Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Post Here: Civilians with hair/make-up questions

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Post Here: for civilians with hair/make-up questions

Hopefully eventually this thread, or a thread like it (if a mod wants to start their own thread that is fine) can be stickied to the top of the forum. This is the thread to ask questions about how to do specific make-up looks, or how you should change your hair or make-up.

This thread is for non professionals to ask for the professionals advice.

Some questions you might post here and get answers to:

1. How do I do ____ hair style/make-up for ____ shoot?

2. What color hair should i try?

3. What haircut would look good on me?

4. Where can I find this/that product?

Please remember that this forum is used generally by mua, hairstylists, and wardrobe stylists to discuss information and techniques particular to their industry. Most if not all of the contributers are professionals at their job. Please understand that the best way to get an answer to a question on MM is to have a fully fleshed out question with many examples of what you are asking.

Example of a good question:
I am currently an ash blond actress with shoulder length hair cut in this style (insert photo here). I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and dyed to this color strawberry blond (insert photo) and was thinking of doing one of these three cuts (insert photos here). Does anyone have any advice on how this might look on me and if my normally thin straight hair can be made into this type of cut?

Example of a bad question

So I am totally down to do like a major change with my look, what should i do?

The important difference in the two questions is the amount of time you expect the respondent to put into your answer. Asking people to look something up in order to give you free advice, in a field they are generally paid for will most likely result in very little impute from the other people in this forum.

Remember, you are asking for their help, you want to make it as easy as possible for them to have the ability and inclination to help you.

Mar 01 09 11:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aeni

Phoenix, Arizona, US

We also don't get a lot of traffic here, so please be patient in case we don't respond within an hour or more.

Mar 02 09 12:30 am Link

Model

Darling Kyttie

Fremont, California, US

Question - Hair

I've been thinking about putting some extensions into my hair for some time now... I'd really like to have my hair braided and have the extensions sewn into them as I hear this is the best and healthiest option for you hair and will allow a more natural look along with it being easier to manage and makes your hair fuller. So my questions are...

1. How do I get this beautiful hair? [I know this picture came from MM, and I'm so embarassed to say that I don't remember where I'd gotten it from!] I'm not focusing on the bangs as I already know I don't do well with them; just asking about the general look and length.

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/Darling_Kyttie/Hearts.jpg

2. About how much should this cost me to maintain? [Just looking for a general budget so I know how much to save before I walk into a shop.]

3. Anything else I might need to know? :]

Thank you in advance!

Mar 02 09 01:22 am Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

Darling Kyttie wrote:
Question - Hair

I've been thinking about putting some extensions into my hair for some time now... I'd really like to have my hair braided and have the extensions sewn into them as I hear this is the best and healthiest option for you hair and will allow a more natural look along with it being easier to manage and makes your hair fuller. So my questions are...

1. How do I get this beautiful hair? [I know this picture came from MM, and I'm so embarassed to say that I don't remember where I'd gotten it from!] I'm not focusing on the bangs as I already know I don't do well with them; just asking about the general look and length.

2. About how much should this cost me to maintain? [Just looking for a general budget so I know how much to save before I walk into a shop.]

Thank you in advance!

Hair that length will probably have to be specially ordered (looks like 28", which is usually not carried by local beauty stores, as it's longer than people usually go),  so it's going to cost a pretty penny. Probably at least 175 dollars, just for the hair. As far as maintenance, you'll probably find it necessary to get them rebraided and sewn every 6 to 8 weeks, though I recommend people do it every month, because, with too much slack in the braid, it will start to pull hair out by the roots. Make sure you find someone that has experience with this method, not every stylist is trained in it. Getting it rebraided can cost anywhere from 20 bucks up to a hundred or more, depending on where you go.

P.S. Good idea, Star.

Mar 02 09 08:24 am Link

Model

PKA

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi there,

I know I'm not a professional but just thought I'd add that braiding and sewing extensions in can pull on your own hair and cause breakage and pull the hair out...personally, I prefer the micro-rings method as there is zero glue and your natural hair still grows without discomfort. When I took mine out after the summer my natural hair was still very healthy...
It cost me around £200, so just under $400...more expensive than other methods, but I prefer it.
Also, make sure you use Grade A Remy or equivalent hair...there's nothing worse than getting hair that turns a bit rat-tailed :S
Hope this helps!

