Forums > Critique > Not enough crazy angles? Okay... Fine...

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

How is this for a crazy angle?! ^_^
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … eaf08b7002

Someone told me that I didn't have enough crazy angles in my portfolio, so I decided to go out and do a little experimenting. Let me know your thoughts.

Jul 08 05 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

to make it a really crazy angle have her bend one way, and use a fish eye so the building appears to bend the other

Jul 08 05 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Star: 
to make it a really crazy angle have her bend one way, and use a fish eye so the building appears to bend the other

lol. smile Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it next time.

Jul 08 05 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Nah, try a 24mm tilt shift.

You can make a column of crisp focu run straigt up the model and the building, then blur off the edges. That'll give someone a headache.

Jul 08 05 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Brian Kim: 
Nah, try a 24mm tilt shift.

You can make a column of crisp focu run straigt up the model and the building, then blur off the edges. That'll give someone a headache.

(big_smile You folks are bananas.

Jul 08 05 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Try this crazy tilt of a suggestion. Get really close to your model with a 35mm wide angle (or equivalent in your digital SLR). Be very careful as you get close and as soon as your model's nose is too big step back. Now you are ready (and I am dead serious here). You are uncomfortably close to your model physically if you don't know her well. Here she has to trust you. Then you begin to talk to her and ask her to look in your lens. Most models can act. If she is 22 ask her to think about being 15. Or the other way around if your model is 15. Your photograph or photographs will then have soul which comes from communication and not from a Dutch tilt.

Jul 08 05 10:23 pm Link