https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/3062325471_d99b46a45a_o.jpg

This is freaking awesome. GORGEOUS.

Nov 26 08 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

jCveraC

Richmond, Virginia, US

Ashley Marian wrote:

This is freaking awesome. GORGEOUS.

THANK YOU ASHLEY!!!!!  (I need a Tissue) SHE IS AWESOME, SO FRESH, SO EXPRESSIVE, SO TALENTED... DEFINITELY WAS GREAT WORK WITH HER.

Nov 26 08 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

pixel haute

Nice work JC! I would have another one done of Nikki but er... photoshop won not me this round : ) I'm close to trying the time tested method of smashing my face agaist the keyboard a few times and see if that fixes the problem.

Nov 26 08 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

jCveraC wrote:
One more from the event.... "LA BELLA NIKKI"

That's a keeper! :-)  An all around cool shot.

Nov 26 08 11:16 pm Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

RC Images wrote:
That's a keeper! :-)  An all around cool shot.

She was all over the place that day. She got LOTS of shoots in. But well deserved, she's gorgeous! I want to see kollins, and neils! I KNOW those will be amazing.

Nov 27 08 04:48 am Link

Photographer

Hermesz Fine Art

Westminster, Colorado, US

jCveraC wrote:

Oops... so probably will I have the same situation because I posted Pola's picture???? She doesn't sign a model release yet.. please, I need advices too.

Do what I did. Send her an off site link to the images. Let her decide.I do this whether I have a release or not. In this case, I did not because our session was cut short. I literally had 3 minutes with her before being called away.

John

Nov 27 08 05:00 am Link

Photographer

jCveraC

Richmond, Virginia, US

Hermesz Fine Art wrote:

Do what I did. Send her an off site link to the images. Let her decide.I do this whether I have a release or not. In this case, I did not because our session was cut short. I literally had 3 minutes with her before being called away.

John

Thank you so much John, I will wink

Nov 27 08 06:11 am Link

Model

Nicolette A

Richmond, Virginia, US

Great shot JC!!! I hope to shoot with you sometime :-)

Nov 27 08 06:17 am Link

Model

DanaBelle

Norfolk, Virginia, US

Peach Giant wrote:
https://www.design-source.net/ZOMBIESPART1_small2.jpg

this is what happens when models and photographers  are put together in the same photo....united at last smile as zombies...

thanks to everyone who participated!

This looks amazing!

Nov 27 08 07:01 am Link

Photographer

Images by mhiser

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

I haven't been to one of these in about 4 years .... you guys have produced some really great work from the meet and greet

I'm a bit slow at editing

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/3060014526_1f4865636b_o.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3152/3052442922_39c2327538_o.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/3051469377_6d402fc06a_o.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/3054665213_3959877736_o.jpg

I was thinking Norman Rockwell in the edit  ... but I know I didn't quite get it right

Model  - Julie & Felecia, Lily, Jude, and Stitch were great, thanks ladies

Nov 27 08 07:03 am Link

Photographer

pixel haute

jCveraC wrote:
Oops... so probably will I have the same situation because I posted Pola's picture???? She doesn't sign a model release yet.. please, I need advices too.

Hermesz Fine Art wrote:

John

I generaly send proofs by email of the better ones and let them give me feedback.

I guess if I someday recieve hatemail back which could happen haha I would respect thier wishes release or no. Its a trust thing. Commerical projects are another can of worms but I wouldn't think a MnG is the place to do those : )

As far as releases and MnGs...I would perfer to have one always but since its a meet and greet...shrug... I decided I would try to have fun and if I got to shoot great if not no biggy. Since I'm not into group shooting the same model at the same exact time and the studio scares me haha I knew I wouldn't get much done.

While I don't know if I would get invited to any planed meet haha I think if something like that was set up, break the ice about releases beforehand and rather than leave it vague "some do some don't" and have it be the norm rather than someone thinking they would be a kiljoy for asking.

Nov 27 08 07:27 am Link

Photographer

Jlphoto

Richmond, Virginia, US

DanaBelle wrote:

This looks amazing!

thank you thank you *bows* smile

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYBODY!

