Forums > Critique > Be Truthful

Model

dagreatmonty

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

I know these pics arent the quality as the others on MM, but for what they are, can I get some constructive critisim

Jul 04 05 08:11 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

First of all hello and thank you for serving our great country!
Second, I don't think it's fair for anyone to critique you when you haven't had a chance yet to work with a professional.
Personally, you look like a handsome, fit guy and I don't know about anybody else but I'd love to see some pictures of you as more of a subject than just part of a whole photograph.
Best of luck when you come back and you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to work with maybe for TFP/CD when you come home.

smile

-Jess

Jul 04 05 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

Posted by dagreatmonty: 
I know these pics arent the quality as the others on MM, but for what they are, can I get some constructive critisim

Let me be another member who thanks you for serving your country. Your hard work and sacrifice are not ignored nor forgotten by those of us back here in the States. 

Now, me speaking as a photographer, you are in a location that has some interesting places to shoot (photographically speaking). wink    These are fascinating places that are currently in the news, if you had a professional photographer, he/she could get some AWESOME portrait shots of you in your work environment.  You just need to get a pro photographer or at least a talented amateur to capture your image.  Right now I kinda envision the cool shots I'd like to do, with soldiers doing their work and having cool stuff in the background, like tanks and other military vehicles. 

Okay, if you want to get friends to shoot more pics, here are some simple rules.  (1) Emote, i.e. show some emotion in the shot.  Your military training is showing and that's a good thing ... when you're doing Drill and Ceremony ... BUT ... for all other pictures, you gotta break out of that "standing for inspection" posture.  (2) tell your photographer buddies to cut out the dead space above your head.  Get the feet or at least don't have so much dead space above your head.  (3) photograph YOU, not just a person standing in an area.  Hope this helps. 

Jul 05 05 03:34 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by dagreatmonty: 

If you don't mind, I'll comment only about your potential to do modeling, beginning first by pointing out your posture in this snapshot: https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … 60aab9c231

Don't slouch, or hunch your shoulders. Like it is for female models, it's the same for male models, i.e. chest out, chin up, shoulders back and aligned. Practice facial expressions using a mirror. If you don't have any training, schooling, coaching in regards to modeling, you can emulate the successful models you see in magazines by imitating what they do.

Hu-ah!

Jul 05 05 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by dagreatmonty: 

If you don't mind, I'll comment only about your potential to do modeling, beginning first by pointing out your posture in this snapshot: https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … 60aab9c231

Don't slouch, or hunch your shoulders. Like it is for female models, it's the same for male models, i.e. chest out, chin up, shoulders back and aligned. Practice facial expressions using a mirror. If you don't have any training, schooling, coaching in regards to modeling, you can emulate the successful models you see in magazines by imitating what they do.

Hu-ah!

I have to agree totally

Joe you sound like a D.I
I drill this into all of my Students..Friends..Passerbys on the street...Everyone i come in contact with..know them or not!!
I may be a little obsesive but i do get the point across..

Nice to see someone else notices !  (:---

Jul 05 05 03:56 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Hugh  Jorgen: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by dagreatmonty: 

Hu-ah!

I have to agree totally

Joe you sound like a D.I
I drill this into all of my Students..Friends..Passerbys on the street...Everyone i come in contact with..know them or not!!
I may be a little obsesive but i do get the point across..

Nice to see someone else notices !  (:---

A D.I.? Naw. I could've gone to D.I. school after my enlistment, but I passed. I did, however, attend boot camp twice. Lol. Once for the reserves and then again when I went regular Army. Believe it, or not, funner the second time around. The D.I.'s I had were very good in the Leadership department, their style of coaching and training was very influential to me as a 17-year-old kid. They shaped my character pretty much. The were like older bros I never had and always wished I had.

Jul 05 05 04:47 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

What happened to your other pictures?

You had more to start with,  why take them down?  You even took down the image of you with the dog.   Blastfamy.

I have issues with the presentation of your images now.  I do not get it.

Jul 05 05 08:27 am Link

Photographer

StudioGuru

Swindon, England, United Kingdom

Great advice so far, there might be a budding model in their somewhere but it will help if you can make firends with some that has a camera and knows how to use it and knows how to direct a novice model.  Seeing as that wont happen unless you come across Aladins Lamp and you get 3 wishes I suggest you book up with a pro studio when you are home.

Jul 05 05 08:43 am Link

Jul 05 05 10:25 am Link