Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > United93 movie

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Too soon? Your thoughts?  (please dont turn this into a god thread)

Apr 09 06 11:53 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Most NY people think it is offensive to be showing the previews as presented so soon.

The previews come with no warning.

There are many still dealing with post tramadic syndrome in this city.

but of course how do the local news stations illustrate this issue?

By showing clips of the worst sceens without notice.

Hello.  Anyone home upstairs?

People are still hurting.

Apr 10 06 12:42 am Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

thats really sad actually.

Apr 10 06 07:02 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

bgcfoto wrote:
Too soon? Your thoughts?  (please dont turn this into a god thread)

Yes, that is what I thought.  Too soon.  But, then I found out that they got permission from EVERY family before they filmed it.  So I support the movie being made.  I personally think it is too soon.  Just like FX making a TV series about the war while the war is going on.  That is poor taste and they got what they deserved...canceled!!!!!

To be clear, I fully support any artistic endevor into 9/11.  Even and especially if I disagree with it.  But good taste and a modest amount of sensitivity should be used while the wound is still open.

Apr 10 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Rage Photographics

Irving, Illinois, US

bencook2 wrote:

Yes, that is what I thought.  Too soon.  But, then I found out that they got permission from EVERY family before they filmed it.  So I support the movie being made.  I personally think it is too soon.  Just like FX making a TV series about the war while the war is going on.  That is poor taste and they got what they deserved...canceled!!!!!

To be clear, I fully support any artistic endevor into 9/11.  Even and especially if I disagree with it.  But good taste and a modest amount of sensitivity should be used while the wound is still open.

Much too soon.  I think it should just be left alone for the time being.

Apr 10 06 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm not sure I follow the entire "while the wound is still open" thought process. Clear away the magnitude of the events of that day and the common denominator is people losing loved ones. This happens every day...some by natural causes, some by unfortunate car accidents, some by public shootings, some due to the effects of disastrous storms...do we stop showing footage of all these events "without warning" too because somewhere someone is still coming to grips with their reality? These people normally don't have the privilege of having their situation kept from the newspaper or courtroom on a near-daily basis.

Not to discount the sympathy and concern that should be default to people who have lost someone they care about, but closure for the 9/11 casualties should have been arrived at a while ago.

Apr 10 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

World War II movies were made while that war was going on. Ditto for Vietnam.

Frankly, in an MTV-era of attention span and pop emotionalism, I'm surprised it's taken this long. (Actually, are we now past the "MTV era"?)

Apr 10 06 02:56 pm Link