Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > President Bush and the Mental Patient

Photographer

Lee-Bonaventure

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

A recent news item...where an Illinois mental patient criticized our President, and actually said he wanted to castrate Mr. Bush...I hope this is the beginning of teaching the Bush haters once and for all:  There's a war on, and they better watch what they say.

The tax cuts worked, the economy is booming, the terrorists in Iraq are in their last throes, and America is finally heading back to the Christian roots of its forefathers. 

Who else but a mental patient (or a mental patient wanna be) would say "[i] want to castrate Bush," and "[that's] not too harsh, considering what he has done to my country.  If not that, maybe something else."

Apr 08 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Little Yoshi Photo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

This was a news item?  Slow day for reporters in Illinois?

It sure would be nice to go back to the Christianity of our forefathers.  In particular, that of Thomas Jefferson, who advocated the morality of Jesus while discounting his divinity.

Apr 08 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Joshua Gottesman

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

This is just one of those things not even worth arguing.  Lee believes what he believes, and no amount of shouting is going to change that, so more power to him.  I don't agree with his assessment, and more power to me, too.

Apr 08 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Lee-Bonaventure

Joshua Gottesman wrote:
This is just one of those things not even worth arguing.  Lee believes what he believes, and no amount of shouting is going to change that, so more power to him.  I don't agree with his assessment, and more power to me, too.

The news item reminded me of how they once filled the insane asylums in the Soviet Union.  The Soviet system was so perfect, that for a person to find fault, they MUST have been insane. Off they were hauled.

To the kool aid drinking republicans, George W. is so perfect, a man would have to be crazy to think that he did things which hurt this country, or to think that he deserved to be castrated.

The internet postings come across as being very flat, so I apologize to anyone who  didn't realize I was being sarcastic.

Apr 08 06 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Little Yoshi Photo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
The internet postings come across as being very flat, so I apologize to anyone who  didn't realize I was being sarcastic.

Yeah, it can be tough to tell on a message board.  I'm sure there are people here who would've posted the exact same thing, sans sarcasm.  wink

Apr 08 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

I know I'm just supposed to be takin' pitchers, but

I'D CASTRATE BUSH -

I just need someone to hold him...

Apr 08 06 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

ELITE Model Shots

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

James Graham wrote:

I'D CASTRATE BUSH -

Cheers to that!

Apr 08 06 10:20 pm Link

Model

Shannon Scot Seddon

New York, New York, US

James Graham wrote:

I'D CASTRATE BUSH -

thats cause you need his balls for yourself....lol

Apr 09 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
A recent news item...where an Illinois mental patient criticized our President, and actually said he wanted to castrate Mr. Bush...I hope this is the beginning of teaching the Bush haters once and for all:  There's a war on, and they better watch what they say.

The tax cuts worked, the economy is booming, the terrorists in Iraq are in their last throes, and America is finally heading back to the Christian roots of its forefathers. 

Who else but a mental patient (or a mental patient wanna be) would say "[i] want to castrate Bush," and "[that's] not too harsh, considering what he has done to my country.  If not that, maybe something else."

I just have five things to say:

Thirty-Six Percent Approval Rating.

Apr 09 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
The tax cuts worked, the economy is booming,

Tax cuts worked for the rich.  The economy has record deficits & record national debt.  The national debt is approaching $9,000,000,000,000.00  --  that's roughly the equivalent of putting a $30,000 charge on your credit card for every citizen in the country.  Explain yourself -- how did the cuts work, and why do you think the economy is booming?

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
the terrorists in Iraq are in their last throes,

Who says?  Is Iraq stable?  How many people were killed in their unofficial civil war this week?

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
and America is finally heading back to the Christian roots of its forefathers.

The forefathers who separated church & state, making this country a welcoming place for people of any & all faith? 

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:

Not all people who oppose Bush are mental patients, nor do they want to castrate Bush.  Some of us just want a leader who listens, acts without hypocrisy, is financially capable, and is intelligent enough to think through his actions.

Apr 09 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Lee-Bonaventure

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Some of us just want a leader who listens, acts without hypocrisy, is financially capable, and is intelligent enough to think through his actions.