Mar 02 09 11:24 am Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

PKA wrote:
Hi there,

I know I'm not a professional but just thought I'd add that braiding and sewing extensions in can pull on your own hair and cause breakage and pull the hair out...personally, I prefer the micro-rings method as there is zero glue and your natural hair still grows without discomfort. When I took mine out after the summer my natural hair was still very healthy...
It cost me around £200, so just under $400...more expensive than other methods, but I prefer it.
Also, make sure you use Grade A Remy or equivalent hair...there's nothing worse than getting hair that turns a bit rat-tailed :S
Hope this helps!

Actually, the cornrows with extensions sewn on is the safest. The tension from the weight and pulling during styling is spread out across a wider area, resulting in less focal strain on the hair follicle. All the hair that comes out when the cornrow is removed (the reason most people think it break your hair) is actually hair that would have naturally fallen out over a 6 week period all coming out at once because it it trapped in the braid.

Mar 02 09 01:29 pm Link

Model

Darling Kyttie

Fremont, California, US

Alexander Tome wrote:
Hair that length will probably have to be specially ordered (looks like 28", which is usually not carried by local beauty stores, as it's longer than people usually go),  so it's going to cost a pretty penny. Probably at least 175 dollars, just for the hair. As far as maintenance, you'll probably find it necessary to get them rebraided and sewn every 6 to 8 weeks, though I recommend people do it every month, because, with too much slack in the braid, it will start to pull hair out by the roots. Make sure you find someone that has experience with this method, not every stylist is trained in it. Getting it rebraided can cost anywhere from 20 bucks up to a hundred or more, depending on where you go.

Would it make a huge difference if I'm extremely short? I'm barely over 5ft tall. tongue

With maintenance, I'd be paying at least 175 for the hair, 20-100 for the braiding, but what about actually having it sewn in? Or would that be included in the braiding?

Thank you so much for your reply btw. smile This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

Mar 02 09 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

S de Varax

very good idea Star.
Also would any of the regulars in this forum want to open/host a thread in the critique forum? Occasionally there are new MUAs for example looking to get critiques but few photographers and models know enough to give them proper comments, so it might be a good idea if someone from here (or a group) set up a thread to critique specifically on hair, makeup and styling just like what Lady Sweetface did with her Plus Models thread.

Mar 02 09 11:14 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

Darling Kyttie wrote:
Would it make a huge difference if I'm extremely short? I'm barely over 5ft tall. tongue

With maintenance, I'd be paying at least 175 for the hair, 20-100 for the braiding, but what about actually having it sewn in? Or would that be included in the braiding?

Thank you so much for your reply btw. smile This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

You're welcome. smile

Since you're short, you may be able to get away with 24" or 22". The sewing in would be included in the braiding.  I should just add that the whole installation process goes by the hour, usually.

Mar 02 09 11:17 pm Link

Model

Lea Halliwell

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Darling Kyttie wrote:

I'm just replying to her first question... kinda.  I have very long hair & I'm barely over 5 feet tall.  Why would it make a difference?  (I'm not being sarcastic - I actually wanna know.)

Mar 02 09 11:20 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

Lea Halliwell wrote:
I'm just replying to her first question... kinda.  I have very long hair & I'm barely over 5 feet tall.  Why would it make a difference?  (I'm not being sarcastic - I actually wanna know.)

She was wondering about the length of the extensions, I'm pretty certain.

Mar 02 09 11:22 pm Link

Model

Lea Halliwell

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Alexander Tome wrote:

She was wondering about the length of the extensions, I pretty certain.

Ah.  I kinda figured that after I posted it but was too lazy to go back & change it.  lol

Mar 02 09 11:25 pm Link

Model

Darling Kyttie

Fremont, California, US

Alexander Tome wrote:
You're welcome. smile

Since you're short, you may be able to get away with 24" or 22". The sewing in would be included in the braiding.  I should just add that the whole installation process goes by the hour, usually.

Oh! How long does the whole installation process usually take?

