Forums > Events > **Rosemont MAY Group Shoot Saugatuck, MI**

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nicole Stanage wrote:
sign me up, ill find a way to get $10 and will use my gps to get up there somehow

Added! Can't wait to see you there.

Mar 19 09 01:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Sign me up... So how do we (non photographers) get photos, just exchanged addresses with the photographers or will there be a website, still... new to this. Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Mar 19 09 01:53 pm Link

Model

twinArmageddons

Lindsey R Smith wrote:
Sign me up... So how do we (non photographers) get photos, just exchanged addresses with the photographers or will there be a website, still... new to this. Sorry if thats a stupid question.

The same way us models do. smile Bring some sort of card (even if it's just paper with your name and email address on them) and ask that they send the pictures to you for your use in your portfolio. We can also make a thread to post pictures that were taken at the event after we're done.

Mar 19 09 01:57 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lindsey R Smith wrote:

Added! Welcome aboard as our first MUA!

Mar 19 09 01:59 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

AHHHHHH SOOO EXCITED!!!

Mar 19 09 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

NatB Photo

Sign me up

Mar 19 09 02:19 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

NB Photo wrote:
Sign me up

Added!

Mar 19 09 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Lindsey R Smith wrote:

When I work with anyone, mua's, hairstylists, etcetera, everyone gets a disk with the edited images on them to use in their ports. I also keep my business cards on me, so that it's easier to give out contact info. :]

I would definitely take the suggestion of Nikki, and maybe print out something with your name & address and contact info on it, or just write it down on several pieces of paper to trade with the photog. that you work with.

Mar 19 09 02:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

alright, I better order more business cards smile

Mar 19 09 02:47 pm Link

Artist/Painter

weirdartist

Fraser, Michigan, US

i am very interested in attending. I will need more info about the exact date and times. if I do make it out, I could probably drive a few people from the detroit area out there (no promises yet) smile Let me know when you have more details.

brian

Mar 19 09 02:47 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

weirdartist wrote:
i am very interested in attending. I will need more info about the exact date and times. if I do make it out, I could probably drive a few people from the detroit area out there (no promises yet) smile Let me know when you have more details.

brian

It's May 14th, 11-6pm (meet at 10:30am) possible food/picnic/potluck afterwards.

Mar 19 09 02:54 pm Link

Model

twinArmageddons

I have everything except my noon slot open. WHO WANTS ME? smile

Mar 19 09 02:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

So I was thinking about just charging a kit fee of 12 dollars... it takes A LOT to replenish that kit when you only use the best products! I'll add on lashes for an extra 7 dollars.

It will take 30 minutes to do each person.

Who is interested?

Mar 19 09 03:07 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lindsey R Smith wrote:
So I was thinking about just charging a kit fee of 12 dollars... it takes A LOT to replenish that kit when you only use the best products! I'll add on lashes for an extra 7 dollars.

It will take 30 minutes to do each person.

Who is interested?

I would love to work with you on something. smile Just.. have to figure out what!

schedule:
11-12 StarryNightPhotography
12-1
1-2
2-3
3-4
4-5
5-6 ScreamCraft Studio

Mar 19 09 03:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

I was also thinking about coming a bit early to gat 1 or 2 in before everyone starts... does that work for anyone else... would that be allowed?

Mar 19 09 03:11 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lindsey R Smith wrote:
I was also thinking about coming a bit early to gat 1 or 2 in before everyone starts... does that work for anyone else... would that be allowed?

you could come early if you'd like. just let me know when and Nikki and I can meet you. smile

Mar 19 09 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

NatB Photo

Nikki RawrRawr wrote:
I have everything except my noon slot open. WHO WANTS ME? smile

I want you! lol

Mar 19 09 03:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

Ok So nikki wants makeup done too? I'll come at 9:30 if thats not too early for you girls, get one done from 9:30 to 10, one from 10 to 10:30.

Mar 19 09 03:22 pm Link

Model

twinArmageddons

NB Photo wrote:
I want you! lol

big_smile what time?
and I'll have to see money wise if I can swing make up... but I want to! so I'll let you know ^_^

Mar 19 09 03:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lindsey R Smith

Alright, sounds good.

Mar 19 09 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

NatB Photo

Nikki RawrRawr wrote:

big_smile what time?
and I'll have to see money wise if I can swing make up... but I want to! so I'll let you know ^_^

4-5 pm?  Let me know if you'd rather do another time, all my slots are open right now.

