This thread was locked on 2009-06-02 12:09:16
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > How do I even her skin tone?

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Robert Randall wrote:

If you read above you will note I asked for a file and permission to work it. When done, I will upload a layered file everyone can download, including ledeux, if he can figure out how to click the link.

knock off the snide remarks, will ya. i bet your little buddy wrote that shit to his own blog, for pitty and you fell for it, nothing to do with me, so get off my ass before i get you off my ass.

Jun 02 09 06:00 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Robert Randall wrote:

I am speechless, and I think everyone will agree I need say no more.

I agree, Robert!

Jun 02 09 06:01 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Robert Randall wrote:
I am speechless

Round one to LeDeux then tongue  Ding! Ding! big_smilebig_smile

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jun 02 09 06:04 am Link

Retoucher

Removed Profile

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I agree, Robert!

x2 LOL
.. anyway to answer the OPs question depending on how much time you want to put into it.. I would use the clone tool and then dodge and burn some highlights and shadows back in. There are lots of ways to do it and I'm sure more people will leave more ideas on here.. trial and error them and see what works best for you.
You could even use the blur tool, not to everyone's taste but you could make it work.

Jun 02 09 06:05 am Link

Photographer

Taryn True

Union City, New Jersey, US

all i wanted to know was some methods from changing skin tone hues to even it out in PHOTOSHOP.

i thank everyone who actively participated in offering advice to my specific question.

a useful tidbit of info should anyone actually choose to answer the question instead of boasting about their own [poor] lighting skills.

Jun 02 09 11:24 am Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

Moderator Warning!

SAADIQ PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

Philipe wrote:
Things like adjusting it in photoshop can be avoided with proper make up and lighting..

LeDeux Art wrote:
its all about the lighting, im pretty sure thats the best way to even the skin out, light it corectly in the first place

c_h_r_i_s wrote:
Start with a good model/MUA/skin tones/lighting ect. Make life so much easier. Then you can concentrate on the effects.

From the Forum FAQ:

Rules:
This forum falls under the "Industry Forum" category and has a more strict set of rules than other forums.  Please view the Forum Rules for more information. 

What is different about the Industry forums?

In addition to the regular forum rules, there are two that apply specifically to Tier 3 Forums—Model Matters; Photography Talk; Hair, Makeup & Styling; and Digital Art and Retouching.

(31) No BS: While this is Model Mayhem, we would like to keep a nice balance between the mayhem and being resourceful.    This is where the "Industry Forums" come in to play.  All forums under this header are meant to be used for serious discussion only.  Please think before you post and only hit the submit button if you have a well thought out contribution.  Junk posts/threads do not belong here.  These forums will be heavily moderated by the Forum Mods.  If they feel someone is too much of a nuisance, the offender could be banned from the forums.

(32) No drama: Keep the drama out of these forums.  If you get into it with someone, please at least keep it civil.  Or else both parties will be brigged.

The No BS and No Drama rules include posts similar to the following:

* “In before the lock”
* “Not this [bleep] again”
* "Use Tri-X" in a thread about digitally converting to black-and-white
* "Buy a Mac" in a "The color on my Vista machine isn't right" thread
* “Shoot with a different model” in a retouching thread
* "Get it right in camera" in a "How do I retouch this" thread.

Other discouraged practices include posts that only complain about spelling or grammar or correcting someone else’s corrections about spelling or grammar.

Such posts have a long history of disrupting threads, and fall under the No BS rule as well as the No Hijacking and Don’t Troll site rules. Consider very carefully whether the post is a serious contribution before clicking on Reply.

Jun 02 09 12:06 pm Link