Sorry to ask you so many questions, but you're just way helpful and I felt silly looking through all the FAQs. >

Mar 02 09 11:39 pm Link

Model

Darling Kyttie

Fremont, California, US

Lea Halliwell wrote:

Alexander Tome wrote:
She was wondering about the length of the extensions, I'm pretty certain.

That's exactly right. smile

Mar 02 09 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Darling Kyttie wrote:

Lea Halliwell wrote:

That's exactly right. smile

I'm glad you were able to get the answers to your question

Mar 03 09 12:07 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

Darling Kyttie wrote:
Oh! How long does the whole installation process usually take?

Sorry to ask you so many questions, but you're just way helpful and I felt silly looking through all the FAQs. >

Mar 03 09 12:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aziza Walker

New York, New York, US

S de Varax wrote:
very good idea Star.
Also would any of the regulars in this forum want to open/host a thread in the critique forum? Occasionally there are new MUAs for example looking to get critiques but few photographers and models know enough to give them proper comments, so it might be a good idea if someone from here (or a group) set up a thread to critique specifically on hair, makeup and styling just like what Lady Sweetface did with her Plus Models thread.

There's a thread of this nature floating around here somewhere.

Mar 03 09 12:28 pm Link

Model

PKA

Alexander Tome wrote:

Actually, the cornrows with extensions sewn on is the safest. The tension from the weight and pulling during styling is spread out across a wider area, resulting in less focal strain on the hair follicle. All the hair that comes out when the cornrow is removed (the reason most people think it break your hair) is actually hair that would have naturally fallen out over a 6 week period all coming out at once because it it trapped in the braid.

Oh right, mine were probably done wrong then cause it's like i had a constant dull headache and my hair was getting ripped out :S

Mar 03 09 12:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LB Benson

Aziza Walker wrote:

There's a thread of this nature floating around here somewhere.

I need to find it. I've been wanting to post for critique but I'm really only interested in feedback from fellow MUAs. I'm gonna go hit plastic puppet.

[BTW, great call on this thread.]

Mar 03 09 01:12 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

PKA wrote:
Oh right, mine were probably done wrong then cause it's like i had a constant dull headache and my hair was getting ripped out :S

They were probably braided wayyyyyyy too tight. Some stylists think that makes them last longer, but, in actuality, it only really adds a day or two of actual viability to the braid.

Mar 03 09 01:18 pm Link

Model

Abby Hawkins

Boston, Massachusetts, US

What type of bangs would work for me, or should I grow them out?

I current have bangs that are cut at eyebrow length straight across and then parted at the side.  Keep, change...what would work best with my face?

Some pictures that kind of show off my face:
https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080626/13/4863ce45c4acf_m.jpg (I have the sidebangs here, only they were starting to grow out) | https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080917/15/48d15b341f0b6_m.jpg (to get a better idea of how my forehead is, perhaps?) | https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090125/17/497d0f7da8b0b_m.jpg

Mar 03 09 01:23 pm Link

Model

Darling Kyttie

Fremont, California, US

Alexander Tome wrote:
Well, it depends on how much you have installed, and how fast the stylist is. It can take an hour, or it can take five. You'd have to consult with the stylist to really find out for sure.

Excellent. Thank you so much for all your help! I really do appreciate it. smile

Mar 03 09 03:14 pm Link

Hair Stylist

A J T

Brooklyn, New York, US

Abby Hawkins wrote:

Grow them out, or style them straight down, just stop styling them the way you are now. the blocky thing pulled to the side just makes you look frumpy, and you have such a pretty face.

Mar 03 09 05:23 pm Link

Retoucher

Star the retoucher

Mar 06 09 12:32 pm Link

Model

Rebecca Marie

Sacramento, California, US

Hey hey hey =]

I have a question... it involves my hair so imma ask here instead of making another thread..

This is what it looks like now:

https://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j126/bexa712/Meh-1-1.jpg

=[

Why the sad face?? I have front bangs that are almost covering both of my eyes..

1) What can I do to make the catch up to my hair ( My hair is at my colar bone I wear extension and I have already been takin pre-natals and they wont budge)

2) What can I do with them while they are in the awkward grow out phase?

Thank you to any body who helps!

Rebecca

Mar 06 09 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeEdge

first off. that model in the pic has to have extensions.