Mar 19 09 03:29 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lindsey R Smith  wrote:
Alright, sounds good.

I'll write you down. to make sure I remember.

Mar 19 09 03:31 pm Link

Model

twinArmageddons

NB Photo wrote:
4-5 pm?  Let me know if you'd rather do another time, all my slots are open right now.

Gotcha down.

Mar 19 09 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

NatB Photo

Raechl wrote:

It's May 14th, 11-6pm (meet at 10:30am) possible food/picnic/potluck afterwards.

I think the food/picnic/potluck is a great idea! big_smile

Mar 19 09 03:34 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

NB Photo wrote:
I think the food/picnic/potluck is a great idea! big_smile

same here, especially for everybody traveling far to get here. It gives everyone some time to chill and eat!

Mar 19 09 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Ok kids, my schedule is WIDE open smile

Suggestions based on other group shoots:

*Put a schedule on your profile

*Leave at least one hour open

*Make sure the people you are working with are on the same page about getting images (when, how many, what size) and releases/usage agreement

*Get rides and lodging arranged early

*Exchange cell phone numbers

Mar 19 09 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Love the idea of a potluck. Would give us time to just relax, eat some food, and socialize before the drive home. :]

Mar 19 09 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Oh, and sorry for two posts in a row, but I have my schedule up on my profile! I've got three slots filled thus far for sure.

And is everyone taking a break at the same time, or just whenever? I took 2pm-3pm as downtime, since it's right in the middle.

Mar 19 09 04:05 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

StarryNightPhotography wrote:
Oh, and sorry for two posts in a row, but I have my schedule up on my profile! I've got three slots filled thus far for sure.

And is everyone taking a break at the same time, or just whenever? I took 2pm-3pm as downtime, since it's right in the middle.

mostly it's different for everyone. depending on when they want to stop and breathe for a little bit. and if we're doing a potluck I will put up a list and people can tell me what they're bringing!

Mar 19 09 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

NatB Photo

StarryNightPhotography wrote:

I second 2-3 pm as downtime/lunch time. We don't want our models/photographers passing out of hunger, do we?  =P

Mar 19 09 04:21 pm Link

Model

Laura Porter

I listed my openings on my profile, but thought I'd stick them here, too:

11-12
12-1
1-2 - StarryNightPhotography (MM#700860)
2-3 - Lumigraphics (MM#328211)
3-4 - NB Photo (MM# #443878)
4-5 *Tentatively have this time full*
5-6

Send me a message if you'd like to work with me..

The potluck idea sounds good to me, too.  Also, I let Erick Gerson R (MM##849666) know about the shoot.  He's a MUA and he's awesome, so hopefully he'll be able to make it too since we only have one so far.

Mar 19 09 04:31 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Should we set up and see who's bringing what for the potluck in that case? smile

Mar 19 09 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Raechl wrote:
Should we set up and see who's bringing what for the potluck in that case? smile

I think that's a good idea. Everyone's going to be famished afterwards, most likely! Because I know during my downtime, I'll probably just grab some kind of quick snack, not an actual lunch.

Mar 19 09 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

DeRayPhoto

Detroit, Michigan, US

Cecilia model wrote:
I would love to come, but I can't confirm it.  Gotta make sure I have a ride first!  But the place looks gorgeous

Mar 19 09 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

DeRayPhoto

Detroit, Michigan, US

DRH PHOTO wrote:

Trying to get a car pool going from the East side of the state...Cecilia if you need a ride let me know...Were all good people...smile

Mar 19 09 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

DRH PHOTO wrote:

Trying to get a car pool going from the East side of the state...Cecilia if you need a ride let me know...Were all good people...smile

I'm coming from Southwestern Michigan, near Niles, if anyone wants to carpool as well. I think I'll have one seat open.

Mar 19 09 05:02 pm Link

Model

Raechl

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Alright, who's willing to drive a carpool? I will put it up on the main notice so people coming from your side of the state know.

Mar 19 09 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

StarryNight Photography

South Bend, Indiana, US

Raechl wrote:
Alright, who's willing to drive a carpool? I will put it up on the main notice so people coming from your side of the state know.

Go ahead and put me down.

Mar 19 09 05:12 pm Link

Model

Ceecilia

New York, New York, US

DRH PHOTO wrote:

Thanks sooo much smile  you can sign me up then!

Mar 19 09 05:44 pm Link

Model

Ceecilia

New York, New York, US

Also is someone gonna be doing hair?  I cannot style my own hair for the life of me

Mar 19 09 05:45 pm Link