Forums > Events > Chicago 'Burbs M&G: Saturday, Oct. 25, 2008

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to pick folks up from the train.  For reference, I've mapped it, and the Mt. Prospect Metra station only just over 2 miles north of Mr. Beef & Pizza, at 83 and 14.  Here's the map.

Edit: Here's the correct Metra line to take from the far MW 'burbs and the city: Union Pacific District Northwest Line

Oct 15 08 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Springfield, Illinois, US

Rachel Jay wrote:
I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to pick folks up from the train.  For reference, I've mapped it, and the Mt. Prospect Metra station only just over 2 miles north of Mr. Beef & Pizza, at 83 and 14.  Here's the map.

Edit: Here's the correct Metra line to take from the far MW 'burbs and the city: Union Pacific District Northwest Line

Damn, girl - slow day at the office?  :-)

For those of you in the city with access to the CTA's El to O'Hare (The blue line I think?) the last stop before the airport is Rosemont on River Rd. 

Again, not forever from where I live, so if you'd like me to pick you up, PM me with your travel particulars & we can work something out...

Oct 15 08 04:20 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Gallery By Hal wrote:
Damn, girl - slow day at the office?

Sort of.  I'm just a bit burned out right now.  That, and a lot of what I have to do involves uploading files, scheduling emails, and... nothing hugely intensive.

Oct 15 08 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Gallery By Hal wrote:
Damn, girl - slow day at the office?

Rachel Jay wrote:
Sort of.  I'm just a bit burned out right now.  That, and a lot of what I have to do involves uploading files, scheduling emails, and... nothing hugely intensive.

I hear ya...  I've been having one of those "head shakers" myself today.  Sometimes ya just gotta change the view somehow...  ::chuckle::

Oct 15 08 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Graphic designer I ain't... but anyone interested in putting up the flier, go for it!

http://www.caitybphotography.com/meetandgreet.jpg

Oct 15 08 05:06 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Caity B wrote:
Graphic designer I ain't... but anyone interested in putting up the flier, go for it!

Awesome!  Looks good to me smile

I'll have to remember to bring some colored paper from home tomorrow or Friday so I can print it for Sunday.

Oct 15 08 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Smashbase

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Damn, I can't make it to this one. Hopefully the next one I can though!

Oct 15 08 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Caity B wrote:

I don't have the wherewithal to print & post flyers, and it's a total mystery to me where I might post them to good advantage, but...

I took a bit of liberty with Caity's image, resized it & posted it to both my profiles below the thread link...

Oct 15 08 05:27 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

I'm tryin'---don't know yet if we have plans

Oct 15 08 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Mtz

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Me...

Oct 15 08 05:33 pm Link

Model

sigyn

Itasca, Illinois, US

if i can get someone to switch hours with me at work i would be more than happy to make an appearance for once to one of your lovely meet and greets. i should know for sure by tomorrow.

Oct 15 08 05:58 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Joe Mtz wrote:
Me...

Woooo!  Added smile

Oct 15 08 06:06 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

gothess81 wrote:
if i can get someone to switch hours with me at work i would be more than happy to make an appearance for once to one of your lovely meet and greets. i should know for sure by tomorrow.

That'd be awesome!! smile  :crosses fingers:

Oct 15 08 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Gallery By Hal wrote:
I don't have the wherewithal to print & post flyers, and it's a total mystery to me where I might post them to good advantage, but...

I took a bit of liberty with Caity's image, resized it & posted it to both my profiles below the thread link...

lol  You credited me for a silly flyer... you're so adorable, Hal.

Oct 15 08 07:07 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ill be there! smile
I have to go to a baby shower but thats at like 1pm so I should be able to make it!
-Deanna

Oct 15 08 07:45 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

You only have two models and like 4 photographers that are coming for sure?
Ill pass this around to some more people If you'd like.
-Deanna

Oct 15 08 07:46 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

I didnt read far enough :-p
Model and my MM # is #377063

Oct 15 08 07:48 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Deanna Deadly wrote:
I didnt read far enough :-p
Model and my MM # is #377063

Added smile

Oct 15 08 08:05 pm Link

Model

Lilly Moon

Los Angeles, California, US

For sure attending!

Name: Psycho Bitch

Model

MM #245019

Oct 15 08 09:34 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Psycho Bitch wrote:
For sure attending!

Name: Psycho Bitch

Model

MM #245019

Rock!  Added smile

Oct 15 08 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

SFMoe

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm coming wink

Name: SFMoe

Photographer

MM #752

Oct 16 08 12:01 am Link

Model

Bang Bang

Glendale Heights, Illinois, US

Hmm...I have work that night, but i might take it off because it's my friends birthday/ I'm in Chicago for the morning..
Should I go...?

I'll let you know wink

lol

Oct 16 08 01:21 am Link

Photographer

Jim Jurica

Schaumburg, Illinois, US

Rachel Jay wrote:
...Of course, you or anyone else who lives in the city is more than welcome to plan something of your own wink

I guess that would be November 1st, wouldn't it?

(if you have to ask, you'll never know)

Oct 16 08 02:13 am Link

Photographer

Red Chair Photography

Buffalo Grove, Illinois, US

I am beginning to believe that Rachel is psychic. Every date that was picked so far this year I had already booked with various commitments that couldn't be changed.

My friend is getting married on Oct. 25 and she will never forgive me if I don't show up.