Mar 06 09 02:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

Another question - hair

https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090212/20/4994f9b989ac3.jpg

That is me now, my hair is very boring (somewhat pulled up, it only goes down to my shoulders) and I was thinking of getting a much different cut, and maybe go with some heavy bangs:

https://hairbrained.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/rachel-mcadams-hair-latest-hairstyles-com.jpg

as well as darken the brown a bit and add a chunk of vibrant colour (maybe violet). Would I be better off doing one or the other? or could I manage both with an assymetrical cut?
I'd love to walk in to my stylists with a definite plan, but I always manage to muddle what I want and not be clear.
Oops!

Thanks in advance everyone!

(This is a fantastic thread idea btw)

Mar 06 09 04:24 pm Link

Model

ElleV

San Antonio, Texas, US

How do I get more volume in my hair?  Its very long and flat.  sad

Mar 06 09 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Star

bump

Mar 28 09 08:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

ElleV wrote:
How do I get more volume in my hair?  Its very long and flat.  sad

volumizing shampoos and conditioners will help. But you will need to dedicate more time in getting ready to get more volume. Putting your hair in big curlers and then spray your hair with root lifter. or tease the hair at the root.

Exactly what type of volume would you like? I have wicked long hair and getting volume is rough - I shampoo with volumizing shampoo (I buy Garnier Fructis) then only put conditioner on my hair from my ponytail down (not on my scalp) because I have naturally oily hair.. Then I put it in rollers after its dry. I tease a little on the top and bam I look like anna nicole. lol

Mar 28 09 08:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

Asha H wrote:
Another question - hair

https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090212/20/4994f9b989ac3.jpg

That is me now, my hair is very boring (somewhat pulled up, it only goes down to my shoulders) and I was thinking of getting a much different cut, and maybe go with some heavy bangs:

https://hairbrained.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/rachel-mcadams-hair-latest-hairstyles-com.jpg

as well as darken the brown a bit and add a chunk of vibrant colour (maybe violet). Would I be better off doing one or the other? or could I manage both with an assymetrical cut?
I'd love to walk in to my stylists with a definite plan, but I always manage to muddle what I want and not be clear.
Oops!

Thanks in advance everyone!

(This is a fantastic thread idea btw)

I would do the cut first and then if you need more change go in for the color a few weeks later... to much change can be bad and honestly I wouldnt color your hair a crazy color if you want to do commercial modeling... your look is very commercial in the pic you posted here.

Mar 28 09 08:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I totally agree here.  You can always purchase colored clip in extentions and thin them if you need to to fit your hair texture.  You are so beautiful, I wouldn't change much at all. 

MelodyMoher wrote:

I would do the cut first and then if you need more change go in for the color a few weeks later... to much change can be bad and honestly I wouldnt color your hair a crazy color if you want to do commercial modeling... your look is very commercial in the pic you posted here.

Mar 28 09 12:12 pm Link

Model

Dreach-Fhoula

Lawrence, Kansas, US

joins in the bandwagon [sorry so long but giving what details and extra i can]
*mostly copy and paste from the thread i made a day or so ago*
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … age=1#last

So i Have been trying to figure how to cover the fiasco that is currently my hair.

I ATTEMPTED to do a Cruella style in red and black... went to walmart but couldnt find my normal brand so i went with one i thought would be good. WRONG stupid me got the herbal essences to go over my dyed black hair... this brand only took at the root and this was some bright red [disco queen or something like that]

my face at diff angles [that i have]
[not how my hair looks i havent been able to load pictures of myself in a while.. computer hates me]
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080726/04/488adda192f58_m.jpghttps://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080612/02/4850c8c295a37_m.jpghttps://img6.modelmayhem.com/070216/14/45d60a7b4dc5c_m.jpg

ANYWAY...

I am trying to decide how i want my hair now and have 3 styles, and 4-5 colors with black. I can't decide to save my life, my roots are driving me bonkers, and i get bored with simple hair and ill be wanting to change it within a week [you can only style one color hair so many ways; eventually it looks all the same]

attempt again with cruella?
-too many people i know have this and i dont wanna be known as 'copying' them [i used to be friends with them]

go 3rds to where the sides of my head will be whatever color?
-I'll be tempted to get an 'obesehawk' [mohawk just wider] and id have my side burns and another strip black on each side and whatever color middle of the black as highlights.

like this: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c … D=47875983
- i might style my hair the same way but bangs drive me batty witht he grow out, even with clips. but it has been a while.

