Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > noob nees help with a banner

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

hey you guys... here is my first stab at creating a banner.. do not be mean, please...

I need some help.. I am so confused sad

how do I make it better, the easy way? Please include step-by-step instructions.

https://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090524/14/4a19b7ac5e805.jpg

also, how do I link it to the actual list (here on MM)?

May 24 09 02:12 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

I bet everybody is playing outside ...

May 24 09 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Kinkaid

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

it needs to be catch the eye either with font or colour, I don't think the grey or font do this one any favours, look online for samples that inspire

I did this one quickly for an example of the colour and what you can achieve with some simple photoshop brushes

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/simplypictures/banner7-2.jpg

May 24 09 02:29 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

simplypictures wrote:
it needs to be catch the eye either with font or colour, I don't think the grey or font do this one any favours, look online for samples that inspire

I did this one quickly for an example of the colour and what you can achieve with some simple photoshop brushes

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/simplypictures/banner7-2.jpg

how do I do that? smile I am a noob...

how did you get that picture in there? I always have trouble with figuring out how to crop it after I paste it. It seems to overlap with my "border"

also, since this is a art nude thing I think it should be a little more toned down. maybe include a picture or an art nude on the side or the background... hm... I need some PS lessons

May 24 09 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

KuttingEdge

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

i would take it a step further and animate it, see mine on the top of my page

May 24 09 02:52 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

KuttingEdge  wrote:
i would take it a step further and animate it, see mine on the top of my page

aw... how do I do that?

May 24 09 02:54 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevin_Connery

Fullerton, California, US

BeautyIsACurse wrote:
how do I make it better, the easy way? Please include step-by-step instructions.

1. Decide what you want it to look like. (And how you want it to behave, if you'll be using animation.)
2. Make it look that way.

Without more details in step 1, no additional details can really be given for step 2.

May 24 09 04:36 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

Kevin_Connery wrote:

1. Decide what you want it to look like. (And how you want it to behave, if you'll be using animation.)
2. Make it look that way.

Without more details in step 1, no additional details can really be given for step 2.

ok, here is what I want:

1. "ART NUDE MODELS: The List" , "ART NUDE PHOTOGRAPHERS: The List" and "The Nude Model Network" as titles. So, I am making three different banners.
2. A Picture or a nice design in the background. Something classic for art nudes (after all, they are usually black and white, artistic), and something a little more catchy for Nude Model Network.
3. No animation... I can't do that right now, maybe for the second revision.
4. Formatting with a nice border, maybe something analogous to the framed gallery picture...I dunno. Some kind of nice frame.

May 24 09 06:00 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

bump, anybody wants to help me over the phone?

May 24 09 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Huntington Beach, California, US

Why don't you just ask someone to make it for you? tongue

May 24 09 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

BornArts

Fresno, California, US

Chanel Rene wrote:

Best advice yet.

May 25 09 04:50 am Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

Chanel Rene wrote:

cause I want to learn myself?

you know, I don't just want stuff... I want to learn how to make it.

May 25 09 09:22 am Link

Retoucher

KKP Retouching

Anaheim, California, US

It's difficult to teach over the forums like this.  First of all, we need to know what you DO know.  How can I try teaching you step by step if you end up reading it like some foreign language?  Do you know how to create new layers, drag layers from other file, use the text tool, blending options, and the brush tool?  What version of Photoshop do you have?

May 26 09 09:31 am Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

KKP Retouching wrote:
It's difficult to teach over the forums like this.  First of all, we need to know what you DO know.  How can I try teaching you step by step if you end up reading it like some foreign language?  Do you know how to create new layers, drag layers from other file, use the text tool, blending options, and the brush tool?  What version of Photoshop do you have?

yeah:)

I have figured that I should probably stop trying to do this over the forum...

thanks for advice. I will tap into the knowledge of people I work with.

May 26 09 09:34 am Link

Photographer

J Sharp

Sacramento, California, US

In a situation like this it may be helpful if you bought a book on photoshop first.  As mentioned above you may need to learn the "language" first.  It would be very difficult to explain a process like this online or over the phone if you're not familiar with the basic syntax of photoshop.

May 26 09 09:36 am Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

J Sharp  wrote:
In a situation like this it may be helpful if you bought a book on photoshop first.  As mentioned above you may need to learn the "language" first.  It would be very difficult to explain a process like this online or over the phone if you're not familiar with the basic syntax of photoshop.

I already have it... now i have to read it smile

I will be back as soon as I am done. thanks a lot.

May 26 09 09:38 am Link