Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Face moisturizer?

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

Aliso Viejo, California, US

So I figured the stylists (being the skin care divas they are smile ) would be best to ask about this.  I need a new face moisturizer!!  I had been using clinque's "Dramatically different moisturizing lotion," but lately, my skin has been really oily, and I'm finding that it's just making it worse.  So, what's a good moisturizer that will keep my skin looking supple, but not greasy? 

*oh, and uh...I want my non oily skin back...Ideas?*

Mar 21 06 12:08 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I dont know if this works but I have oily skin too but i like ponds daily moiturizer...i know i spelled that wrong...i like it because once you get it on your face it isnt heavy or makes your face feel greasy....its lite.....and leaves a clean look on your face....it come in the ponds lil white containter with a blue top

ohh sorry lol...im not a stylist lol

Mar 21 06 12:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Los Angeles, California, US

La Mer oil absorbing lotion- expensive, but sooooo worth every penny. (you can get samples on ebay- try seller strawberryapple her stuff is authentic...plus with la mer a little goes a long way)

Mar 21 06 12:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

Try Origins "Matte Scientist" which is best for Oily skin.  You can go here:

http://www.origins.com/templates/produc … ID=PROD155

My hubby uses it and he loves it (but shhh dont tell anyone that he moisturizes lol)

Mar 21 06 08:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

Naomi

New York, New York, US

For my shoots I use Benefit's Dr. Feelgood. Foundation glides on after that without being greasy or dry!

Mar 21 06 09:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

Naomi wrote:
For my shoots I use Benefit's Dr. Feelgood. Foundation glides on after that without being greasy or dry!

Really? I have yet to try my Dr. Feelgood...I always thought it looked too greasy...will play with. ^_^

Mar 21 06 09:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Pazza_x_Trucco wrote:

Really? I have yet to try my Dr. Feelgood...I always thought it looked too greasy...will play with. ^_^

Really? I hate the dr feelgood- and I wanted it for a long time before I got it. Smashbox primer is better- or velvet skincoat by dhc (for me).

Mar 21 06 01:08 pm Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

I have combination skin.  I've been using "Murad" for about 2 yrs now. Every once in a while I'll switch to something else but I always come back to Murad.  I like that it's very light on the skin. I use it before makeup is applied for a shoot and it's wonderful. I'm dating a Dermatologist and of course he says most moisturizers and "over the counter" facial wash is JUNK.  All I know is, Murad products work for me!!!!!!

Caroline

Mar 21 06 01:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Michael David Gallego

Pasadena, California, US

my favorite is pure shea butter.apply to a clean face,sponge off the best ev

Mar 21 06 01:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

There is a site called makeupalley.com that has reviews of just about every product you can think of- I usually consult it before major purchases. (and this site for my kit!)

Mar 21 06 01:24 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Anyone here seen NIP/TUCK last season? Will never look at spa moisturizers the same way again.

Mar 21 06 01:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Michael David Gallego wrote:
my favorite is pure shea butter.apply to a clean face,sponge off the best ev

Great answer- forgot all about that because it is such a staple!! I have a stick of pure shea butter in my kit and I can use it as moisturizer on all skin types (it is the best thing I've found for flakey skin or redness), I even use it under the eyes. It seems oily, but it seeps right in.
(I have the day off- and I'm spending it STILL talking about makeup...awe)

Mar 21 06 01:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Naomi

New York, New York, US

Jessica Steele wrote:

Really? I hate the dr feelgood- and I wanted it for a long time before I got it. Smashbox primer is better- or velvet skincoat by dhc (for me).

Just a little with a make-up sponge!

Mar 21 06 01:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Naomi wrote:

Just a little with a make-up sponge!

Everyone on makeupalley loves it- pretty much the same thoughts- once you learn to apply it correctly it's supposed to be a dream. I like my mistake proof, no brainer silicone primer though.

Mar 21 06 01:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

i am a fan of makeunder or laura mercier primer.

Mar 21 06 03:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

AE ARTIST

Megan_G wrote:
So I figured the stylists (being the skin care divas they are smile ) would be best to ask about this.  I need a new face moisturizer!!  I had been using clinque's "Dramatically different moisturizing lotion," but lately, my skin has been really oily, and I'm finding that it's just making it worse.  So, what's a good moisturizer that will keep my skin looking supple, but not greasy? 

*oh, and uh...I want my non oily skin back...Ideas?*

I bought a cream at Henry's Market since it had great stuff! It was around $29 and a great size (3 fl oz) It is called "skin care factors day firming treatment"

The moisturizer has alpa lipoic acid, DMAE Serum, AHA's, Q10, Grapeseed extract and more...I have been trying it as well since my skin is naturally oily/Combo to see if I like it for myself....I love it! it is beneficial to all skin types and have given samples to a few others to see what they think. It reduces pore size, scars, fine lines (so it says), feels light but it doesnt smell too great...which is the only thing I dont like!

La Mer is wonderful too as stated previously above.......my mother uses it and she has naturally oily skin (39 years old) but her skin is amazing!!!

For my clients, I usually use Napolean Perdis skin items.....The best line I used of skin care (primer, mattifier etc.) FYI...helps the skin be natural but not dry or oily looking...just healthy!

Sorry that I have went on and on.... smile

Mar 21 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

creagency

Englewood, New Jersey, US

noveya    -    noveya.com

all natural pomegranate facial cream  $26

best stuff in the world!

Mar 21 06 04:18 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Really, a dematologist is best qualified to answer this.  Mine actually said Oil of Olay was about the best thing I could use on my face (but I have dry skin). Go figure. The moral here it's not always going to be the priciest stuff that will work the best for you.

Mar 21 06 05:33 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:
Really, a dematologist is best qualified to answer this.  Mine actually said Oil of Olay was about the best thing I could use on my face (but I have dry skin). Go figure. The moral here it's not always going to be the priciest stuff that will work the best for you.

As a model not MUA(lol) , for myself ;good old fashion Ponds. My mom made me use it since I was 12.

BTW: what's up with that pic? Did you leave old Theda home? I love it !!!

Mar 21 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

Aliso Viejo, California, US

Thanks to everyone for the informative replies.  I'll have to give some of them a try!

Mar 22 06 12:40 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

I like the kiel's face fuel. It's supposed to be for guys but whatev. It has a nice cooly feel to it sops up the oil and leaves the skin nice and smooth.

Mar 22 06 01:26 am Link

Model

Chelsea Gilgore

Seattle, Washington, US

Oh well when I read this post I was going to say Clinique, what I use. But seeing that you don't like the stuff let me think. I've heard origins makes some good products. A lot of my friends use that brand.

Mar 22 06 01:42 am Link