Now for colors [can be other brands but i like manic panic and it gives color ideas]

Infra Red http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … rared.html
-i LOVE the fade out
Pillarbox Red http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … oxred.html
-nice and bright
Rock 'n' Roll Red http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … llred.html
-toned down bright red
Enchanted Forest http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … orest.html
-reminds me of when my hair was blue adn faded green at the ends i loved it
Green Envy http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … nenvy.html
-another shade that faded into my hair big_smile

i was also thinking so shade of blue... but ive done it before back in my 3rd year of highschool [after midnight blue http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … tblue.html ]... but if anyone thinks blue would be good then im more than happy to try it again

http://www.manicpanic.com/best_of_best.html

Sorry for it to be so long but i wanted to give my best details.

Yes, i am trying to stand out. What makes things fun, and make modeling more interesting.
-----------------------------------------------
OH and whats the best idea to go over dyed black hair... ive done it before with some weaker blach and went to a BRIGHT orange [roots were white though >.< not using that brand again]

best bleach you can name?
i'm sure it does but at least it faded to a pretty red orange fire color 

BUT i WILL keep that in mind cause fading is almost as annoying as my hair taunting my under my bandana

but yeah .. hair bugging me... bad. ive been wearing my bandana just to cover my roots and it peaks and taunts me
grr
[contemplating going 'britney' on her hair]
------------------------------------------------
i have dyed my hair red OVER my already black hair before... not saying it TOOK OUT the other color but it went over as if i had black hair naturally...

i know i am going to have to bleach... i know i need to go to a pro and i plan to do so [i have had 'pros' here do my hair and majorly f*** up my head so im going to another town but i dont have a way to get there yet but i trust them there] I just wanted to know from people who DO THIS FOR A LIVING but no matter where the thread goes the wrong people are answering [thanks star for this thing smile ]

anyway hope this helps with what i know, what im doing, and all that. now help for me?

EDIT: i dont color my hair that often an odd color. in fact its been several years before i had to bleach my hair for a color. otherwise it walmart brands everytime; red or black.

and if i remember right [maybe] i believe the red i use to go over my black is loreal

Mar 28 09 01:40 pm Link

Model

Dreach-Fhoula

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Darling Kyttie wrote:
Question - Hair

Thank you in advance!

i used to know her... her name in Mina Rose probly got the pic from her page or whoever worked with her smile

Mar 28 09 01:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

Lisa Johnson Makeup wrote:
I totally agree here.  You can always purchase colored clip in extentions and thin them if you need to to fit your hair texture.  You are so beautiful, I wouldn't change much at all. 

Thanks to you both smile

I got the cut and the colour a couple days ago (just the brown), and I'm pretty impressed with it.
I had very dark brown done before, but the bangs are a new experience.

Mar 28 09 01:52 pm Link

Model

Dreach-Fhoula

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Asha H wrote:
Thanks to you both smile

I got the cut and the colour a couple days ago (just the brown), and I'm pretty impressed with it.
I had very dark brown done before, but the bangs are a new experience.

cant wait to see pictures

Mar 28 09 01:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

courthart

Abby Hawkins wrote:

I current have bangs that are cut at eyebrow length straight across and then parted at the side.  Keep, change...what would work best with my face?

Some pictures that kind of show off my face:
https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080626/13/4863ce45c4acf_m.jpg (I have the sidebangs here, only they were starting to grow out) | https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080917/15/48d15b341f0b6_m.jpg (to get a better idea of how my forehead is, perhaps?) | https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090125/17/497d0f7da8b0b_m.jpg

you would be adorable with bangs....straight across smile

Mar 28 09 04:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

courthart

MelodyMoher wrote:

i LOVE that color brown....I may copy you wink

Mar 28 09 04:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

courthart

Dreach-Fhoula wrote:
joins in the bandwagon [sorry so long but giving what details and extra i can]
*mostly copy and paste from the thread i made a day or so ago*
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … age=1#last

So i Have been trying to figure how to cover the fiasco that is currently my hair.

