Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Wow, I can't believe it won! It shouldn't even have been nominated but good god I'm sick of fucking Brokeback and so glad the rug got pulled out from under it at the last second! Good Night and Good Luck should have won out of the nominated films, too bad they can't ever nominate the most deserving films though. Ang Lee so didn't deserve best director, he's made some great films but this one is one of his worst, not that it was bad, but it's just getting ridiculous overpraise. ugh

Mar 05 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

I thought Crash was a brilliant movie and deserved all its awards. Brokeback Mountain was okay, but I didn't see what was so awesome about it.

Congrats to all the winners and should-have-wonners.

Mar 05 06 10:31 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

Reese definitely deserved hers!!!

Mar 05 06 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Fortson

Los Angeles, California, US

i'm just glad phillip seymour hoffman won.  he truly deserved it.

Mar 05 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Go Reese!

Mar 05 06 10:36 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

A big Hell Yeah out for Reese!  Her June Carter Cash was amazing:-)

Mar 05 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am elated for Crash! And Capote deserved Best Actor as Phillip channeled Capote...im sorry but "Pimp" should not have won...i am insulted and offended....

Mar 05 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

images by elahi wrote:
I am elated for Crash! And Capote deserved Best Actor as Phillip channeled Capote...im sorry but "Pimp" should not have won...i am insulted and offended....

Listening to their acceptance speech made me cringe....

And yay for Reese too! Her acceptance speech almost made me cry.

xo

Mar 05 06 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

Cory Morhart Photo

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Eric S. wrote:
Go Reese!

I thought crash was excellent.  I really did not see what was so special about Reese as June though.

Mar 05 06 10:47 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Crash is an amazing film. I am very happy to see it win.

Mar 05 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Caines

New York, New York, US

big props to crash. they were as surprised as i was. i was really expecting jack to announce brokeback.

and speaking of surprises...you know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin) when he tryin" to get this money for the rent...

Mar 05 06 11:05 pm Link

Model

RoxieBeckles

Aaron_H wrote:
Wow, I can't believe it won! It shouldn't even have been nominated but good god I'm sick of fucking Brokeback and so glad the rug got pulled out from under it at the last second! Good Night and Good Luck should have won out of the nominated films, too bad they can't ever nominate the most deserving films though. Ang Lee so didn't deserve best director, he's made some great films but this one is one of his worst, not that it was bad, but it's just getting ridiculous overpraise. ugh

It's soo good to see that an indy film has taken the Oscar, or even better has gotten incredible backing and support from "the academy."  Crash was EXCELLENT....

But about Reese, although I like her as an actress.  No ok, I really really like her -- almost love her, but not really...  She shouldnt have won best actress, Felicity Hoffman should have gotten it hands down.  I would have even taken Charlize because she was AMAZING in North Country.  Politics, politics...

Mar 05 06 11:08 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

Reese was amazing as June!!!

Mar 05 06 11:11 pm Link

Model

RoxieBeckles

Savannah Skye wrote:
Reese was amazing as June!!!

Ok true, but go see Transamerica and North Country... Then you will see the broad spectrum, lol.

Mar 05 06 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

CM Photography wrote:
I thought crash was excellent.  I really did not see what was so special about Reese as June though.

Crash was great, I'm glad I saw it, reminded me of the great Spike Lee movies with slightly edgier photography and editing. Great messages there.
I applaud Reese not only for her strong acting but the fact that she sung all that material and never sung before making that film smile
But Charlize was a VERY close second...

Mar 05 06 11:17 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm happy that "Crash" won and also happy for Three6Mafia for their "It's hard out her for a pimp" win. They made history and it was a significant event for Hip-Hop enthusiasts. I couldn't understand WHAT the heck they were saying in their acceptance speech though, lol!

Mar 05 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

RayAndrews

Dallas, Texas, US

Crash was overrated I thought, but that's just my opinion

Mar 05 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Chip Miller

Brooklyn, New York, US

I thought Crash was an awsome movie & am so excited that it won! 
Actually missed the presentation as there was a car on fire in front of my house and was dialing 911!!!  So needless to say I missed the big thrill.

Mar 05 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Was there some sort of movie awards ceremony this evening?

Mar 05 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

omg, Serena Williams just said she was so excited to see "Philip Semen Hoffmore" win!! hahaha. Oh well, she's hot anyway smile

Mar 05 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

PJQ Photography

Not a Crash enthusiast either.  I started watching it but quit after awhile.  I don't know maybe it was my mood that day, but it just didn't appeal to me at all.  Maybe I'll give it another go.  Someone mentioned it a little like a Spike Lee film - I'm not into Spike Lee very much, if at all, maybe that's the problem.

Mar 06 06 01:20 am Link

Photographer

R.J. Walker

Fairmont, Illinois, US

I'm very pleased "Crash" won. Growing up in New Jersey I  could actually relate to some of the situations the movie so wonderfully portrayed.

Mar 06 06 01:36 am Link

Model

Jakki Browne

I loved Crash, it is my favorite movie and when I was watching it in the theater I thought this is an amazing film.  I was happy for Reese as well, I just hope she doesn't get the Oscar curse......

Mar 06 06 01:50 am Link

Model

Candice Jim

Dallas, Texas, US

hmmm..... well, anyone remember reading hunter s. thompson? if you do, then you know what i mean

Mar 06 06 04:25 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

i loved crash it totally deserved best picture

Mar 06 06 04:42 am Link

Photographer

Incident Image

The last 10 minutes were a little too pat, but CRASH said everything ive wanted to say about racism and handled it with intellignce and insight.  Brilliant and very well done... I wish Terrance Howard had won best actor, but I'm happy witth the awards this year.  For once.

Mar 06 06 04:51 am Link