Forums > Critique > ART/STREET PHOTOGRAPHY. FEEDBACK NEEDED

Photographer

jinu

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

need feedback for a few of my photos. they can be viewed in my profile.

Jul 05 05 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

ok, I'm not really seeing the street in your street photography.

As to your shots....

none of the car shots excite me
model and wedding shots don't seem in focus
I don't care about the starbucks cup or the door with grafitti park hours shot

Work I do like...
backlit glare portrait, angled graduation, drugs, smoking dudes, sleeping dude, row of lockers, feet.

So back to the street photography part...remember it's about telling a story in a single frame.  you have elements in some of your work but you have to go like 200% further.  one way you can practice this is by going to an event and trying to capture the essence of it in parts.  Check out http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/Albums/c … /index.htm
Each shot is not only luscious, but it says something.

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/home.html is home to John Brownlow (Johnny Deadman) producer.   Check out section devoted to street photography but others as well (documentary etc).   

Street photography is really hard.   You aren't protected by being a PJ, you don't have a studio with tons of assistants to hide behind, it's just you.  Check out those other sites, get inspired, get CLOSE to your subjects, don't be self-conscious and really start to tell stories! 

Jul 06 05 01:44 am Link

Model

Carlie Lawson

Longtown, Oklahoma, US

Honestly, I consider most of your photographs art genre, not street. But you've got talent as an art photographer. I think of street photography as man on the street/as it happens. Your shots look posed. I think the locker shot is your best. I also like the close up of the tree limbs, but I wish something was going on behind it like some lightning or such, to lend it more of a voyeuristic feel, like I'm peeking through the branches to see something I shouldn't. I look forward to you posting more photos.

Chrissie

Jul 06 05 09:43 am Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

the most interesting shot by a mile is the one with the pills.
it has some abstract qualities to it and is composed well.
my overall advice would be to focus on composition-and more interesting SUBJECT matter.
we've all seen "doors", so if you are going to shoot them-try a new persepective on it.
my "two cents" for the day.

Jul 06 05 09:47 am Link