Nov 27 08 07:32 am Link

Photographer

LarsLarsen

Charlottesville, Virginia, US

E L Lorenz wrote:

I generaly send proofs by email of the better ones and let them give me feedback.

I guess if I someday recieve hatemail back which could happen haha I would respect thier wishes release or no. Its a trust thing. Commerical projects are another can of worms but I wouldn't think a MnG is the place to do those : )

As far as releases and MnGs...I would perfer to have one always but since its a meet and greet...shrug... I decided I would try to have fun and if I got to shoot great if not no biggy. Since I'm not into group shooting the same model and the studio scares me haha I knew I wouldn't get much done.

While I don't know if I would get invited to any planed meet haha I think if something like that was set up, break the ice about releases beforehand and rather than leave it vague "some do some don't" and have it be the norm rather than someone thinking they would be a kiljoy for asking.

Normally I'm a release nazi.  I brought a stack of releases,  but since we didn't have enough time I didn't get any signed.  Like you, even if I have a release I delete photos if the model demands I do.  Its not worth the trouble.  I wasn't too worried about it.

I don't think getting releases will prevent models from not liking the results from their shoot though.  It just means there will be less confusion about rights. 

I talked to a few models there who didn't have much (or any) experience and it was clear to me they didn't understand their rights or the photographer's rights.  So in that respect at least people will have a better understanding.  There's no accounting for taste though.  smile

Nov 27 08 07:51 am Link

Model

Stitch Asylum

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Hey, to those wanting to help plan the meet and greet at the bed and breakfast, I'm going to start a new thread here in Off Topic in a minute, just so we can keep things organized. This one will be for planning the event.

Alright, the planning thread for the meet and greet is located here:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=377223

Nov 27 08 07:52 am Link

Photographer

kollin bliss

San Francisco, California, US

jCveraC wrote:
One more from the event.... "LA BELLA NIKKI"

this came out fan-freakin-tastic smile - nice work!

Nov 27 08 09:33 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Happy Turkey Day everyone!  I loooooooove all the shots I've seen from the event big_smile

Great work everyone - keep it up - stay in touch - keep working together

Nov 27 08 12:18 pm Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! big_smile

Nov 27 08 02:00 pm Link

Model

Jeramy Junkie

Richmond, Virginia, US

The Infamous Mike H wrote:
*sigh* and to think i skipped out on the zombie shoot because i didnt bring my zombie costume. i didnt know i could be zombified digitally.

sad

I don't think he even told us we'd be digitally zombified, I just went with it. TAKE CHANCES MIKEY!

Nov 27 08 09:00 pm Link

Model

ArkmatX

Richmond, Virginia, US

The Infamous Mike H wrote:
*sigh* and to think i skipped out on the zombie shoot because i didnt bring my zombie costume. i didnt know i could be zombified digitally.

sad

shit succa.. could have asked me.. you know I roll ready to zombie at a drop..

Nov 27 08 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Narme Fotografia

Richmond, Virginia, US

LarsLarsen wrote:

Normally I'm a release nazi.  I brought a stack of releases,  but since we didn't have enough time I didn't get any signed.  Like you, even if I have a release I delete photos if the model demands I do.  Its not worth the trouble.  I wasn't too worried about it.

I don't think getting releases will prevent models from not liking the results from their shoot though.  It just means there will be less confusion about rights. 

I talked to a few models there who didn't have much (or any) experience and it was clear to me they didn't understand their rights or the photographer's rights.  So in that respect at least people will have a better understanding.  There's no accounting for taste though.  smile

I already apologized to Ashley in a few emails and I took down her one photo that I had up the night before and per her request deleted all the photos. Sorry I have a life and only check my e mails and my MM account once a day. I guess from everything that happen that day there was no clear organized format for anyone to follow. For a lot of people this was their first Meet and Greet and everyone looked at each other and did not know what to do or where we could go or not go. Granted I knew that I should have brought in the release form sitting in the back of my car, but I wasn’t planning on selling any of the images or using them for anything. My main objective was to exchange business cards. But I don’t mind getting dog out here, at least I had 29 people come visit my site before I could take down the pic that Ashley did not want up. So sorry and thanks all at the same time.