Well, the rest of us will vote for anyone, no matter how stupid or dishonest, as long as we won't have to see men kissing each other.

Pretending to be a VALUE'S VOTER this week,

Lee

Apr 09 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Joshua Gottesman

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
I just have five things to say:

Thirty-Six Percent Approval Rating.

Actually, I think you're saying one thing...you're saying five words.  Of course, words are things, so maybe you are saying five things.

Ah, fuck it...I'm going to watch King of the Hill and The Simpsons.

Apr 09 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
Well, the rest of us will vote for anyone, no matter how stupid or dishonest, as long as we won't have to see men kissing each other.

My theory:  since the 1960s (when TVs became pervasive), the better looking Presidental candidate has alway won.

Apr 09 06 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:

The mental patient aside, 'the tax cuts worked?" - since when?  They didn't work under Reagan and the didn't work under Bush Lite - I mean, six years for economic policy to work? Get real.  The cuts were cute and like all economic cycles the economy is finally back to where it was six years ago regardless of the cuts.

While I'm on this subject, what happened to the surplus we had finally reached?

Christian roots? We left England because of 'Christian roots."  The Constitution and case law seperates our 'Christian Roots' from government for a very good reason - they're two different thing. Go pray on Sunday; believe in the Creation Theory of the creation of the universe, but don't go blending it with our political system.  George has enough scandle on his hands now to deal with supernatural believe.

Finally, all the 'terrorists' in Iraq are just waiting until we leave and we get to watch the Middle East become unstable again.

Tim

Apr 10 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Christian roots enslaved blacks, took women through suffrage, and is accountable for the murders of many gay and minority people over the course of our history.  As we strayed away from our Christian roots, people became more accepting of other lifestyles.  Blacks and women were allowed to vote.  Interracial couples can walk down the street with relatively any fear and gays can exist relatively peacefully (though they still have a ways to go).

Yes let's take all that away and get back to Christian roots.  YAY roots!

Apr 10 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:

Tell the mental patient I will hold him down for him...

Apr 10 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:

My theory:  since the 1960s (when TVs became pervasive), the better looking Presidental candidate has alway won.

So true, except how do you explain Bush? wink

Apr 10 06 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:
Christian roots enslaved blacks, took women through suffrage, and is accountable for the murders of many gay and minority people over the course of our history.  As we strayed away from our Christian roots, people became more accepting of other lifestyles.  Blacks and women were allowed to vote.  Interracial couples can walk down the street with relatively any fear and gays can exist relatively peacefully (though they still have a ways to go).

Yes let's take all that away and get back to Christian roots.  YAY roots!

Interesting correlations!

Makes sense to me...

Apr 10 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jimmy Mayfield

Wake Forest, North Carolina, US

Tim Baker wrote:

So true, except how do you explain Bush? wink

Easy ... Bush DIDN'T win ... the election was totally rigged ... both times!

Apr 10 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Lee-Bonaventure

The key message I had was the resemblance to the Soviet model of the 50's onward...if someone critcized the State or it's leaders, they had to be crazy.  Why else couldn't they recognize the workers' paradise.

So I thought, here we go, everything is so honkin' perfect with Bush (which is what the KoolAid(tm) drinkers say) that we're not only Unpatriot, but outright mental.

Sorry if my sarcasm came across too flat to be recognized.

: )

Apr 11 06 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Lee-Bonaventure1 wrote:
The key message I had was the resemblance to the Soviet model of the 50's onward...if someone critcized the State or it's leaders, they had to be crazy.  Why else couldn't they recognize the workers' paradise.

So I thought, here we go, everything is so honkin' perfect with Bush (which is what the KoolAid(tm) drinkers say) that we're not only Unpatriot, but outright mental.

Sorry if my sarcasm came across too flat to be recognized.

: )

Well I didn't realize you were being sarcastic in the original post either, you just sounded exactly like another one of the waaaaay too many moronic freaks we already have posting here. However what boggles the mind is that your clear declaration in plain English that you were actually being sarcastic hasn't been recognized by most of the subsequent responders!

Apr 11 06 06:01 pm Link