Stephen_H

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Hi, Would be willing to help out if you need help with the lists

Stephen.

Feb 09 09 11:08 am Link

Model

Lulabell

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I would like to be included on the list for BC.

Feb 09 09 11:09 am Link

Model

Janessa Ann

Corpus Christi, Texas, US

I would like to be added to the newbie models list for Maine

Feb 09 09 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

Newbie Model of the Week Contest

I've been having several behind the scenes discussions with Top Drawer members of the LIST about the Newbie Model of the Week Contest and would like to open the discussion to members of the LIST and interested MM members.

The increasing popularity of this program is really gratifying and I would like to thank everyone for supporting us through their nominations and the Top Drawer members for taking the time to vote.

While perhaps the percentages haven't changed, there seem to be more instances in which nominations are presented for models who really don't fit into the definition of a "newbie" model for the purposes of this contest.

This post is being offered in hopes of clarifying the spirit of the Newbie Model of the Week Contest to help it continue to achieve the goals set forth for it.

This program is intended to foster new models in hopes of helping those who are willing to help themselves and also with the goal of strengthening the model pool. For this program, a newbie is just that - someone with very little experience. Not an experienced model who has recently joined Model Mayhem; not someone who started modeling eight or nine months ago, took off and became a pro witin six months ... but a newbie, someone at the "just starting" level.

A "newbie" could be someone who actually had their first shoot some time ago, but never really did anything with it and has returned to give it a real shot.

I have been torn between two approaches in the case of an unqualified nominee:

1. Notify the nominator in a PM.
2. Post a reply in the NMoW thread stating that the nominee doesn't meet the requirements.

My inclination is toward #1 - quiet and in private. But approach #2 has the advantage of keeping people aware of the rules and the intent of the contest along the reasoning that visible police cruisers preventing speeding ...

In our behind the scenes discussions it was suggested that we might simply let all nominations stand and expect the Top Drawer photographers make the decisions about who is and who is not a proper newbie.

If the Top Drawer were the only ones viewing the nominees this would work but that isn't the case:

When nominating someone, I tell them (and I firmly believe this to be the case) that win or not, the nominees are all winners because they benefit from some very positive publicity simply by being involved and visible in the thread.

Because of this it is my view that nominations of experienced models with killer photos in their portfolios to a certain extent dilutes the power of this venue for the true newbies.

So - I am asking for input but more importantly asking the LIST members to look critically at their nominations. The definitions rule out those specifically looking for paid work; those who have tear sheets and commercial experience ... and the spirit of the program has been stated to desire those whose portfolios show a "newbie ambiance".

As I said in the opening, many thanks to you all for your support of this program and let's keep encouraging those newbs!

Feb 09 09 05:30 pm Link

Model

redruM Raven

Olympia, Washington, US

I am most definetly interested, for I am a new model (not just to the site) and I'd love some help.
I'm in the Olympia, Washington area, but I can travel throughout the state.

Thanks! smile

Feb 09 09 07:26 pm Link

Model

Abercrombie

Oceanside, California, US

i would like to be on the list plus my friend thanks

Feb 09 09 10:58 pm Link

Model

knish

Los Angeles, California, US

I just became a member of this site last week, and took my first round of photos less than a month ago (on my profile).  I feel like this qualifies me as a "newbie."  PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME!!

Feb 09 09 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

CESTARO FASHION PHOTO

Austin, Texas, US

Howdy,
new to the list.....Photos 2,3,4,5,6 on my MM are my latest fashion mods.  The first eight Fine art nudes are new as well.

Feb 10 09 08:37 am Link

Photographer

MDfap of Baton Rouge LA

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I'd like to join theLIST!

-Mark

Feb 10 09 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Alahn Brezan

RESEDA, California, US

Very interested. How can I get on THE LIST??

Feb 10 09 08:33 pm Link

Model

Sianieb

Bedford, England, United Kingdom

Hey, would love to join up!?

Feb 11 09 02:17 am Link

Model

Emilyna Cullen

Hi! My name's Emilyna, and I would love to be added to the list, if that at all posible. Thank you so much!

Feb 11 09 07:22 am Link

Photographer

CB Photography Studios

Carrollton, Georgia, US

how do i become a listed photographer?

Feb 11 09 10:26 am Link

Photographer

TrueFlava Media

Fairfield, California, US

i would like to be considered for this list to help models a expand in all areas of photography.

Feb 11 09 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Dexter D. Cohen

Norfolk, Virginia, US

Craig Seay wrote:
previous thread

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=311242

I will be revisiting the previous thread to bring forward those who have applied for membership.

I take great pride in giving models a great start. I would like to be apart of the LIST.

