Forums > Photography Talk > Beware Mediastreet Ink...

Photographer

artphotodude

Cathedral City, California, US

I recently purchased a complete set of the ultrachrome-replacement inks made by Mediastreet (from Professional Marketing - PMSI in Arizona).  The folks at PMSI said to flush out the lines and that I should have no problems.  They said nothing about needing to use a special cleaning compound or that I could not refill my old Epson cartridges. 

Long story short, though the inks looked very nice at first - great color etc. a nozzle on my head is now jammed-up and I contacted both PMSI and Mediastreet, and after following their advice, I have used-up almost half the ink I purchased running special head-cleanings as advised by Mediastreet and the problem is still not fixed.  PMSI assumes no liability for the problems, and Mediastreet says that if I would have used their cartridges and flushed the system with their solution rather than water that it all would have been fine - are they right?  I don't know, but the fact is that if a major problem does arise that neither group is willing to do ANYTHING to help and makes no effort to warn customers of potential problems. 

All in all, between the ink lost in the switchover, the cost of the new M.S. ink, the cost of the new head I will probably have to buy and the ink to get the printer back to where it was in the beginning, about a $3,000 mistake.  As expensive as the real inks are, they also come with an IRON-CLAD warranty.  Buyer beware!  if you buy defective bullets for a gun they may simply not fire, but then again, they might blow-up in your face.

Nothing replaces a company taking the proper responsibility for their product.

Apr 17 06 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Course now if that was epson ink, and it jamed up, epson woulda sent you a new printer if it was a fault of the ink/printer.

You live and you learn, tho I havent ever heard of media street, I usually make sure I see how many people are using a system, and weigh out how many said they had problems.

One that i've seen and that a few folks on here in MM mentioned about was one from inkrepublic.

http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=R800

I personally have never used it, but far as this board and other boards go, I havent heard a complaint about it either.

Apr 17 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Sylvester

Fairfield, Ohio, US

I've been using Media Street Inks in my printer for around five years now and have never had any problems with them at all.

But... having said that I never used the Epson inks to begin with on that printer.  I bought the printer, a Media Street bulk ink system and the cartridges came with it.

Trying to refill a cartridge, especially by mixing brands of ink, is just asking for trouble in my opinion.  I hate to say it, but I think you didn't fully research the product and did a dumb thing. Don't blame the manufacturer because you purged your printer with water??? WTF? Epson type inks aren't water soluble.

Apr 18 06 12:29 pm Link