5unWelJD8.oAV8SgNcIF;_yl... - 117k - Cached - Similar pages

Happy Hunting

Feb 22 06 09:02 pm Link

Model

Cherry Dollface

Los Angeles, California, US

Go to your local thrift/ vintage stores and ask the owners if they have "costume" type stuff. A lot of the time when clothing has small rips or imperfectins, they will sell it at a discounted price. Those things are perfect for shoots because they can be hidden with a clever pose or photoshopped out. Ebay is good for that too, but a lot of die hard collectors shop on ebay so vintage things can get spendy. Another great way to get these things is to use models that already have extensive wardrobes...

Feb 22 06 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Allure by LH Taylor

Austin, Texas, US

Best bet is to look for people who collect this stuff rather than finding it on your own.  That way, you can rent the clothing from them.  Ask some photographers in the area if they use any vintage clothing suppliers.  You'd be surprised by how many people collect this stuff as a hobby.

Feb 22 06 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

It takes alot of time, effort and $$$$$ I`ve been doing this here in Central Florida now for over 10 years and most of the best stores do`nt exist anymore (like UPTOWN THREADS in Ybor * where I scored like $2,000 worth of stuff for $50*)

If you are buying stuff.....best bets your local SLAVATION ARMY which more than likely has late? 1960`s stuff and 70`s styles, 1930`s (rare as hell), 1940`s and 50`s stuff has been off the open market/thrift shops now for a good 5 years and you can only find stuff like this at La France in Ybor (Highly overrated and very Overpriced)

Pre 1960 stuff is best found on ebay, though that market`s really changed too in the past 5 years, those $5 vintage sheer 1960`s panties now are $50/$60+

I will RENT out some of my clothes for shoots depending on what you are looking for, or you can hire me as a Retro fashion or styling consultant, drop me a line if you are interested

Goodnight Good Luck and Good Shopping!

Feb 22 06 09:15 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Book by Hollywood Costume Expert ...listing NATIONWIDE resources!!!

http://www.collectorbookstore.com/Shop/ … /SFV/25130

Feb 22 06 09:19 pm Link

Model

MODELS WANTED

Flushing, New York, US

Thrift shops and garage sales are always good and inexpensive.

Feb 25 06 01:13 pm Link