Feb 12 09 07:43 am Link

Photographer

BLP Studios

Seaside, Oregon, US

how do yo u get the List logo on your MM port?

Feb 12 09 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

MJ Images Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

MJ IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY & GRAPHIC DESIGN  would like to apply for membership to the List for Jacksonville Fl area Photography... retire Navy 30 years and Certified Workforce Master Trainer... Full time professional Photography and CEO of W James Hunter Enterprise Inc... Thank you for your consideration...

Feb 13 09 02:08 am Link

Photographer

DC Photography 8384

Alton, Illinois, US

Hey everyone!!
I am a photographer in IL that likes to think outside the “Box”. I believe your photos should reach down into your soul and make a lasting impression on people. I would like to be considered for the list. I always willing to help models starting out and always in the mood to talk shop with fellow photographers. Please take a look at my portfolio and let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

Feb 13 09 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

PHOTIDZO

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

I would appreciate the opportunity to be included in "The List".
I feel my work speaks for it's self.

If possible, would like to be considered for "Top Shelf" inclusion.
I have over 30 years of professional photographic experience. I am internationally published, and my passion is modeling photography.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Randall

Feb 13 09 09:01 pm Link

Model

Envyy

I want to be a member of the newbie's model list.

Feb 14 09 02:50 am Link

Photographer

Jon Scott Visual

I still don't see any photographers from Oregon...As I said before, I'm happy to be included.

Feb 14 09 03:44 am Link

Model

Bloop

Arkansas Arkansas Arkansas!!!
A portfolio of self-portraits can only go so far...

Feb 14 09 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Mickey Rountree

HIXSON, Tennessee, US

I'd be willing to shoot a freebie each month. Please consider me.

Feb 14 09 04:12 am Link

Photographer

K Mac Photo

Mashpee, Massachusetts, US

I would like to be considered for your list - thank you.

In fact I am offering 12 MM members a free 3 hour photo session and consultation to celebrate the opening of my second studio in March.

Feb 14 09 04:19 am Link

Photographer

DigitalJack Photography

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

I still would like to be added to the List.

Feb 14 09 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Rocke Photography

Dallas, Texas, US

Hey beautiful people. Getting back in the game, I'll be able to shoot for this list in March 09. Looking for either fitness or glamour for my magazine submissions.

Love y'all.

Rocke

Feb 14 09 11:42 am Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Willing. Is my portfolio worthy?

Feb 14 09 01:01 pm Link

Model

Wenny S

Vancouver, Washington, US

Hi! I'd like to be added to the list. I'm an amateur model from Vancouver, British Columbia, and I'm really looking forward to working with qualified photographers. smile

Feb 14 09 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Mapes Photography

Bakersfield, California, US

Please add me to the list

Feb 14 09 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

BP Glamour

Memphis, Tennessee, US

I would love to be/get on the list! 

Thanks!

Feb 14 09 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Deida

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Hello Top DRAWER,

Hailing from Brooklyn NY...with cap in hand, I submit my portfolio for review and inclusion to The List.

Thank you

Jose Deida

Feb 14 09 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

ArmageddonTThunderbird

Norwalk, Ohio, US

I've worked up the comps a bit early this week - they are up here:
  https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … ost8920505

And have asked the Top Drawer for their votes - another great field this week! Stay tuned for Tuesday's announcement ... I'm of for a rare bit of real life (TM) lol

Feb 14 09 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jon Souer

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Greetings,

I would like to be considered for inclusion to The List.  Minneapolis Minnesota.

Feb 14 09 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Photos By Shai

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

I am definitely interested in being a part of The List. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Feb 15 09 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Photos By Shai

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

I am definitely interested in being a part of The List. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Feb 15 09 07:52 am Link

Model

Julia Lauren

New York, New York, US

Hi- I'd like to be added to the "Just Shoot Me" list for New York. Thanks!

Feb 15 09 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Ken Myers Photography

Garland, Texas, US

I would love to on your List of photographers.
Last year I did approximately 26 TFCD sessions with MM models (Many newbees)
Thank you for your consideration
Regards
Ken Myers

Feb 15 09 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Flaskegaard

Delray Beach, Florida, US

Glad to be of assistance when needed.  Would like to be added The LIST.
Thanks!

Feb 15 09 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Cliff W Estes

Redmond, Washington, US

Hi Craig:

I shoot exclusively TFCD in my studio (and location during three months of the year).  I work with new models extensively and never feel a model is beneath nor above my talents.  I'd be honored to be included on the list.

Regards,
Cliff

Feb 15 09 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Sungoddess Studios

Keyport, New Jersey, US

2nd request to be added to "the list"

Feb 15 09 02:09 pm Link