I ATTEMPTED to do a Cruella style in red and black... went to walmart but couldnt find my normal brand so i went with one i thought would be good. WRONG stupid me got the herbal essences to go over my dyed black hair... this brand only took at the root and this was some bright red [disco queen or something like that]

my face at diff angles [that i have]
[not how my hair looks i havent been able to load pictures of myself in a while.. computer hates me]
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080726/04/488adda192f58_m.jpghttps://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080612/02/4850c8c295a37_m.jpghttps://img6.modelmayhem.com/070216/14/45d60a7b4dc5c_m.jpg

ANYWAY...

I am trying to decide how i want my hair now and have 3 styles, and 4-5 colors with black. I can't decide to save my life, my roots are driving me bonkers, and i get bored with simple hair and ill be wanting to change it within a week [you can only style one color hair so many ways; eventually it looks all the same]

attempt again with cruella?
-too many people i know have this and i dont wanna be known as 'copying' them [i used to be friends with them]

go 3rds to where the sides of my head will be whatever color?
-I'll be tempted to get an 'obesehawk' [mohawk just wider] and id have my side burns and another strip black on each side and whatever color middle of the black as highlights.

like this: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c … D=47875983
- i might style my hair the same way but bangs drive me batty witht he grow out, even with clips. but it has been a while.

Now for colors [can be other brands but i like manic panic and it gives color ideas]

Infra Red http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … rared.html
-i LOVE the fade out
Pillarbox Red http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … oxred.html
-nice and bright
Rock 'n' Roll Red http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … llred.html
-toned down bright red
Enchanted Forest http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … orest.html
-reminds me of when my hair was blue adn faded green at the ends i loved it
Green Envy http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … nenvy.html
-another shade that faded into my hair big_smile

i was also thinking so shade of blue... but ive done it before back in my 3rd year of highschool [after midnight blue http://www.manicpanic.com/best%20hair%2 … tblue.html ]... but if anyone thinks blue would be good then im more than happy to try it again

http://www.manicpanic.com/best_of_best.html

Sorry for it to be so long but i wanted to give my best details.

Yes, i am trying to stand out. What makes things fun, and make modeling more interesting.
OH and whats the best idea to go over dyed black hair... ive done it before with some weaker blach and went to a BRIGHT orange [roots were white though >.< not using that brand again]

best bleach you can name?
i'm sure it does but at least it faded to a pretty red orange fire color 

BUT i WILL keep that in mind cause fading is almost as annoying as my hair taunting my under my bandana

but yeah .. hair bugging me... bad. ive been wearing my bandana just to cover my roots and it peaks and taunts me
grr
[contemplating going 'britney' on her hair]
------------------------------------------------
i have dyed my hair red OVER my already black hair before... not saying it TOOK OUT the other color but it went over as if i had black hair naturally...

i know i am going to have to bleach... i know i need to go to a pro and i plan to do so [i have had 'pros' here do my hair and majorly f*** up my head so im going to another town but i dont have a way to get there yet but i trust them there] I just wanted to know from people who DO THIS FOR A LIVING but no matter where the thread goes the wrong people are answering [thanks star for this thing smile ]

anyway hope this helps with what i know, what im doing, and all that. now help for me?

EDIT: i dont color my hair that often an odd color. in fact its been several years before i had to bleach my hair for a color. otherwise it walmart brands everytime; red or black.

and if i remember right [maybe] i believe the red i use to go over my black is loreal

just a suggestion, you may get more answers of you condense your question down a bit...people tend to not read through super long posts smile

Mar 28 09 04:23 pm Link

Model

Claire Au Contraire

Norfolk, Virginia, US

Do any of you have experience with using eyelash extensions?

I found a great upscale salon in town that has someone that does these. It's going to cost me about 300 dollar with "fill ins" at 40 dollars. They "say" they last about 6 weeks so I'd need my fills every month a a half after the initial 300 dollar set is applied....I'm just wondering if it's worth the investment - because I can NOT apply fake lashes and I LOVE loooooooooooooooong lashes. Mine are naturally long but I like dramatically long lashes.

Mar 28 09 07:17 pm Link