Nov 28 08 06:00 am Link

Photographer

Narme Fotografia

Richmond, Virginia, US

Hermesz Fine Art wrote:

John

Hey John do you think a release is in order if you send them the image and they use it in their on line MM port? I mean why would they be able to use the image and we can't? Just wanted to know.

Nov 28 08 06:12 am Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Narme Demha wrote:
I already apologized to Ashley in a few emails and I took down her one photo that I had up the night before and per her request deleted all the photos. Sorry I have a life and only check my e mails and my MM account once a day. I guess from everything that happen that day there was no clear organized format for anyone to follow. For a lot of people this was their first Meet and Greet and everyone looked at each other and did not know what to do or where we could go or not go. Granted I knew that I should have brought in the release form sitting in the back of my car, but I wasn’t planning on selling any of the images or using them for anything. My main objective was to exchange business cards. But I don’t mind getting dog out here, at least I had 29 people come visit my site before I could take down the pic that Ashley did not want up. So sorry and thanks all at the same time.

Thank You for deleting it.
I never used the image anywhere.

Nov 28 08 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Ashley, I understand your concern about your image.... but just to clarify, a photographer does not need your release to use your photo in a personal/private portfolio. You were at a social event, its going to happen. He WOULD need your release if he used the picture commercially. Anyways, the point is moot since it's been taken care of.

Nov 28 08 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Hermesz Fine Art

Narme Demha wrote:
Hey John do you think a release is in order if you send them the image and they use it in their on line MM port? I mean why would they be able to use the image and we can't? Just wanted to know.

Most models I have shot with a M&Gs normally do not have an issue with my posting their image from a shoot, release or not and I normally give them printable copies of images they want.

There are literally hundreds of threads here in MM dealing with Releases. The bottom line is, it is always best to have them, but they are not always necessary. (look at the various threads on the topic and you will gain a better understanding of the purpose and general requirements!) Additionally, even if I have a release, if a model requests that I take an image down, I respect their wishes.

From the M&G standpoint, I rarely get a release because I never go specifically to shoot and I know that there will not be images I will ever use commercially! I use these events strictly for networking. If I get a few shots I can possibly use to show other members my potential, I simply ask, as stated above, their permission to use them in my port. These images normally have a short lifespan because I am always trying to get work more for gallery exhibits and there is never enough time to set up to get the type images I need for these exhibits.

John

Nov 28 08 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Hermesz Fine Art

-ASYLUM- wrote:
Ashley, I understand your concern about your image.... but just to clarify, a photographer does not need your release to use your photo in a personal/private portfolio. You were at a social event, its going to happen. He WOULD need your release if he used the picture commercially. Anyways, the point is moot since it's been taken care of.

Exactly, and good PR by the photographer by abiding with the request of the model!

john

Nov 28 08 07:11 am Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

Thank You. smile  It's taken care of, but I must've been mistaken. I suppose I was under the impression that neither of us could do anything with the images without consulting the other first. Or I guess to me that's just good etiquette. I apologize to ikandi photos for any rudeness on my part. Thank you for handling it professionally.

So on to another topic! How's everyone's turnout looking? I love what I've seen from everyone so far.

Nov 28 08 07:39 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Ashley Marian wrote:

Thank You. smile  It's taken care of, but I must've been mistaken. I suppose I was under the impression that neither of us could do anything with the images without consulting the other first. Or I guess to me that's just good etiquette. I apologize to ikandi photos for any rudeness on my part. Thank you for handling it professionally.

So on to another topic! How's everyone's turnout looking? I love what I've seen from everyone so far.