Can't wait to see what I have committed to for the next M&G! =P

Oct 16 08 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Beatbox Jeebus

New York, New York, US

There like a mofo.

Name:Jeebus
Photographer

*pours glass of milk*

Oct 16 08 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Rachel invited me to come out. I'd love to but its a three hour drive from Michigan and I have a shoot the next morning. sad

However, I'll keep an eye on your shindigs and try to make it to another one. If I come out I want to have a shoot or two lined up as well smile

Oct 16 08 09:59 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Red Chair Photography wrote:
I am beginning to believe that Rachel is psychic. Every date that was picked so far this year I had already booked with various commitments that couldn't be changed.

My friend is getting married on Oct. 25 and she will never forgive me if I don't show up.

Can't wait to see what I have committed to for the next M&G! =P

LOL lol  I hope it's something exciting!! lol  Have fun at the wedding though! smile

And Jim, *I* have a wedding Nov 1st.  Of course. lol  But I think it's the last one for the year :does happy dance:

Oct 16 08 10:45 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

SFMoe & Jeebus added big_smile

Oct 16 08 10:46 am Link

Model

Maddin Mayotta

Corpus Christi, Texas, US

Alright Rachel you can add me... between all the offers i'm sure to get there lol... i think maybe we should have one person go to Metra and another go to the EL and also should probably put it in the main post so people can see without having to read every message to find out... Well Let me know if this happens and if not i'll contact someone for a ride lol...

Oct 16 08 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Nature Coast Lightworks

Tampa, Florida, US

Thanks for the invite! Unfortunately I will be out of town working up until the holidays. But please keep me in the "Loop" for future M&G events!

Thanks Again!

Oct 16 08 10:53 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Maddin Mayotta wrote:
Alright Rachel you can add me... between all the offers i'm sure to get there lol... i think maybe we should have one person go to Metra and another go to the EL and also should probably put it in the main post so people can see without having to read every message to find out... Well Let me know if this happens and if not i'll contact someone for a ride lol...

Ok, I'll add you.

I'm not going to have people waiting at the train stations though--that's not fair to them.  Let Hal or I know what your plans are and we'll work out getting you from the train.

Anyone else interested in taking Metra or the CTA should contact Hal or I as well, and we will arrange something.

I will add it to the main post.

Oct 16 08 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Caity B wrote:
lol  You credited me for a silly flyer... you're so adorable, Hal.

Credit where credit's due...  :-)

Oct 16 08 11:22 am Link

Model

Maddin Mayotta

Rachel Jay wrote:

Ok, I'll add you.

I'm not going to have people waiting at the train stations though--that's not fair to them.  Let Hal or I know what your plans are and we'll work out getting you from the train.

Anyone else interested in taking Metra or the CTA should contact Hal or I as well, and we will arrange something.

I will add it to the main post.

I didn't mean have them waiting but if there happens to be people coming from both it would be easier to have one go to one and the other to the other so the one person isn't driving all over the place.. wink

Oct 16 08 11:23 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Maddin Mayotta wrote:
I didn't mean have them waiting but if there happens to be people coming from both it would be easier to have one go to one and the other to the other so the one person isn't driving all over the place.. wink

Ahhh ok wink  That makes more sense then.

I added the info to post 1.

Get with Hal or I to exchange cell phone numbers and get your travel times to whoever so the person picking you up can be there when you get in smile

Oct 16 08 11:25 am Link

Model

Maddin Mayotta

Rachel Jay wrote:

Ahhh ok wink  That makes more sense then.

I added the info to post 1.

Get with Hal or I to exchange cell phone numbers and get your travel times to whoever so the person picking you up can be there when you get in smile

Alright... i'm pretty flexible so the times are that big of a deal... so i'll figure out which works best with you guys... smile

Oct 16 08 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Michael Skleney

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'll be there

I'll be bringing along Heliana (model), not a MM member (yet).

Anyone in the western suburbs who needs a ride, let me know.  I have a big gas guzzling suburban.

Mike
Mayhem #823392
Photographer

Oct 16 08 11:47 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Added Mike & the model he's bringing smile

Oct 16 08 11:55 am Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

Glad more people are coming smile

Oct 16 08 03:39 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I've been tagging people randomly, when I have the time.  Here's the tag I've been leaving (more or less... I try to change it and make it somewhat personal if I can), in case anyone else wants to tag people:

Hey!  You should come to the M&G in Mt. Prospect!  It's going to be a ton of fun!  More info can be found here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=358486

Hope to see you there!

And if you'd like to link it in your profile, use this code (remove the spaces after each [ to get it to work):

[ b][ url=http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=358486]Chicago 'Burbs M&G - Oct 25th - 7PM - Click here for more info![ /url][ /b]

This is what the above will look like: 
Chicago 'Burbs M&G - Oct 25th - 7PM - Click here for more info!

Oct 16 08 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Rachel Jay wrote:
I've been tagging people randomly, when I have the time.  Here's the tag I've been leaving (more or less... I try to change it and make it somewhat personal if I can), in case anyone else wants to tag people:

And if you'd like to link it in your profile, use this code (remove the spaces after each [ to get it to work):

[ b][ url=http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=358486]Chicago 'Burbs M&G - Oct 25th - 7PM - Click here for more info![ /url][ /b]

This is what the above will look like: 
Chicago 'Burbs M&G - Oct 25th - 7PM - Click here for more info!

Okay - I'll go change the link in my profiles...  :-)

Oct 16 08 04:17 pm Link