Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Thank MM for this forum but 1 question.

Photographer

biwa

Pinole, California, US

Is this forum going to be open to critiques?
I would hope so , it would go hand in hand with any questions about retouching people will ask. 
But whats the official stance?

May 23 09 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Good question.  I'll bump it.

May 23 09 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew77uk

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom

I would hope it would be

May 23 09 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

MisterC

Portland, Oregon, US

There is already a critique forum, which is open to retouching critiques.

May 23 09 01:56 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

biwa wrote:
Is this forum going to be open to critiques?
I would hope so , it would go hand in hand with any questions about retouching people will ask. 
But whats the official stance?

This was a long-discussed topic, and the decision was that the rules here are the same as for the Photo, Model, and Hair/Makeup/Styling forums: critiques belong in the Critique forum.

There were advantages and disadvantages to both approaches, but the above is the current stance. If you feel strongly about this, feel free to discuss it in Site Related.

May 23 09 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Kevin_Connery wrote:

This was a long-discussed topic, and the decision was that the rules here are the same as for the Photo, Model, and Hair/Makeup/Styling forums: critiques belong in the Critique forum.

There were advantages and disadvantages to both approaches, but the above is the current stance. If you feel strongly about this, feel free to discuss it in Site Related.

This is probably best simply because if critiques were allowed in here, I would expect to start seeing a lot of unsolicited critiques since it wouldn't be against the rules.

May 23 09 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

Kevin_Connery wrote:

Agreed

May 23 09 04:42 pm Link

Model

Jas "Belly Donsah"

San Francisco, California, US

Great question! I should hope so! Otherwise you'll have to go to multiple forums to get answers! Or maybe you could post twice? ~ Belly Donsah

May 25 09 01:14 pm Link