Nope, it would just be good etiquette! Its just like your friends can take pictures of you at a party and throw them up on Facebook without asking (obviously a different scenario, but pretty much the same legality). Essentially, the photographer holds all rights the image unless an agreement is signed to the contrary. He can do whatever he pleases with the photo, up to commercial use without your permission.... although it'd be a dick move. lol

Nov 28 08 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Hermesz Fine Art wrote:

Exactly, and good PR by the photographer by abiding with the request of the model!

john

Very much indeed. smile

Nov 28 08 08:16 am Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

Nope, it would just be good etiquette! Its just like your friends can take pictures of you at a party and throw them up on Facebook without asking (obviously a different scenario, but pretty much the same legality). Essentially, the photographer holds all rights the image unless an agreement is signed to the contrary. He can do whatever he pleases with the photo, up to commercial use without your permission.... although it'd be a dick move. lol

lol ya think?
Well thanks for the info... I don't know, I just feel bad now, I'm not that kind of a person you know? I'm not that "diva"... I just didn't really feel they were flattering images, and I didn't want them posted.  ANYWAYS! Enough of my drama b.s. let's talk about something happy! How was everyone's thanksgiving? Can everyone still button their jeans? If so, shame! You're supposed to eat yourself into a food coma!

Nov 28 08 08:47 am Link

Model

Jeramy Junkie

Richmond, Virginia, US

Ashley Marian wrote:
How was everyone's thanksgiving? Can everyone still button their jeans? If so, shame! You're supposed to eat yourself into a food coma!

We're models, we're not allowed to do that! All of us are supposed to be sticks! Let the photographers and mua's have it all tongue Hahaha

Nov 28 08 09:29 am Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Jeramy Junkie wrote:

We're models, we're not allowed to do that! All of us are supposed to be sticks! Let the photographers and mua's have it all tongue Hahaha

Well whatever, I broke the rules. I'm a fatass, can't you tell? tongue hahah. JK.
I ate quite a bit...And was very happy about it.
Thank god for my metabolism being so great. When that slows down I'm going to be 800 lbs. 0_0

Nov 28 08 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Michael J

Rustburg, Virginia, US

I want to be the first to book that shoot. . .

(. . . waiting patiently now for Ashley to hit 800lbs)  smile

Nov 28 08 09:56 am Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Michael J wrote:
I want to be the first to book that shoot. . .

(. . . waiting patiently now for Ashley to hit 800lbs)  smile

tongue lol.

Nov 28 08 11:04 am Link

Photographer

kollin bliss

i shot this with the lovely ashley marian (you  may have heard of her wink ) ..

https://www.pbase.com/image/106464505/original.jpg

"Victorian Latte" ... feels appropriately holiday-themed to me smile

Nov 28 08 05:53 pm Link

Model

Ashley Amore

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

kollinbliss wrote:
i shot this with the lovely ashley marian (you  may have heard of her wink ) ..

https://www.pbase.com/image/106464505/original.jpg

"Victorian Latte" ... feels appropriately holiday-themed to me smile

I seriously freaking love this, AMAZING work Kollin!!!!!!!

Nov 28 08 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

jCveraC

Richmond, Virginia, US

Hi Guys, here another from POLA wink SHE'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO LUCKY TO WORK WITH HER OVER THERE.

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/3067789920_1fce326d92_o.jpg

Nov 28 08 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Good one's Kollin and JC.  I'm also glad to know I'm not the only who is still editing shots from the 22nd.  In a way its good the shoot ended early, else there would be no end to the editing.

Nov 29 08 02:58 am Link

Photographer

JSAPhotoArts

Leesburg, Virginia, US

Hi All - took a while to get the photos from the M&G together but here's what Nicolette and I shot.

https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081128/14/4930488e2bc43.jpg

I think these turned out well. Thanks again for the great event!

Jim B
JSAPhotoArts.com

Nov 29 08 07:18 am Link

Photographer

kollin bliss

RC Images wrote:
Good one's Kollin and JC.  I'm also glad to know I'm not the only who is still editing shots from the 22nd.  In a way its good the shoot ended early, else there would be no end to the editing.

haha, i still have 3 shoots from that to edit.  unfortunately real life keeps getting in the way. how dare it ! smile

Nov 29 08 07:41 am Link